aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

Why are you eating burgers in Barcelona?? Isn't there a wealth of paella, tattie omelettes and whatever else spaniards eat?

It was only here I came across the burger with a fried egg on it as a normal thing. Most places have it as an option. And so I'm designating the big fatty burger as an honorary Spanish meal.

Admission: I've never eaten paella :eek:

Bloody love a tattie omelette though.

Ramen is a relatively new dish for me. It's basically soup with noodles, chopped up pork and a fucking egg floating about. Soup and egg? what asian genius came up with that?

Sorry for turning this into a thread about eggs, but I need to pass this on. My missus made scotch eggs recently from scratch, using quail eggs. Fuck my fuck were they awesome.

431302_10150579445210382_454379042_n.jpg

• Upvote 2

In Switzerland they crack an egg over the middle of your pizza before they put it in the oven. I found it really weird to begin with but it's actually really good.

Not just a Swiss thing. It is great though. I made a homemade pizza recently with asparagus and prosciutto. Cracked an egg into the middle as well and it was probably the best pizza I've ever made.

Sorry for turning this into a thread about eggs, but I need to pass this on. My missus made scotch eggs recently from scratch, using quail eggs. Fuck my fuck were they awesome.

431302_10150579445210382_454379042_n.jpg

That's a fucking terrible photo! Scotch eggs look good though... I think...

That's a fucking terrible photo! Scotch eggs look good though... I think...

It is a terrible photo - it was taken with a really cheap phone camera with no flash! The scotch eggs were immense, she boiled the quails eggs so they were still slightly soft, and she got good quality sausages from the butchers, rolled them in white breadcrumbs and deep fried. They were so fucking good. And they weren't all crumbly and dry like shop ones.

What the fuck are you doing over there? Sort yourself out.

Well I don't like seafood. I know, I know I've been told many times this makes me a terrible human being.

Of course there are other varieties of paella available but any good place only serves paella for two and my friends always want a fishy option.

Does the burrito man do vegetable burritos? I had a chicken one from Pinto in Glasgow on Wednesday and it gave me food poisoning. The vomiting has made me want to avoid meat for a while.

I know this is technically a Quick Question, but this thread is hub of burrito man knowledge.

Does the burrito man do vegetable burritos? I had a chicken one from Pinto in Glasgow on Wednesday and it gave me food poisoning. The vomiting has made me want to avoid meat for a while.

I know this is technically a Quick Question, but this thread is hub of burrito man knowledge.

Don't know but he uses chilli beef so little less scary than chicken from a cart

I need to try this Burrito man's wares. This place opened in Newcastle recently. It's like Subway but for awesome burritos/tacos and therefore much better. I went twice on Saturday; totally worth it. If there was one up here I'd be in there always.

Unsane. Man. Wow. Unsane.

So i went in today, I had the soft tortilla, my wife had the crispy tortilla, only issue was lacking salt.

IMG_20120714_153346.jpg