aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

Friday: Went fir dinner with a load of teammates at the Chairlady's house. Great banter and played Cluedo for the first time in years. Dy-no-mite board game.

Saturday: Went to the dandies semi with a load of mates. Sent torrents of drunken abuse to my gf who was in the Hibs end with her junkie Hibbee scum mates. Disppointing game. Went and got burst and played hunners darts after. Caught up with ex-Aberdeen Music superstar Jamesy Weapon for the evening

Sunday: American football training. Was cut short when one of our receivers got creamed and ended up with a second elbow half way down his forearm. Both bones broken. Need operated on and pinned. Op is this morning so hope it went well.

Friday - went out after work with a huge bunch of workmates to this wanky club where loads of orange people danced to the Black Eyed Peas or whatever. I sat out the back in the smoking bit most of the night with a bunch of stoned black guys and got royally drunk.

Saturday - Got up in time to watch that shitty football match, then spent the afternoon trundling around middle-aged heaven, aka Homebase, buying, among other things, a pedal bin, a toilet seat, some compost, a hanging basket, plant pots, some hooks and a garden gnome. Had a chinese in front of the telly in the evening.

Sunday - Cleaned the house all afternoon, fucked around in a big shopping mall for a while then played some guitar then played some XBox in the evening. Quiet weekend likes.

Just a general statement really.

For what it's worth:

cover bands >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tribute bands >>>>>>>>> NEW2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>U2

I disagree. I prefer a proper tribute act who work on sounding like the band they are paying tribut to much more than a boozey pub rock cover band who just churn out popular rock songs for hours on end. They are pretty much a very expensive jukebox, but worse.

Fuck no - a covers band at least just plays other bands songs (which can be fun to both listen to and to take part in). A tribute band TRY TO BE another band, down to hairstyles, putting on a voice to sound like the lead singer etc. Mental, and ridiculous.

I have spent a good half hour trying to work out who is the biggest dick - Bono, or someone whose job it is to pretend to be Bono. It's a tough call, but I can reveal that the bigger dickhead is Bono himself. Because, well...he's Bono innit?

Bullshit, i play in an "expensive jukebox", we put have put a shit load of work into what we have done over the years, i find that pretty insulting to be honest.

Really? I'm sure you put in a bit of work to learn other peoples songs, but those types of pub rock bands are essentially playing a selection of songs people want to hear. The description is quite apt in my opinion, which I'm entitled to... I'm not saying cover bands are a bad thing, I just have little interest in hearing an Oasis song one minute and then a Guns and Roses song the next. Whereas I wouldn't go see a tribute band unless it was a band paying tribute to a band I really like and probably won't ever get to see again, and if they do it well, then it is pretty awesome.

Then again, I'd rather go watch/listen to a proper band who do their own thing above all else.

• 2 weeks later...

4 day weekend!!!!:rockon:

Monday and Tuesday off for may day :)

After work today I head straight to the airport to fly to Madrid and visit a friend of mine.

Tomorrow we're going to this https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/548053_370220649687421_288867554489398_1025728_732988673_n.jpg

Sunday - I'll be dead but have to travel back to barcelona in the evening.

Monday - Manchester Derby :D and maybe out for a friend's birthday afterwards

Tuesday - I'll probably just sit around laughing like an evil super villain because I still won't be working!

Fly back from Norway on Saturday, spend the rest of Saturday drinking myself into a stupour and then i have to go to Perth on Sunday to watch my girlfriend do some horse-riding competition nonsense.

My company doesn't acknowledge local holidays (we get them in lieu) so i'll be back to work in Aberdeen on Monday before travelling back to Norway on Wednesday for more fun and games. Yay.

Tonight - attend East Kilbride Sports Awards to see whether the Pirates have retained the Senior Team of the Year award

Tomorrow - early start and head to Glasgow at 5:30am to get the train to Birmingham to play our season opener against the Bulls. Night out in B'ham afterwards

Sunday - bus home, recover and relax. Then tidy the flat as the bird is back from a hen do early Monday morning