aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

Tonight: Drop wife off at Youth club she helps run, Piss about on Internet until I have to pick her up.

Saturday: build the shed that was delivered at the start of the week, cue a lot of shouting and calling her stupid for not listening to instructions, have a few beers while building it, maybe even a cigar after it's finished with the phrase "I love it when a plan comes together!".

Sunday: lunch at in-laws, getting paid to set up a computer, and also discuss some work stuff.

Well, and there will be playing with new effects pedals too.

Gear! What have you got?

This weekend I will be drinking loads of rum, eating faux-Mexican food, and counting down the hours until my new amplifier arrives. I don't even have a cab at my flat at the moment. I just want to look at it.

Gear! What have you got?

This weekend I will be drinking loads of rum, eating faux-Mexican food, and counting down the hours until my new amplifier arrives. I don't even have a cab at my flat at the moment. I just want to look at it.

Claire and I got a Fuzzhugger ABSynth, which could be the best sounding mad fuzz I've heard. It does these crazy oscillations when you play with the volume knob, but it's very musical at the same time. I'll take it along to next practice. I also picked up a cheap boss copy phaser and Claire got a EH Memory toy. Gear in the States is mental cheap, so much lovely stuff.

Tonight - Finish work in 2 hours, and off to play Golf. After that chill out, look after the cats who have just been spayed & neutered. So I'm guessing they probably aren't going to be too happy.

Saturday - PC gaming in the morning, shopping for holiday stuff in the afternoon

Sunday - Getting ready for the next week at work, and preparing for a mates wedding.

might practice Bass (but only if droid is checking out this thread!!)

What amp did you go for?

Posted it in the gear thread. Went for the Egnater Renegade 65 in the end. Seems alot more versatile, and capable of alot more sounds. Did some research on the Orange Thunders, and they don't seem so good. Nice Orange chassis' filled with cheap chinese parts, which is why they're 300 quid cheaper than the next rung up the Orange ladder. I was close to going for a JCM800 on ebay, but I decided against it at the last minute. The Egnater I got was a good £250 below RRP, and has only had about 5 hours use. I really dig what I've heard of it, and not really heard a bad word said about them.

• Upvote 1

Tonight: finally submit an app to apple's review board that has consumed my life for 3 months (14hour days + wknds)

Tomorrow: make up for all the absence from my girlfriend by buying her a bike then taking her out for cocktails.

Sun: chill the fuck out.

what does the app do?

I was close to going for a JCM800 on ebay, but I decided against it at the last minute. The Egnater I got was a good £250 below RRP, and has only had about 5 hours use. I really dig what I've heard of it, and not really heard a bad word said about them.

FWIW, I didn't much like the Egnater I tried (not sure what model it was though), definitely preferred my JCM800. Oddly enough, the one thing I did really like about the Egnater was the clean chords.

It's like a guide to the new york with some fancy things thrown in like live traffic camera streaming and a bunch of other stuff. We had to completely re-design the old product from scratch so it was an epic effort.
for some reason when I read that it went through my head like this...
It's like a guide to the new york hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster hipster.

It's like a guide to the new york with some fancy things thrown in like live traffic camera streaming and a bunch of other stuff. We had to completely re-design the old product from scratch so it was an epic effort.

I tried the old one but I didn't actually find it hugely helpful. Does this one have anything that tells you what is around you? Using the phones GPS? I'd have liked (will like later this year) something that helped me find good places to eat that were vaguely near.

I know the old one listed places to eat but it was hard to find good ones unless you spotted one you wanted then specifically went there.

I tried the old one but I didn't actually find it hugely helpful. Does this one have anything that tells you what is around you? Using the phones GPS? I'd have liked (will like later this year) something that helped me find good places to eat that were vaguely near.

I know the old one listed places to eat but it was hard to find good ones unless you spotted one you wanted then specifically went there.

The old one was location-based, maybe you had it turned off or something. I joined the company when that one was already out and it looked like balls so I'm glad I've gotten to re-design it. Anyway, Yeah, it's got a huge new relevance engine behind it now which picks out places that are nearby and highly rated. i.e. you don't just get a bunch of places nearby, you get hand picked suggestions of good places nearby.

/ad over, soz

Thanks for giving it a go though.

Aren't apps and iPhones and the like against the hipster analog ethos? In any case, my job is pretty wanky and frequently makes me question my existence but it's not really hipster.
Yeah, sorry I should explain I dont think anything of what you said was hipster in the slightest, it was just my biased mind that thought that way. I need to sort out my life an start working on apps rather than the pish I do. I commend you on your work, hope the app does well and I, honestly, wish I was I. Your position (except the 80 hour days etc)
  • Upvote 1