aberdeen-music

Restaurant / Takeaway review thread

Lemonade

Went 2 Moonfish recently and had one of the best dining experiences ever. The food was incredible and the pace of courses was bang on. I have to say the service was top notch: they were caring but not intrusive and were relaxed without pretence. They've pipped it for me over Musa.

Agreed, the food at Moonfish is on a different level to pretty much anything else I've eaten in Aberdeen.

Malmaison,2 course "local produce" menu 14.50..best smoked salmon iv'e ever tasted.Drinks were bloody expensive...4.50 for an Absolute and diet coke,but i did discover Kasteel cru.Service a wee bit slow,but top quality tucker.:up:

Mollys Bistro on Market Street is one the better restaurants I've been to recently. Been there about 5 times in the past 2 months and every time has been great. The food (especially the sirloin steak) is cooked to perfection, the prices are a little bit above the likes of illicit still and ma camerons but quality of food more than makes up for it. Staff are always friendly and you pretty much always get a table without waiting. The choice of music can sometimes be a little bit...strange, considering the layout/design of the place, but if you like cock rock you'll be alright :up:

KFC is not my favourite. For a start, I always seem to get the girl server who doesn't have good engrish and forget to check my order so it's something of a lottery, except that their fries always suck.

No mashed potato either! I can understand 'biscuits' and collard greens being a bit too American and weird for us but I've never understood why they think we wouldn't like mashed potato.

Fusion Takeaway on Holburn Street - beautiful. The menu is a mix of Chinese, Thai and Indian (hence the name I suppose). I had pork wontons followed by peanut satay chicken with fried rice, and the wife had Cantonese ribs, followed by chicken curry. Everything was really really tasty, the best takeaway I've had in a while. 2 set meals - 18.

Plaza Pizza, just off Lang Stracht. Pizza huge and cooked to perfection, half the price of the Dominos that's about 100 yards away, and just as good.

Fusion Takeaway on Holburn Street - beautiful. The menu is a mix of Chinese, Thai and Indian (hence the name I suppose). I had pork wontons followed by peanut satay chicken with fried rice, and the wife had Cantonese ribs, followed by chicken curry. Everything was really really tasty, the best takeaway I've had in a while. 2 set meals - 18.

This sounds good. Will perhaps try this at the weekend. :up: