aberdeen-music

Restaurant / Takeaway review thread

Lemonade

recommended restaurants

If you are still located in Stonehaven there is not much to beat The Heugh Hotel.

Or Gino's in Ann Street, Stonehaven for authentic Italian food - great Veal dishes - Gino might even sing Volare for you!

A little further South at Catterline

The Creel Inn Seafood specialities...and so much more*-*The Creel Inn Seafood specialities...and so much more

If you really want to impress there is nothing quite like sitting in the 600 year old medieval lounge at Maryculter House - let alone tasting the excellent food in the dining room.

The Bistro at Muchalls is also first class but you almost always need to book.

In Aberdeen, as has already been mentioned, Rustico is highly recommended.

For something completely different try the Goulash, a Hungarian restaurant in the Adelphi, off Union Street. It is a very small place and it is like dining in someone's house - exceptional standard of service from the owners themselves. Very reasonably priced and you will be talking about this place for months and months after you pay a visit.

Hope this helps.

The quality of food at La Lombarda is bloody awful in my experience. Unless you're a big Little Chef fan, avoid.

Good shout by Graham Knight on the Creel Inn. If your girlfriend likes a seafood, you could probably forget to buy her birthday presents for a couple of years and get away with it.

The Foyer and La Bonne Brasserie are also real nice.

If you are still located in Stonehaven there is not much to beat The Heugh Hotel.

Boo, a post about food in Stoney and you didn't mention The Carron Restaurant. Poor show, best in town by a mile.

Haven't been to the Heugh for a few years but it used to be a regular when I lived there and it just did a solid hotel style menu with a bit of everything.

I second whoever said Howies. Great scottish food, seasonal menu and set prices.

Also Rustico's is all kinds of awesome.

Guest idol_wild

Cafe 52 is a good shout. I've always been a fan of Chi Bar in The Academy. Really good food at a reasonable price, and the bar area is a pretty neat place to have a drink. Try their Sun Lick beer on draught. Fucking delicious.

Try their Duck 'n Plum.

Was this on Bridge Street?

Yes. You were a fan aswell?

They made a seriously beautiful Roganjosh and a stunning Madras.

Oh and their peanut dip appetiser was amazing!

I used to look for any excuse to go there. Lunch with my mum, nights out, birthdays; I even had one for Christmas last year!

The last night I went was after I had worked up an appetite at the Ale festival and introduced my friend to it. The next time I had trouble booking, but led a bunch of mates to Bridge Street only to find it was gone!

I was sickened.

Do you know of any other Kama quality indians in Aberdeen? I can eat just about any Italian, but I can't eat a poor indian. It has to be Kama quality or nothing!

Yes. You were a fan aswell?

They made a seriously beautiful Roganjosh and a stunning Madras.

Oh and their peanut dip appetiser was amazing!

I used to look for any excuse to go there. Lunch with my mum, nights out, birthdays; I even had one for Christmas last year!

The last night I went was after I had worked up an appetite at the Ale festival and introduced my friend to it. The next time I had trouble booking, but led a bunch of mates to Bridge Street only to find it was gone!

I was sickened.

Do you know of any other Kama quality indians in Aberdeen? I can eat just about any Italian, but I can't eat a poor indian. It has to be Kama quality or nothing!

Try Cinnamon, only been once due to it being a bit pricey but the food was amazing. Had a slow cooked leg of lamb which was something else.

I went to Yatai, the Japanese place just across from the Noose and Monkey, it was both reasonable and delicious.

Cafe 52 is always a winner with me.

Went to Malmaison a few days ago and thought it was not bad. I have no idea how much it cost as it was a work thing but I'm lead to believe it is very pricey... that's why I had the steak.

There is a nice French place on windmill brae, can't remember the name but they do snails and that sort of thing.