aberdeen-music

fat people

ben_1903

That's not even what the discussion is about. They're built with muscle. This is about fat more than weight.

Not necessarily, they have a lot of muscle but also a larger fat content than your average person. It was more about someone who was a particular size and build being unhealthy.

What about the many smokers who live on Government handouts, so technically aren't paying any tax or National Insurance but will still benefit from NHS treatment for preventable diseases?

And is there a system of calculating how much money raised by cigarette taxation and National Insurance payments by smokers goes towards NHS treatments for those suffering smoking related illnesses? is there a level of demarkation? No there isn't. So your argument is basically a lot of shite.

What about fatties who get hand outs?

If smokers pay tax on their fags - sure you can't calculate exactly what goes where; but they are still paying extra tax towards the NHS, which fatties don't.

Smokers are treated like social piriahs, but to be really obese is becoming the norm and increasingly acceptable.

Fat people (that don't have a medical reason to be fat) have just as much choice to be fat as smokers; but smoking is more addicitive than macdonalds!!

And Phil, its not fair to say all my posts have been shite, I think my disagreement on the evoloution topic was well put...

It is relevant to the discussion here though. I've studied evolution too you know...

It's natural for you to be disgusted by "gunts", yes, but not for everybody. Yes you're entitled to an opinion on it like everyone else but sometimes you have to know when to say things and when not to say things and if your motivation for posting this thread was to be controversial and "cool" then you may have succeeded on the first aim but you failed miserably on the second which is a shame because having spoken to you before you seemed like a nice enough guy.

Dude, my motivation for this thread was:

1. I had recently been repulsed by an extremely fat person on the bus, the topic of fatness was on my mind, I thought I'd post about it.

2. I was bored and felt like having a rant and starting a topic.

Not to seem cool. If I wanted to look cool I would have posted a picture of myself with my four popped collars.

If anyone is offended by that - I don't appologise. Finding extreme obeseity pretty minging doesn't make me a nazi.

On your other point - yeah we spoke before and you also seem like a decent bloke....we just don't share the same opinions on this issue - all gravy.

What about fatties who get hand outs?

If smokers pay tax on their fags - sure you can't calculate exactly what goes where; but they are still paying extra tax towards the NHS, which fatties don't.

Smokers are treated like social piriahs, but to be really obese is becoming the norm and increasingly acceptable.

Fat people (that don't have a medical reason to be fat) have just as much choice to be fat as smokers; but smoking is more addicitive than macdonalds!!

And Phil, its not fair to say all my posts have been shite, I think my disagreement on the evoloution topic was well put...

I'm not saying that fat people don't get hand outs etc, your point about smokers paying for it while fat people don't was made in such a fashion that you seemed to be saying EVERY smoker is paying tax for their habit ergo paying for the NHS treatment which is blatantly pish.

Personally I feel more strongly about smoking as fat people don't trail horrible smelling clouds of smoke behind them so affecting anyone behind them. Even the worst BO doesn't have the ability to be smelt in the open at any distance.

But let's be honest here, is it really the fact that they are fat that means they stink etc? Chances are that those who tend to be fatter and have odour issues are just lazy in many aspects of life and personal hygiene would not be top of their list even if skinny. I've been stuck on public transport next to skinny people who smell repulsive while being next to fat people who smelt quite pleasant.

you seemed to be saying EVERY smoker is paying tax for their habit ergo paying for the NHS treatment which is blatantly pish.

Unless folk get all of their fags from duty free they are paying tax. Tobacco Duty tax is huge. For example, I seem to remember that last time I was in a duty free and had a look at the price's, 1000 Marlboro Red was 90 quid or so, that's about 2 pounds per pack of 20.

At my work, granted it's a petrol station so probably a bit more expensive, you are 6.02 for 20 Marlboro Red. I don't know what prices are like elsewhere, I'm not a smoker. But even taking into account the discount for buying 50 packs at once, that still leaves around 2-3 pounds per pack of cigarettes as pure tax.

So yeah, smokers pay tax regardless of whether it is income tax or national insurance.

I think the point Ben is trying to make is that they pay in tax for the specific habit of theirs which will probably cost the NHS money in treating them in future. Obese people merely pay the same taxes as non-obese people yet could well cost the NHS far more.

Not ALL fat people are going to need NHS treatment though. And non-fat people may still get cancer, heart disease or even a stroke. Hell, they may even get addicted to painkillers and keep OD'ing. The crowds of junkies outside the Tillydrone pharmacy waiting for their Methodone sure as hell ain't chubbers.

Like, McDonald's and shit have higher tax than Bran Flakes or something?

Yes, but you don't get 2 taxed on a happy meal. The idea of taxing ready meals, snacks and fastfood as much as tobacco and alcohol may seem compelling but it's already terribly complex with the VAT exclusive system we already have.

The crowds of junkies outside the Tillydrone pharmacy waiting for their Methodone sure as hell ain't chubbers.

Yet to see an overweight meff-head. Shows what smacking yourself off does to you, the amount of sugar these folk chug down themselves is unreal.

Skinny folk walking very quickly, gesticulating wildly and shouting instead of talking in a normal tone of voice. Guzzling Yazoo milk/Mars Bar drink with Staffie dog in tow. Spot the junkie.

:down:

Yet to see an overweight meff-head. Shows what smacking yourself off does to you, the amount of sugar these folk chug down themselves is unreal.

Skinny folk walking very quickly, gesticulating wildly and shouting instead of talking in a normal tone of voice. Guzzling Yazoo milk/Mars Bar drink with Staffie dog in tow. Spot the junkie.

:down:

An accurate description..:up: