aberdeen-music

Guilty Pleasures...

DJ Jo-D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a stickler for almost any old gash shown on Zone Horror. Stingray & Thunderbirds on the SciFi channel. How it works / How it's made. Banzai gambling show. Would babecast count? Obscure documentaries on remote wildlife & landscapes...

Honorable mention to Cribs & 'The Fabulous Life Of' shows, which I try to avoid, but once you see one you can't help but stare on - even though every episode's the exact same:

"Look at this massive $4,000 beach house... but that's nothing compared to her $40,000 pad... and that's nothing compared to her $400,000 hollywood mansion... which is nothing compared to her $4,000,000 private jet. (in the most ridiculous voice ever)

People have mentioned stuff here that I just watch normally and wouldn't consider a guilty pleasure...

90210, One Tree Hill, The OC, Gilmore Girls... There's a bit of a theme.

Yeah but the people that are guilty about them are guys. That's the difference.

Saturday Kitchen

Take on the Takeaway

Take on the takeaway - or how to cook for chavs.

Saturday Kitchen is great. I'm a sucker for any cooking program though, except 2 fat ladies.

Something For The Weekend, Masterchef, Celebrity Masterchef, Great British Menu, Professional Masterchef. Hell I even sat through James Martin's Yorkshire Treats or something the other day.

Take on the takeaway - or how to cook for chavs.

Saturday Kitchen is great. I'm a sucker for any cooking program though, except 2 fat ladies.

Something For The Weekend, Masterchef, Celebrity Masterchef, Great British Menu, Professional Masterchef. Hell I even sat through James Martin's Yorkshire Treats or something the other day.

Me too man, I love cooking programs, I'll watch any of them. I especially love The F Word, and Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. Gordon Ramsay is an actual legend.

I seem to end up sitting through lots of cookery type shows as well as Mrs Norsie likes them and I usually end up enjoying them, especially kitchen nightmares. Bizarelly watching masterchef is how the other half got back in touch with a long lost friend as she ended up in the quarter finals of the show.

I have also seen most of the live Kylie DVD's and I really enjoyed live gigs from Pink and Mel C. One of my most watched music videos's is also My Chemical Romances - The Black Parade.

Pretty much any sci-fi show, old or new (Babylon 5, Trek ect) though I'm not guilty about them...

I'll happily watch hours of comic-based cartoons (old and new). God bless marvel.com for streaming the '67 Spider-man series, the Nineties X-Men and X-Men: Evolution. My favourite is the Sixties Submariner show (part of their Marvel Superheroes series that also featured Cpt America, Iron-Man, Hulk and Thor)

Oh, and Big Brother...

People must have some, are you brave enough to say?

Either TV programes, films or actors/actresses?

Actors : Sam Elloit (ok old but nae bad for a pensioner! haha), Adrian Brodie and John Francis Dailey (Geek)

Films.....hmmm gonna have to have a think about this one

Sam Elliot is yummy for his age! He's gotten better looking with age, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I have a soft spot for The Hills, it's amazing how ditzy they all are yet manage to not kill themselves while playing with all the coathangers when hanging pretty clothes...

I loved Monk, though it hasn't been on in ages. It filled in the usual Diagnosis Murder/Murder She Wrote daytime slot for murders-being-solved-by-people-who-aren't-actually-the-police. In this case it was an ex-cop played by Tony Shalloub who has OCD. Korn once made a cameo in it. Amazing.

I also miss ABC1, in particular 8 Simple Rules and Hope and Faith. They were complete guff, but I'm pretty sure I ended up seeing every episode several times.

And the Men in Black films. Or pretty much anything with Will Smith.

Saturday Kitchen

ACE!
Me too man, I love cooking programs, I'll watch any of them. I especially love The F Word, and Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. Gordon Ramsay is an actual legend.
I am too, can sit and watch them all day......even a spot of Ready Steady Cook altho it was much better when Fern was there.....oh thats another one Phil Vickery is pretty yummy and can cook!
Sam Elliot is yummy for his age! He's gotten better looking with age, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Yeah first caught my eye in Mask with Cher....nice smile :)

X Factor is one of mine...I don't even like the music but love the show!

Spongebob...I love him and the cartoon so funny - I erm borrowed my youngest niece's boxset and havent given them back yet whoopsy!!! so disappointed the stageshow musical was cancelled :(

Films with dancing in them...no matter how cr@ppy the storyline...quite like a danceoff!