aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

You should just go down to Inverdee and choose from any number of games of a similar standard for free!

A rather aggravated McGhee interview:

BBC Sport - Tetchy McGhee defends position

Sounds like he walked away at the end? This whole "my record as a manager is excellent" argument does him no favours in my book. Prove it ye arrogant cunt.

Ha, I quite often watch my wee brother's team on Saturday; he plays for Colony Park U16's. I'd say they were a similar standard but that would be an insult to them!

McGhee doesn't come across well at all there, it does indeed sound like he walked away at the end. What was the name of the chap who came on up front in the second half for Aberdeen? He was a yard behind the pace of the game the whole time, absolute rubbish.

Ah well, that's us relegated :down:

I thought getting thumped 4-1 at home by Airdrie was the season low, and then the absolute joke that was the 7-0 mauling by Caley took the fucking biscuit.

It's hard to know who/what to blame really. I know some Ayr fans are calling for Brian Reid's head but at the end of the day he did manage to get us promoted last season in a really tough second division group.

I think the most frustrating thing is we could have still stayed up despite getting completely outclassed by Airdrie and ICT in consecutive games and just threw it away. Nice to see a lot of goodwill towards Ayr from the Morton fans on the Pie and Bovril forums, a lot of them saying we were very unlucky and had the run of the match.

do you go to games much?

Could be a good day today, but could also be disaster. Need to beat Palace or we're down. They can afford a draw, but we can't. It's on BBC1 today, if anyone wants to be an Owl for the afternoon. G'wan!

I reckon the Premier League will be won and lost today too. Can't see either United or Chelsea losing their last games next week, as both Stoke and Wigan are poor away from home. I'd rather nobody won it than Chelsea though. John Terry is possibly the man most undeserved of success on the planet, the twatty bigot.

Could be a good day today, but could also be disaster. Need to beat Palace or we're down. They can afford a draw, but we can't. It's on BBC1 today, if anyone wants to be an Owl for the afternoon. G'wan!

I reckon the Premier League will be won and lost today too. Can't see either United or Chelsea losing their last games next week, as both Stoke and Wigan are poor away from home. I'd rather nobody won it than Chelsea though. John Terry is possibly the man most undeserved of success on the planet, the twatty bigot.

I'll be watching in the memory of Steve Watson, Pavel Srnicek, and any other Geordie Owls. I'd like Palace to go down purely because Colin Wanker used to manage them and Simon Jordan used to be their chairman. I know neither of them are there any more, but fuck those guys.

I know big sam isn't the most popular manager on these boards but he's gone up in my estimation

ALLARDYCE BACKS PLAN TO HELP SMALLER CLUBS | News Of The World

good to luck to wednesday this afternoon, still not forgiven palace for dumping us out the FA Cup in 1990! bitterness festers a long time in football!

Allardyce will always be an idiot.

Sam Allardyce: 39th game 'absolute must' for Premier League - Barclays Premier League - ESPN Soccernet

Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer; I'm not an Aberdeen fan! My friend (who is not an Aberdeen fan either) texted me last night asking if I fancied going, mainly just out of curiosity and partially for just wanting to see a game of football!

At least you now know that is the worst reason ever to go and see Aberdeen. Best reason nowadays being that you have wangled a corporate freebie with gratis beer and food.

You should just go down to Inverdee and choose from any number of games of a similar standard for free!

Sounds like he walked away at the end? This whole "my record as a manager is excellent" argument does him no favours in my book. Prove it ye arrogant cunt.

I don't understand that. Surely his record as a manager at previous clubs is irrelevant? I'm pretty sure Dons fans don't care that he was reasonably successful with Motherwell. The more pressing concern is that he's doing pretty terribly with Aberdeen.

Also, someone should probably point out he's the manager, and he's expected to work with the squad he has to try and improve performances. He keeps saying 'wait until next season', which I think would irritate me if I was one of the fans who had kept turning up over the past few months to watch turgid pish. It's ultimately his fault that he hasn't managed to better organise the team in the time he's been there. Poor.

Anyone watching the Palace game? The Weds keeper just took a proper kick to the face.

It was disgraceful. Head high kick, and Lee Grant isn't little. Derry put his elbow through the heads of O'Connor and Potter as well, yet both stayed on the pitch. It kept putting us down to 10 men too, one of those occasions was when they scored. I'm not usually one for complaining about refereeing, but Mike Dean was shite all day long. Should have had two free kicks right on the edge of the area. One of those was arguably a penalty.

I highly doubt we'll bounce back in a hurry. I'll be surprised if we don't lose Johnson, Grant and Tudgay. Varney will go back to Derby, even though he's been our best attacking player by quite some way this year.

Just not good enough. It was a summing up of our season. There was not a single spell in the game when we played the ball to feet and tried to pull Palace players out of position to open them up. It was simply a centre back hoofing it forward, to no one who can hold the ball up anyway.

Grim. Get fucked.

saw the last half hour of the palace wednesday game at me mums after scrounging sunday lunch, it was pretty exciting stuff, even mum - a known football loather - got into it although i had to explain to her there would be no extra time if it stayed a draw which she didnt entirely grasp!

my commisorations to wednesday when you sneaked that equalizer i really thought you might sneak one.. best start planning those trips to the kind of football outposts I dream of such as Walsall, Rochdale, Notts County and Colchester... oh and participation in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy! I'm sure you'll bounce back.

the hilarious musings of a Grimsby Town fan who are threatened with releagation to the Blue Square Premier, made me chuckle poor bastard know how he feels, at least when we got relegated we did it with three games to go but they might still miraculously escape the drop at the expense of Barnet or Cheltenham.

Grimsby Town Forum - World, fck off

that was pretty much me yesterday and for much of this season.

Dejected, gut wrenched, flat, angry, frustrated, embarrassed, inconsolable, drunk: that summed up my day, I was emotionally wrecked by the end of the match yesterday and was generally no fun to be around. The bus home was fucking brutal too, 30 odd of us just absolutely scunnered with the worst season that the club have had for 60 years. The players should be thoroughly embarrased with themselves but it would appear that they couldn't give a flying fuck

I think we can all relate with that guy and his Man Utd "supporting" mates

But being realistic, how does he prove it?

The squad is tiny and the players are horrendous, almost all of whom have been inherited. OK, he signed McLean who hasn't been banging them in, but is that because he's been a bad signing, or because our useless midfield has no concept of how to attack and create chances? Personally, I favour the latter.

The gutless streak in the Dons has been there for years and years, so he needs to be given a chance to do the rebuilding job that obviously needs done. The constant media-driven implication that his job should be under threat, and that the lack of effort is his fault is as tired as it is incorrect.

I think it's a shame that the strain is showing, but I can't say I'm surprised. I think the pressure and abuse being heaped on him is hugely unfair. If anyone thinks another manager could do miles better with this squad, they're kidding themselves.

• Upvote 1

McGhee is a balloon.

Along with the entire aquad.

Bin the lot of them.

Aberdeen need to get 3 or 4 TOP quality players in or it's more of the same next season.

Signing 10 average players will do us no good.

We need quality that will bring out the best in the youngsters and help them develop.

A complete shambles of a club right now.

that was pretty much me yesterday and for much of this season.

Dejected, gut wrenched, flat, angry, frustrated, embarrassed, inconsolable, drunk: that summed up my day, I was emotionally wrecked by the end of the match yesterday and was generally no fun to be around. The bus home was fucking brutal too, 30 odd of us just absolutely scunnered with the worst season that the club have had for 60 years. The players should be thoroughly embarrased with themselves but it would appear that they couldn't give a flying fuck

I think we can all relate with that guy and his Man Utd "supporting" mates

I wish you all the best for next seeason, look on the brightside, surely it can't be any worse? Oh hang on this is toilet level football we're talking about here!

Thistle actually scored yesterday! Took 95 minutes, mind you.

Next season looks very grim: Tuffey is on his way (come back King Kenny?), I would not be too surprised if Buchanan goes at the first hint of decent money being thrown at us, and there might be a couple of the better players like Rowser who might not fancy another season at this level.

Heaps of deadwood for Jobby to clear out too: I still think he's the right man for the job, but if next season starts apocalyptically badly, then he'll probably have to take the bullet, such is football.

Looking forward to the off-season for a change.....

But being realistic, how does he prove it?

The squad is tiny and the players are horrendous, almost all of whom have been inherited. OK, he signed McLean who hasn't been banging them in, but is that because he's been a bad signing, or because our useless midfield has no concept of how to attack and create chances? Personally, I favour the latter.

The gutless streak in the Dons has been there for years and years, so he needs to be given a chance to do the rebuilding job that obviously needs done. The constant media-driven implication that his job should be under threat, and that the lack of effort is his fault is as tired as it is incorrect.

I think it's a shame that the strain is showing, but I can't say I'm surprised. I think the pressure and abuse being heaped on him is hugely unfair. If anyone thinks another manager could do miles better with this squad, they're kidding themselves.

He proves it by putting out a team capable of beating teams with either similar or less resources than us. I sympathise with him given the squad he inherited and our financial inability to get players in to improve it but even so we shouldn't be humped by Hamilton at home. I would expect Langfield, Mulgrew, Diamond, Foster, MacLean and Aluko to walk into Hamilton's first team and also that they would be top earners there if earning what they do currently. While the players must take a lot of the blame the problem seems to either tactical or motivational which is the responsibility of the management team. I don't want to hear about his previous managerial exploits which aren't actually amazing enough to use as a defence. I want to see a team that isn't a toothless embarrassment. Speculation about the safety of his job may be crossing the line and he can be upset about that but there is no defence for a result and performance of that manner of which there has been too many to count this season. He should be holding his hands up after that and apologising to the fans for letting them down again, not banging on about resources (we know!) and his glowing track record in previous employment as a manager and a player (which is entirely irrelevant).

For the record, I want him to stay and see what he can do having had a year to assess what we have and what we need. He's got a hell of a task on his hands. I just don't like his defensive and arrogant attitude to valid questions that everybody wants to ask.

In other news, I see Kevin Kyle has talked about moving to the Dons. That would be a start.

Guest idol_wild
Aberdeen need to get 3 or 4 TOP quality players in or it's more of the same next season

Who would be your realistic TOP quality players for Aberdeen to sign, like? I hear Messi and Rooney have expressed an interest...

Given the squad Aberdeen have, I'd say their current league position is almost perfectly representative of where the club are at just now.

Aberdeen are an extremely average SPL club - not only in terms of playing and coaching staff, but also in terms of the size of the club and the attendances it generates, and it always will be. They punched their weight this season, and why nobody can recognise that is beyond me.

Who would be your realistic TOP quality players for Aberdeen to sign, like? I hear Messi and Rooney have expressed an interest...

Given the squad Aberdeen have, I'd say their current league position is almost perfectly representative of where the club are at just now.

Aberdeen are an extremely average SPL club - not only in terms of playing and coaching staff, but also in terms of the size of the club and the attendances it generates, and it always will be. They punched their weight this season, and why nobody can recognise that is beyond me.

i think most of us recognise it but it doesn't stop it being deeply disappointing. it's natural to want your team to succeed and have as good a team as possible, plus the players we have just now are a bunch of overpaid charlatans. word is mulgrew told a fan he doesn't give a fuck about aberdeen, what a fucking prick. average team or not, they've been fucking abysmal this season while picking up a sensational amount of money compared to most of the people who go to see them being abysmal, to then turn around to a fan, who spends his hard earned money every week watching them pretend to be professional footballers, and say he doesn't give a fuck is outrageous. he was also coming out of burger king at the time, alongside other afc players. says a lot about the professionalism of scottish footballers really.