aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Not when I went on it yesterday it wasn't. It was called the Huddle or something like that. Or maybe that was just a picture hosted on a Rangers forum....

Aye, it was a massive jpg of a thread from a sellick board, the only place they guy who gave me the link could find it full size was on some hun site.

I'll see if I can dig it out from somewhere...

So after previously complaining in this thread about the lack of charcter in the Dons team we come from behind three times against Celtic. Some shoddy defending from both teams at times but plenty of effort going forwards. Thought we had some great success down the wings with Mackie, Foster, Paton and Paterson all getting in behind the full backs on a number of occasions. Shame Aluko wasn't on his game as he could have had the right back in knots.

Keane only played in flashes and looks like he is going to get some close attention from defenders until the end of the season. Can't deny his class mind you as his pass for the second goal was outstanding. Wasn't surprised to see Zander putting him in the air early on either!

Spurs game has been a treat. Bolton are playing attractive football under coyle which is something I never thought i'd say. Elmander is underrated, doesn't score, ever, but works like a horse. Him and heskey up front would be funny. They'd just shield the ball for 90 minutes in an impenetrable huddle.

Haha, that's awesome.

I hate Celtic. Unwashed minks. Great to see their mob of scum trooping out of todders.

Aberdeen deserved at least a draw yesterday.

Could have had 3 pens on another day. Referee had some shocking decisions.

Best game i've seen in a very long time however, must have been great viewing on the tv.

Darren Mackie for prime minister.

I wanted Hibs to win today. They are closing in on 2nd, with Celtic doing so shite. I'd like to see another team come in 2nd, and Hibs look like the only team who have any chance of doing so. Zemmama was awesome today. He has mad skills, but lacks the acceleration over the first few yards.

They still looked in the game at 1-0 down, but the penalty destroyed them. It didn't look like a penalty. Miller saw a bit of a cocked leg, and went over. Thicot should have left him to it. There was no way Miller was getting to the ball he knocked on. Ah well.

cracking game between palace and villa this afternoon, have to feel some sympathy with old big mouth warnock as it was never a corner that led to the villa equalizer. nice to see teams taking the domestic cups seriously for a change, there's been some corking cup ties on the telly (not sure if your getting them in scotland mind!)

I wanted Hibs to win today. They are closing in on 2nd, with Celtic doing so shite. I'd like to see another team come in 2nd, and Hibs look like the only team who have any chance of doing so. Zemmama was awesome today. He has mad skills, but lacks the acceleration over the first few yards.

They still looked in the game at 1-0 down, but the penalty destroyed them. It didn't look like a penalty. Miller saw a bit of a cocked leg, and went over. Thicot should have left him to it. There was no way Miller was getting to the ball he knocked on. Ah well.

It was a really good game to be at. Think it's the best I've been to this season where the other team set up to attack.

Some of Hibs passing play is lovely to watch.

I haven't seen the penalty again, but obviously from where I was sitting and on one viewing it looked like one. If Hibs can continue with some consistency then they really could push Celtic (unless we lose lots of points and Celtic win the league).

Yeah, Villa game was awesome. I proper like Warnock, even though he's a Blade, and he's a gobby cunt. I don't know why I like him, but I do. Their freekick which put them 2-1 up was superb. Big Brad should have done better though.

I like Warnock as well, apparently he's a qualified ref! He's always entertaining I find and like a lot of yorkshiremen calls a spade a spade.

completely unrelated but this is a great clip of a half time team talk by john sitton in the mid 90's, he sacks a player!!!

YouTube - John Sitton sacks player and offers out two more

When Warnock is away from the side of the pitch or the post match interviews, he has a sterling personality. A very genuine guy and a very charming sense of humour. He doesn't come across too business-as-usual like most managers.

He's an all round passionate manager, and you can't fault that, even if he does get on your wick.

Him and Chris Kamara are the only Blades I am big fans of. Kammy is superb.

they did a nice little pre match article on warnock and he came across really well. passionate managers often irritate a lot of people and they dont come much more passionate than warnock. although he ranted about the whole west ham tevez fiasco that saw sheff utd relegated a wee bit too much but again it was his passion ranting. i much prefer warnock to the dull foreign managers who bore you to death in their post match interviews. i mean who would you rather go out on the lash with - neil warnock or arsne wenger?

I was gonna post about that Warnock pre-amble earlier. For ITV it was fucking ace. In fact, the commentary today was good too. Really unbiased and fair, as in everyone who played well got their props. ITV... if you're reading I forgive you for Wild at Heart now.

Crystal palace have some skillful players, first time i;ve seen them this season.