aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Lot's of good points raised here. That isn't what I'd call being a team-mate or a role model.

I reckon it was an easy decision for Capello though, I bet kicking him out the squad barely crossed his mind. Expectations are going to be rampant in England around the World Cup and if he is going to have any chance of winning then he needs his best players, Terry included. Another centre half would be a compromise. Making an example by stripping him of the captaincy shows he's reacted but ensures the chances in South Africa are as high as ever. Still a wankstain though.

Next England captain? Surely not Gerrard after his DJ bashing. Rooney, Ferdinand or Lampard?

It's Rio, aparrently.

His actions actually do have a lot to do with football I'd say. Okay Wayne Bridge isn't a first team regular (or is he these days?), but he's picked semi-regularly and would be seen as part of the squad.

What does this sort of shit do for team spirit? I'd drop John Terry from the squad right now. England have the centre halves to cope with his absence, and make him work his way back into the squad.

They're supposed to be a "team" - what kind of team member shags his team mate's bird? Not a very good team member in my book.

John Terry thinks he's above the law - he's a total dick with absolute zero morals. Another reason he should be dropped from the England squad - he's a "role model" for kids and all that stuff.

I think this would be massively different if he'd just knobbed some random's bird (not that it would make it better) because it wouldn't contribute to any disharmony in the squad, but not only is Bridge a squad member, but he'll have a lot of mates in the squad as well - how could they look up to a captain who's done that to their mate (who happens to be the captain's best mate)?

Oh, I definitely agree. In the grand scheme of things, I don't think it would affect England if he continued as captain, but his actions will obviously dampen the respect a captain should command.

I agree he should be dropped. I'd like to see Capello do that, just to prove that no one is invincible. It keeps a certain sharpness about the behaviour of the team, which I really think has boosted the confidence and professionalism since Capello came in.

Bridge won't ever be picked over Ashley Cole, but he's probably second in the pecking order, and he's still a part of the squad. I hope Bridge plays when City play Chelsea next. I Terry plods up for a corner, and Bridge goes right through the back of him.

It's quite sad reading that they used to be best friends. Terry is a chump. He's never been worthy of being the captain of any side. Shit bastard.

Hats off to Capello, the guy will take no shit and its the right decision to strip Terry of the role. You can bet your bottom dollar Swedish Sven or Dutch Steve would have never done that in a million years. Todays top footballers are a bunch of overpaid prima donnas who think theyre above the law. They are role models for the kids of today and need to behave accordingly. I fucking hate John Terry, he's a cock, I hope he never plays for England again.

Lot's of good points raised here. That isn't what I'd call being a team-mate or a role model.

I reckon it was an easy decision for Capello though, I bet kicking him out the squad barely crossed his mind. Expectations are going to be rampant in England around the World Cup and if he is going to have any chance of winning then he needs his best players, Terry included. Another centre half would be a compromise. Making an example by stripping him of the captaincy shows he's reacted but ensures the chances in South Africa are as high as ever. Still a wankstain though.

Next England captain? Surely not Gerrard after his DJ bashing. Rooney, Ferdinand or Lampard?

Lampard, despite his extremely easily dislikable stature, he's an exemplary professional. He'd be a good shout. Rooney has certainly disciplined his game a remarkable amount this season, but it's a burden he could do without, I feel.

Ferdinand is a cokehead gangster. Fuck that guy.

we are going to get torn a new one by hibs tomorrow. look out for my gob on the telly. YAS

some cock of a dj on radio one was talking about rooting for montrose against hibs this weekend, trying to drum up support for youse though they seemed to find great amusement from saying 'the gable enders'. think it was george lamb. he's a cock.

Lampard, despite his extremely easily dislikable stature, he's an exemplary professional. He'd be a good shout. Rooney has certainly disciplined his game a remarkable amount this season, but it's a burden he could do without, I feel.

Ferdinand is a cokehead gangster. Fuck that guy.

Agree on Lampard. Always puzzles me when people tar him with the same brush as Terry; he's a model professional who comes across incredibly well in interviews and never seems to be in the papers for the wrong reasons. You heard this badboy before?

BBC NEWS | UK | Angry Frank Lampard calls radio DJ

Top stuff. Makes the host look like an absolute fool. Soopa Fwank.

Giving Rio the captaincy seems quite odd on-paper, given his own misdemeanours and the fact that he's only played a handful of games this season. Fantastic player, though, so hopefully he can get back to his best ahead of the World Cup.

I think this is the right decision. Regardless of the moral implications of what Terry did, it's obviously caused quite a split in the dressing room. I don't think that Fabio would've axed him as captain if it hadn't. You can't have a guy who half (or more) of the team have pissed-off with leading the team into a major tournament, morale would go down the shitter. I'm glad Terry hasn't been axed completely from the squad, though; none of England's deputies are anywhere near his level of ability, and I think Fabio realises that.

Arse. Arse and balls.

A positive for Citeh is that Johnson looked the part. Those crosses that go dangerously close to the keeper were constant throughout. Adebayor was rarely in the right position to nod one in though, the lazy chump.

Oh, and Arsenal were poor today. They picked it up in the second half, but their groundwork is stifled against good teams. It's all well and good knocking it about on the edge of the final third, but every pass beyond that was cut out with ease.

Nasri is shite too. Arshavin looks fed up, like he wants to play for a team that always wins, but doesn't want to put in the legwork to pull a team out of a rut. There's only Song, Fabregas and the two centre backs who look like putting in a shift.