aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

His agent reckons us, WBA, and Forest are the only three clubs who've actually made a bid for him. Of course, we'll be fucked if a Premiership/foreign club comes in, but he'd be a fantastic signing. It's been years since we've signed a genuinely exciting British (I know he's of Nigerian descent) youngster, so hopefully it comes off.

Fat Mike and Hughton have actually done a pretty decent job in this window. We've looked at the areas of the squad that need to be strengthed and shored them up nicely. If I'm being a greedy bastard, I'd quite like another central midfielder as Nolan has looked like a liability since the goals have dried-up, but fuck it. We're in good shape now and, barring a major fuck-up, should be back in the Prem next season.

Though if there is any team that could spectacularly fuck it up...

Wednesday takeover talks are back on with Club9 (a bunch of yanks, but not poor yanks like the Glazers). They won't dump a shed of shit on our shoulders because they won't need to borrow to buy. Their investment will see half the debt written off, and the other half managed over a 3 year plan. Their overall perspective is 5 year plan in which to push for and gain promotion by basiclly giving the manager some bastard money to spend on players who aren't shite. (That's right, Darren Purse. You were a desperation buy. You're ruddy crap).

It sounds too good to be true, which probably means that it is, but an actual gameplan has never been mentioned before, so we're possibly getting closer. They mentioned they admire the rich history of the club... I guess we won the FA Cup in the 1930's. And we told Sir Alex to fuck off when he tried to pinch Mark Bright. Pleasing stuff.

Wednesday takeover talks are back on with Club9 (a bunch of yanks, but not poor yanks like the Glazers). They won't dump a shed of shit on our shoulders because they won't need to borrow to buy. Their investment will see half the debt written off, and the other half managed over a 3 year plan. Their overall perspective is 5 year plan in which to push for and gain promotion by basiclly giving the manager some bastard money to spend on players who aren't shite. (That's right, Darren Purse. You were a desperation buy. You're ruddy crap).

It sounds too good to be true, which probably means that it is, but an actual gameplan has never been mentioned before, so we're possibly getting closer. They mentioned they admire the rich history of the club... I guess we won the FA Cup in the 1930's. And we told Sir Alex to fuck off when he tried to pinch Mark Bright. Pleasing stuff.

They were big fans of David Hirst and Chris Bart-Williams, that's what tipped the balance.

Gary O'Neil was great at Portsmouth but it took him a long time to settle at 'boro and he didn't perform to the standard he'd set at Portsmouth in his first season here. Still, once he did settle he became one of our most consistent players and I was pleasantly surprised when he decided not to look for a move away in the summer. It'll be a shame to let him go but I suppose one of the ex-Celtic boys will fill in for him.

Good. Every time I hear his name on the radio I start singing "Mr Loverman" by Shabba Ranks. Maybe they can get a manager with a less stupid name now.

Seriously though, saw it coming. His rants on the radio recently have been absolutely mental, especially the ones about the lack of funds, and he sounded totally beleaguared and defeated, something had to give sooner or later. Just another day at Hearts, who are the laughing stock of Scottish football.

Leicester away today. 40 year old Chris Powell is set to start at LB for them today - I fancy Routledge to tear the old bugger a new one. Shame Simpson's injured, otherwise we'd really cut them to pieces. A tough away day for us especially with our best player (Enrique) injured, so Hughton will probably go with his 4-5-1 with Wayne/Smith/Guthrie/Jonas across the middle, and Nolan in the hole. Nolan should really be dropped for a few games, just to get his shit together. He's been an absolute passenger lately and he's one of the most unfit professional footballers I've ever seen.

On Sky at 17:20, just as I come in from work. Lovely stuff.

Don't fancy the trip to Inverness in this weather (just going for a pint of milk on the pavements round here was enough of a death trap), so going to make a far shorter trek down the road and watch the frankly COLOSSAL* Brechin vs Stenny encounter at the Glebe if it passes the pitch inspection.

* aye, right.