aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Away fans in louder than severely depressed home fans shocker. The United fans were unusually loud today though, in fairness.

It was fairly predictable that United would cope with the conditions far better than our team of lightweights, bottlers and children.

Mark Kerr can fuck off just as soon as he likes.

Totally soaked through yesterday at Spain Park. Good result for the Mo though there wasn't much football on display! Happily take the 2-2 draw against County, but it looks like Jocky Fritzl's mercs are away to put the hammer down..... :down:

I'm still hoping that Griffiths and Harkins get injured for a lengthy period of time. Without them they are nothing...

Really hope they don't get ex-ICT star Pavels in January. He'll shore up their defence by 78%

Fuck off to Arab-music.com the pair of ye!

Glad I didn't go today. Should we worry for our top 6 credentials this year?

Nah, I think we'll be fine. Not 'cause we're any good but just becauseits very difficult to see any of last year's bottom six challenging for the top six places over the course of a season.

I have a feeling Cambridge might have a good cup run this season but be mid table fodder in the league, 3-1 up away at Lincoln United in the 4th Qualifying Round of the FA Cup with 15 mins to go and a home tie against Blue Square North side Ilkeston Town to come if we win. It will lift the spirits given our dodgy league form!

Yesterdays derby wasn't the all-out-classic I was expecting. Good display from Liverpool no less. The link between Benayoun, Kuyt and Torres was superb. If it wasn't for Vidic and Van Der Sar, they could have buried 4 or 5. Despite getting sent off, Vidic was incredible. It was only a matter of time before Mascherano saw red, but how did Lucas not even see yellow? He should have had enough yellow cards to keep him out til next season. He's also shit at football.

Should have brought off Roney for Owen, not Berbatov. Berbatov was United's only creative outlet. Rooney isn't a good player when he's on the losing side. He gets too impatient.

Wednesday got thumped 4-1 on Friday night against Watford. It was on telly and everything. That's an hour and a half I'm not getting back. We are terrible at the back. Purse is wank. Beevers needs time, but he also needs to sharpen up quick! Jermaine Johnson is like an English Nani. Cross it now, you fucking knob! We keep bringing off Gray when he's the only lad who can cross properly. Terrible. We keep saying Playoffs are the aim, but with every game, avoiding relegation is looking much more likely. Especially when we start getting injuries, which will happen.

Guest Gladstone
Rangers are apparently facing administration. This could be huge!

For all I hate Rangers, I couldn't live without them. We need an enemy. I can't believe they're in this dire a financial situation.

They're trying to play it down, but I honestly think they are completely ruined. (By "completely ruined" I mean as one of the two leading forces in Scottish football - they'll have to get rid of and will get rid of a load of players in the next season or so, and for the next few years will be paying off their debts, and won't be up challenging for the SPL title.)

9 in a row has came at a massive cost.

Guest Gladstone
David Murray will save them before it gets to that.

Murray is already (apparently) furnishing about 70m debt for Rangers (I read this on a message board, so absolutely no idea how much truth it holds) - 30/35m debt on Rangers' books and the same again hidden in his other companies (presumably through some sort of intra-company loans), which he may require to be paid off by any would be purchaser. Meaning buying Rangers will cost about 70m plus any purchase price.

Like I say - that's all the hearsay of messageboards so could all be bollocks. But I've heard the 70m figure for years now.

Maybe even Murray is sick of Rangers like the rest of us...

Yesterdays derby wasn't the all-out-classic I was expecting. Good display from Liverpool no less. The link between Benayoun, Kuyt and Torres was superb. If it wasn't for Vidic and Van Der Sar, they could have buried 4 or 5. Despite getting sent off, Vidic was incredible. It was only a matter of time before Mascherano saw red, but how did Lucas not even see yellow? He should have had enough yellow cards to keep him out til next season. He's also shit at football.

Should have brought off Roney for Owen, not Berbatov. Berbatov was United's only creative outlet. Rooney isn't a good player when he's on the losing side. He gets too impatient.

Liverpool did the job. It's been a while since there's been a big 4 classic, they tend to cancel each other out and are too scared to really attack. Van der Sar continues to amaze me, he's such a dependable rock at the back. I thought Lucas put in a good shift. He looks like a confidence player so maybe he'll come good. Ngog can still get to fuck... he looked far too surprised to have scored for a prem striker, I swear he's pub league calibre.

Agree with your view on the sub. Owen is the perfect player to latch onto a Berba flick/thru ball. Rooney, as he always does when they are up against it, was dropping back far too much trying to do everything at once. He would have thrown a tantrum had he been subbed tho and caused a SAF headache whereas Berbatov probably just sauntered off and out the back for a fag and a yawn.

Its shaping up to be an ace season. Been competitive enough to make it tight at the top yet there has still been the odd steam rolling to make it interesting. Signing of the season has been Vermaelen for me. Played every minute and scored 4 goals, he's ace going forward for a big lump of a man.

Rangers are apparently facing administration. This could be huge!

For all I hate Rangers, I couldn't live without them. We need an enemy. I can't believe they're in this dire a financial situation.

This is going to be disasterous for Rangers. While I don't think it will go as far as administration there doesn't seem to be many avenues out of this one. There won't be any signings (of any quality at least) in the next transfer window and any offers will be accepted. But even then there is only really Bougherra, Boyd and McGregor that will attract any decent offers so probably not enough to keep the bank happy. I think they can only hope for a die hard fan with some cash to make an offer for the club but who wants to buy a Scottish football team in the current economic climate?!

Guest Gladstone
This is going to be disasterous for Rangers. While I don't think it will go as far as administration there doesn't seem to be many avenues out of this one. There won't be any signings (of any quality at least) in the next transfer window and any offers will be accepted. But even then there is only really Bougherra, Boyd and McGregor that will attract any decent offers so probably not enough to keep the bank happy. I think they can only hope for a die hard fan with some cash to make an offer for the club but who wants to buy a Scottish football team in the current economic climate?!

Offers for players will be lower due to teams knowing they'll be able to get more for their cash with the bank so heavily involved. Those 3 players probably wouldn't even get Rangers 10m combined now. I think you can add Davis and Mendez to the list - both good players, but I can't see anyone offering more than 3m for any of the above players.

They might have got slightly more for them, but any bargaining power they had has been severely weakened.

Rangers won't go into administration as they have enough assets to keep them afloat, but how far this will go who knows.

Selling all their best players? Strong possibility. Which in the long run, may not be a terrible thing - young blood will have to be given a chance. Could be prosperous for up and coming Scottish youngsters.

Period of uncertainty/transition? Definitely. Can't see Rangers winning much if anything in the coming 2 or 3 season (possibly longer). Which again, could lead to better things. Gives other clubs in Scotland the chance of trophies and European football.

Selling Ibrox??? It might just come to this if the figures from my earlier post are to be believed. That would be unbelievable if it came to that.

All in all, so long as Rangers don't disappear, I think this will be good for Scottish football.