aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

This is going to be disasterous for Rangers. While I don't think it will go as far as administration there doesn't seem to be many avenues out of this one. There won't be any signings (of any quality at least) in the next transfer window and any offers will be accepted. But even then there is only really Bougherra, Boyd and McGregor that will attract any decent offers so probably not enough to keep the bank happy. I think they can only hope for a die hard fan with some cash to make an offer for the club but who wants to buy a Scottish football team in the current economic climate?!

Hmm, they'd prob get about 5m each for those three. 15m and a reduction on the wage bill would keep most banks happy i would've thought. I'm sure they could sell Mendes, Beasley and Lafferty for reasonable amounts too.

Could shift Mendes, Davis, Boyd, Laugh-erty, Bougherra, McGregor, Papac, Thomson, Beasley and Edu with relative ease if they're really going to accept less than their over-inflated market value. They will all be pretty high earners when compared to what players will be left.

There has never been a more apt use of this smiley: :popcorn:

Guest Gladstone
Could shift Mendes, Davis, Boyd, Laugh-erty, Bougherra, McGregor, Papac, Thomson, Beasley and Edu with relative ease if they're really going to accept less than their over-inflated market value. They will all be pretty high earners when compared to what players will be left.

There has never been a more apt use of this smiley: :popcorn:

Yeah, I agree. All that money would surely just go straight into the debt though wouldn't it? In which case, they'd be 10 first team players down, but have no money to replace them. Imagine how shite they'd be without McGregor, Bougherra, Mendes and Boyd. Add to that Papac, Davis, Thomson, Beasley, Edu and Lafferty and they barely have a defence, a midfield or a strikeforce.

This could turn into one of the funniest things football has ever seen...

Imagine how shite they'd be without McGregor, Bougherra, Mendes and Boyd. Add to that Papac, Davis, Thomson, Beasley, Edu and Lafferty and they barely have a defence, a midfield or a strikeforce.

Imagine how shite they'd be if they got rid of that lot but kept Kenny Miller!

Just read this, looks like a firesale of first team players and trying to bring through young lads.

Exclusive: The Board v The Bank Rangers entire first-team squad face being sold to the highest bidder - Herald Scotland | Sport | SPL | Rangers

Liverpool did the job. It's been a while since there's been a big 4 classic, they tend to cancel each other out and are too scared to really attack. Van der Sar continues to amaze me, he's such a dependable rock at the back. I thought Lucas put in a good shift. He looks like a confidence player so maybe he'll come good. Ngog can still get to fuck... he looked far too surprised to have scored for a prem striker, I swear he's pub league calibre.

Agree with your view on the sub. Owen is the perfect player to latch onto a Berba flick/thru ball. Rooney, as he always does when they are up against it, was dropping back far too much trying to do everything at once. He would have thrown a tantrum had he been subbed tho and caused a SAF headache whereas Berbatov probably just sauntered off and out the back for a fag and a yawn.

Its shaping up to be an ace season. Been competitive enough to make it tight at the top yet there has still been the odd steam rolling to make it interesting. Signing of the season has been Vermaelen for me. Played every minute and scored 4 goals, he's ace going forward for a big lump of a man.

There's no doubting Lucas' work rate. He really wants to be the man along side Mascherano, but his tackling is dire, and he should have been yellowed for nearly every single one. It's amazing he got away undisciplined. He seems like a good lad because of how hard he tries, so I hope he improves, but right now, I think he's simply filling a hole until Aquilani comes in.

Ngog really did look shocked the ball went in. Alot like both of Owen's goals this season, where it looked like his eyes were screaming.

There's no doubting Lucas' work rate. He really wants to be the man along side Mascherano, but his tackling is dire, and he should have been yellowed for nearly every single one. It's amazing he got away undisciplined. He seems like a good lad because of how hard he tries, so I hope he improves, but right now, I think he's simply filling a hole until Aquilani comes in.

Ngog really did look shocked the ball went in. Alot like both of Owen's goals this season, where it looked like his eyes were screaming.

Yeh, he can ping a nice pass but his tackling did look shoddy. I forgot about that Aquilani dude. Liverpool's season is far from fucked if he can slot into the team. There's a highlight reel somewhere of his time at Roma and he looks quality. It all depends if him and Gerrard can see eye to eye (He's crossed eyed so that almost counts as a joke).

Elsewhere, good to see Joe Cole back into the mix. Always liked him even though he's as thick as shit. His interview on MOTD was pure comedy wide boy waffling.

I would quite enjoy the demise of Rangers...scummy barstewards!

Could be a case of the buyer (if they ever get one) paying 70 million (or whatever the debt is) and paying 1p for the club.

Personally I'm hoping Mike Ashley buys them (if he ever sells us).

Joe Kinnear managing Rangers? Absolutely fantastic. If he managed to confuse "N'Zogbia" for "Insomnia", I dread to think what he might come up for when he's talking about Bougherra...

Yeh, he can ping a nice pass but his tackling did look shoddy. I forgot about that Aquilani dude. Liverpool's season is far from fucked if he can slot into the team. There's a highlight reel somewhere of his time at Roma and he looks quality. It all depends if him and Gerrard can see eye to eye (He's crossed eyed so that almost counts as a joke).

Elsewhere, good to see Joe Cole back into the mix. Always liked him even though he's as thick as shit. His interview on MOTD was pure comedy wide boy waffling.

Oh man, I loved it when he did a bit of punditry for a Chelsea game during his injury, referring to his team mates as Lampsy and Big Pete. It was like if a middle class white male was to read Lethal Bizzle lyrics out loud. Glad to see him back playing though. He's one of few British players who have got the ability to take a player on with skill and not ridiculous pace. His ball control is sublime when he's having a good day

Aquilani made his reserves debut last week, so he musn't be too far off full fitness.

Oh man, I loved it when he did a bit of punditry for a Chelsea game during his injury, referring to his team mates as Lampsy and Big Pete. It was like if a middle class white male was to read Lethal Bizzle lyrics out loud.

That reminds me of a wonderful piece of "banter" that was aired around that time when Cole was a pundit in the studio.

In the post match interview Frank Lampard was asked a question relating to something Joe Cole had earlier said in the studio to which he answered:

"Nice to see Coley in the Studio!!! Nah, but seriously....."(proceeds to answer the question..well, probably not really answer the question but you know what I mean)"

Cuts back to the studio where Cole is asked his opinion on Lampard's comments to which he answered:

"Oh yeah, Lamps, 'e's frawn me a bit of banta there! Nah but seriously....(proceeds to answer the question..well, probably not really answer the question but you know what I mean)

I remember wishing dearly that I could play for Chelsea and be involved in such top, top banta, week in week out.

That reminds me of a wonderful piece of "banter" that was aired around that time when Cole was a pundit in the studio.

In the post match interview Frank Lampard was asked a question relating to something Joe Cole had earlier said in the studio to which he answered:

"Nice to see Coley in the Studio!!! Nah, but seriously....."(proceeds to answer the question..well, probably not really answer the question but you know what I mean)"

Cuts back to the studio where Cole is asked his opinion on Lampard's comments to which he answered:

"Oh yeah, Lamps, 'e's frawn me a bit of banta there! Nah but seriously....(proceeds to answer the question..well, probably not really answer the question but you know what I mean)

I remember wishing dearly that I could play for Chelsea and be involved in such top, top banta, week in week out.

Haha. This is the exact game I was thinking about, it was glorious. Joe Cole also went on to say "I'll have to take the Man Of The Match champers off 'im for that!".

Incredible.

Awesome transcript sir. :up:

Footballers, however much I idolise them, are total losers with zero sense of humour beyond giving out 'stick' and 'banta'.

Anyone seen any footballers on MTV Cribs?

Luis Boa Morte (i think, might have been someone else) was filmed in a hotel coz he was between houses and he ran out of things to show so he started introducing the folk who worked in the hotel. He walked into the hotel kitchen and accosted a startled looking black guy with a complicated handshake and an awkard 'awight bruv'. Then he turns to the camera and says... 'That's (whatever his name was)... we do the black ting'

0,,10284~5925982,00.jpg

There are rumours in Inverness that JC is being lined up to take on the ICT job, if Butcher doesn't get us up in the top 3 by xmas. Don't know how i'd cope if he became our boss :down:

Here's the thread actually... lots of mutterings in Plymouth that he'll take the assistant manager job, so Sturrock recover from his illness with someone else taking on 90% of team training/talks/press etc

Butcher Out - Calderwood In (merged)

Awesome transcript sir. :up:

Footballers, however much I idolise them, are total losers with zero sense of humour beyond giving out 'stick' and 'banta'.

'

I witnessed this one first hand:

The entire Dons squad have descended on my local pub on an afternoon out (this was in the Steve Paterson era so this was probably commonplace). A game of doubles ensues at the pool table. Scott Muirhead and Steve Tosh are on opposing teams. Tosh takes a shot, misses the pocket. Muirhead stands up to take his shot, not realising that Tosher has a second shot to take. This is pointed out to Muirhead by his team mate followed by this comment from Tosh:

"Aye, sit down Scottie! Use your...use your....use your arse for something.....use your arse for something other than getting shagged in! Eh boys?!"

Much laughter. Genius banter Tosher, genius.

There's a lot of homo-eroctic routines embedded in the footballer 'banter' as well I feel. Skill School on Soccer AM is a classic example... every episode seems to involve young guys pulling down each others shorts, in addition to jumping on each other in one big gay pile.

"Aye, sit down Scottie! Use your...use your....use your arse for something.....use your arse for something other than getting shagged in! Eh boys?!"

Much laughter. Genius banter Tosher, genius.

o_O.... oh... I see what he did there. He insinuated that Scottie was in fact a homosexual. I bet he's the squad 'wind-up merchant'.

Gazza used to take that monicker to the next level. Did he not piss on Richard Gogh in training once?

o_O.... oh... I see what he did there. He insinuated that Scottie was in fact a homosexual. I bet he's the squad 'wind-up merchant'.

Gazza used to take that monicker to the next level. Did he not piss on Richard Gogh in training once?

I don't doubt it. In fact I beleive Gazza invented both the "spray champagne on the manager during his TV interview" and the "bucket of cold water balancing precariously above the dressing room door" routines.

I don't doubt it. In fact I beleive Gazza invented both the "spray champagne on the manager during his TV interview" and the "bucket of cold water balancing precariously above the dressing room door" routines.

I'd have liked to have seen him try that gay horse-play shit round the more cultured players like Graeme Le Saux or *racks brains for another intelligent footballer*

... "Fuck off Gazza, I'm trying to read a book, I don't want to see your knob you fool!"

For all I hate Rangers, I couldn't live without them. We need an enemy.

Yes you could, as could pretty much every single person in the entire world of a non-Hun disposition. They wouldn't be missed in the slightest and the world would be a damn sight better off without them. I didn't realise it was as bad as this for them, and it's made my dark and stormy night. :woohoo:

It'd be easy enough to find another enemy. I though to myself what I'd do if F****** went down the shitter and after having the grin on my face surgically removed I think it'd be quite easy to find someone else to loathe and detest.

Probably Airdrie (sorry, United). You could hate them too, Huns without the bus fare.

Mind you, I hate them as it is.

:up: