aberdeen-music

Punk Rock

waltz

Gunmoll

Young Livers

Small Brown Bike (first two LP's specifically. They went a bit soft after that)

Iron Chic

Dear Landlord (More pop punk than post-hardcore, but Dream Homes is a grand record)

Banner Pilot (Also pop punk, but gruff and gravelly and good)

None More Black (First LP is more 'punk'. They went more 'rock' after that, but it's all good)

Maybe even give Bear Vs Shark a go. It's probably more indie-rock, but the guy has got an incredible vocal on him.

Theres some great UK bands doing this sort of stuff too:

Bangers

Above Them

The Amistad

Chillerton

The Dauntless Elite

My CD collection is about 50% bands ripping off HWM/Leatherface/Husker Du, so I can reel of a ton more if you need, or make you a Mediafire mix or something.

Up the punx.

Gunmoll

Young Livers

Iron Chic

Dear Landlord (More pop punk than post-hardcore, but Dream Homes is a grand record)

None More Black (First LP is more 'punk'. They went more 'rock' after that, but it's all good)

Maybe even give Bear Vs Shark a go. It's probably more indie-rock, but the guy has got an incredible vocal on him.

Bangers

Above Them

The Amistad

Chillerton

The Dauntless Elite

My CD collection is about 50% bands ripping off HWM/Leatherface/Husker Du, so I can reel of a ton more if you need, or make you a Mediafire mix or something.

Up the punx.

What he said.

I'd add Milloy to that list too though

New NOFX - Hardcore Covers EP is pretty not-very-good.

Really?? I've been reading awesome things about it. Cokie the Clown and Coaster were both amazing, shit to hear they're off form now with it.

I fucking love NOFX. Pump Up The Valium is a great record. So is So Long and Thanks For All The Shoes.

Also, Alkaline Trio are the greatest band in the universe. If you disagree you're a peadophile.

Good Mourning is in a similar vein to HWM, they also did a split 7" with them which is fucking AWESOME! HWM covering Radio is epic!

But yeah, the Trio back catalogue varies a lot from really poppy to really dark so give them a listen if you've not heard much more than the singles.

The new record, Damnesia, is fucking amazing too. All acoustic covers of old songs with a couple of new folk-pop type songs thrown in. Bliss.

xx

Really?? I've been reading awesome things about it. Cokie the Clown and Coaster were both amazing, shit to hear they're off form now with it.

I like all the bands they cover, but they are pretty like for like covers. They don't make much of an effort to NOFX-it-up.

I was just underwhelmed listening to it. I'm sure some/lots of people will love it though.

I like all the bands they cover, but they are pretty like for like covers. They don't make much of an effort to NOFX-it-up.

I was just underwhelmed listening to it. I'm sure some/lots of people will love it though.

Ahhh ok, same-track-slightly-different-vocal-with-somewhat-more-modern-production-while-trying-to-make-production-sound-old-school-negating-a-potential-big-improvement type affair?

Pity.

xx

Ahhh ok, same-track-slightly-different-vocal-with-somewhat-more-modern-production-while-trying-to-make-production-sound-old-school-negating-a-potential-big-improvement type affair?

Pity.

xx

Essentially yeah, I'll give it a few more listens before I fully decide, but for now, "I'm Out"

2391180908.JPG

Yeah, and Coaster/Frisbee was a really strong album. It's not really a case that NOFX have lost it though...

It's just a covers EP. They are covers that sound like Agnostic Front or D.O.A, not 'original' cover versions.

NOFX are still a great bunch of lads and I wish them all the best.

Gunmoll

Young Livers

Iron Chic

Bangers

Above Them

The Amistad

Chillerton

The Dauntless Elite

Up the punx.

Big-ups.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Gunmoll

Young Livers

Iron Chic

Bear Vs Shark

Bangers

Above Them

The Amistad

Chillerton

The Dauntless Elite

All of these are fuckin' stoatin'! Fire up some more recommendations in this vein if you fancy!

xx