aberdeen-music

Punk Rock

waltz

i know i've posted a link to this band before but i've been listening to their new songs up since i got in and if you ever a need a quick blast of thrashy heavy goodness this is the band to go to

WEEKEND NACHOS (2 NEW SONGS UP NOW) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

BEST VOCALS EVER

Sounds like the chap from Spazz. I do enjoy Spazz, but I just can't take comedy powerviolence vocals seriously, which is a shame. Weekend Nachos sound brutal and it's a shame the backing vocalist doesn't do the lead vocals. His vocals sound great.

• 3 months later...
Free Albums on IYMI

Fantastic site with some great free downloads.Really enjoying Get Bent,Potboiler and Where We Live

it's brilliant. dave who runs it is a proper dude. if you like get bent you should get the how do we jump this high record (pretty much the same guys). snowing, iron chic, yo man go discog, it's all good. the acoustic eric ayotte stuff is great too. like a folk punk mountain goats.

Any uk bands worth looking at?

The Dauntless Elite - no myspace, but an mp3 link from their Graft LP -http://www.bombedout.com/downloads/mp3/the_dauntless_elite_-_shilling.mp3

The Amistad - The Amistad on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Bangers - BANGERS on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Milloy - Milloy on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Leif Ericsson - the leif ericsson on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Shermer (rip) - Shermer on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Twisted - Nein. You can download their records from their blog somewhere.

Ox Scapula - Ox Scapula on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Wooderson - Wooderson on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

The top 3 are my favourite, and are good at that gruffy punk thing. The bottom 3 are more emo, or whatever. Milloy and Leif Ericsson have been around forever. They are more akin to Snuff/Leatherface than the more modern stuff. Shermer are dead.

Can't believe you've missed OK Pilot off that list! Basically the UK Young Livers. OK PILOT (new song uploaded) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Haven't heard of them. I'm very out of touch with that sort of thing since I moved to Aberdeen. Not much of this sort of stuff goes on up here, so I've got no idea who's still going, who's split up and who are new.

I will listen now. Don't really think much of Young Livers, mind.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Zombie thread revival. Apologies.

Can anyone recommend any of that gruff punk lark similar to Hot Water Music? I've been listening to Caution a lot recently and they're such a ridiculously good band. Make Do and Mend are the only similar act I've come across, and I don't trust last.fm's recommendations. Ta.

Zombie thread revival. Apologies.

Can anyone recommend any of that gruff punk lark similar to Hot Water Music? I've been listening to Caution a lot recently and they're such a ridiculously good band. Make Do and Mend are the only similar act I've come across, and I don't trust last.fm's recommendations. Ta.

The Draft?