aberdeen-music

Guilty pleasures

Ithaca

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I'd love to hear from those death metal loving dudes that just can't help singing along to Hanson's 'Mmm Bop'' etc.

I like that Katy Perry tune where she's singing about you're up, you're down and all that shit. Thank fuck I quit drinking, I'd have ended up getting slaughtered and dancing to it one night, thus committing terminal social hara-kiri. I'm only confessing this to you because you're a top lad and it is indeed a guilty pleasure, like having a wank with a finger up your...

Whoops, I'll stop right there.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
I like that Katy Perry tune where she's singing about you're up, you're down and all that shit. Thank fuck I quit drinking, I'd have ended up getting slaughtered and dancing to it one night, thus committing terminal social hara-kiri. I'm only confessing this to you because you're a top lad and it is indeed a guilty pleasure, like having a wank with a finger up your...

Whoops, I'll stop right there.

I would think liking a Katy Perry song is far worse...

My mother loved Jim Reeves, Ken Dodd and Englebert Humperdinck- ballads, basically. Can't forget the words to some of those songs, no matter how I try. I once played a thrash punk version of Reeves' "I love you because" at a party and it went down a storm:-)

I've been toying with doing a cover of 'He'll have to go', which I really like!

One of Toxic Distortion's tunes keeps going round and round in my head. Quite possibly the guiltiest of pleasures...

Damn, beat me to it.

I'm so arrogant about my musical taste, that I don't think anything I listen to is a guilty pleasure. I'll happily defend anything that I listen to, its all great.

Miley Cyrus

Did anyone see her on the x-factor last year? She was fucking awful. Actually dreadful, words at the time couldn't describe the faith I lost in music Miley, Britney, annoying X-Factor child, the girl on X-Factor that couldn't wear shoes and the scary Spanish wifie.

Truly the night the music died.

My girlfriend watches X-Factor, therefore I generally have to.

Wanking over photos of my brother when he was a child.

I don't see why liking any sort of music should make you feel guilty. If you like it then you fucking like it, rather than pretending you don't so other people think you are cool.

I like Michael Jackson and Duran Duran but I don't feel guilty about it.

Excuse me but Miley was the only one that sang live that night out of the guests.

Ah yes. The trustworthy "But at least they don't mime" debate, which instantly makes a thorough shitshow of an artist somehow artistically credible.

I pissing hate all these Disney teenage "rockstars". Bunch of inbred rich kids being deprived of their adolescence to make $$$$ for their parents who just don't want to get jobs.

Wanking over photos of my brother when he was a child.

I don't see why liking any sort of music should make you feel guilty. If you like it then you fucking like it, rather than pretending you don't so other people think you are cool.

I like Michael Jackson and Duran Duran but I don't feel guilty about it.

That's because some Michael Jackson is fucking dos. Duran Duran less so, especially as it's regularly murdered at karaoke.