aberdeen-music

Guilty pleasures

Ithaca

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hall & Oates are ace. Can't beat cheesy Whitesnake power ballads too, great music in the car. I love 80's stuff, especially the pop (when it was at it's peak with all the cheap sounding synths). Status Quo, well I've seen them live like 5 times now and they are so consistent and always entertaining

Whitesnake power ballads too, great music in the car.

Not so much a fan of the ballads, but Whitesnake's mid to late 80s stuff was amazing. John Sykes and then Vai on guitar = win.

And their new album is probably the best album they've done. Great songs and stunning production.

It's my favourite song ever. I'm shouting that loud and proud!

It's perfect pop - will a killer vid!

Who can name the movie that inspired it.

Back on topic - my pet hate this week is: -

Cunts (and I do mean cunts) who seem unable or unwilling to use a hankie and scunner us with their incessant sniffing.

BLOW.

YOUR.

FUCKING.

NOSE - you fucking minker.

• 3 weeks later...
I am 100% guilt-free in my loving of Fall Out Boy, Coldplay (generally the new record, but some of the older stuff is decent as well), Slipknot, Dragonforce, Panic at the Disco etc. etc. etc.

I realised only a short while ago that expressions like "good pop music" are just euphemisms for "it's not particularly cool, but I like it". I don't understand why anyone feels the need to justify liking anything.

As for my parents' music taste, my mum loves the Beatles, Amen Corner, The Small Faces, Queen etc. while my dad is well into Pink Floyd, Neil Young, The Blue Nile, The Who and Jackson Browne. They both tend to come through to Aberdeen/Glasgow with me for gigs sometimes though. Me and my mum went to Edinburgh to see Duke Special a couple of years back, while my Dad came down to Tool, Iron Maiden, Muse and some others. They introduced me to a lot of excellent music, and are also open-minded enough to listen to stuff I bring home, which is great.

Yes please.