aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

This grievance popped into my head today. I can't be doing with people who comment on music you are listening to as "depressing", as if listening to it will have you slitting your wrists after 5 minutes. I wonder if these folk can only listen to happy music in case their fragile and malleable brains interpret the emotion of the music literally and retreat to a corner for a good cry. I guess they only ever listen to "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves. Even using the term happy is myself over generalising, but I've met far too many people who categorise music as either good or depressing. Depressing seems to be any type of music less than 90 bpm, as it's not like I'm blasting out "Berlin" by Lou Reed 24 hours a day. Not recently anyway.

I haven't come across this in a long time but it certainly used to annoy me a lot, especially as there was a time almost all the music I listened to would have fit in that category. 

Just catching up on this thread, congratulations to YoungA on coming out.

Nobody came out when I was at school. Makes me feel old. :(

Well, for all the things that are getting worse at least some things are getting better. One girl came out at the my school but she's now married to a man. 

• Upvote 1