aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

A sister of a friend of mines is a single mum, she is 23, has 3 kids, doesnt speak to any of the fathers, doesnt even know who is the father of one of them, one of the other fathers is a 17 year old boy. She was just moved into a big 3 bedroomed flat in the town centre, has a 40" flat screen smart TV, broadband, Sky TV, a huge sofa, clothes and toys for all her kids, a cupboard of shoes for herself and lives very comfortably. 

She hasnt worked a day since she was 18 and left a job by lying that her mum had cancer and she couldnt work, and yet has everything she could want, and tends to have more spare cash than i do. 

That makes me fucking ill. 

I'm the fence about the work/parenting thing. I imagine it's very difficult to work whilst having a child to take care of. To afford childcare full time, you might aswell just have all your wage paid directly into the child carers account, unless you've got a totally mint job, which not everybody does. Childcare is a huge expense, as you're essentially paying someone a fulltime wage to look after your child whilst you work fulltime. Depending on how good or crap your job is, one parent may well be better off financially staying home and looking after the child, whilst the other parent goes to work.

When they get shipped off to school, you've got to work around school hours which don't quite coincide with the typical 9-5. Do you just work part time? Is that enough? Unless you manage to find a job in a school, working school hours, with the same holidays. That's the ticket! Otherwise, it sounds like a logistical nightmare to fit your working life around your children, and one that I sympathise with parents for having to arrange. Probably one of the reasons why I'll never have children.

The other main reason is because children are really, really annoying, and I have zero paternal instincts.

All of this is assuming it is a stable mother/father/child relationship of course, and not a contraception-shy sponger. That's a whole new topic.

Edited by Joda Serk
  • Upvote 1

Whilst we're on the facebook pet hates, i have a few of the cat and dog homes on my friends list, and they always have pics up of the animals avaliable to foster, what really annoys me is the amount of posts saying,

"OMG so cute, if i didnt have my own cat/kid/dog/husband/small flat ect, i would get him right away" 

Well im sure the people trying to get these animals homes are fucking delighted to read a hundred posts a day about why people cannot adopt their animals, and no one cares that your trying to make yourself look like a good saint by saying you would take one. Either adopt the animal, or dont fucking post. 

• Upvote 2

Only 3 more sleeps till me and my bestie will be in our onesies with a glass of vino. Love my life. Feelin blessed. Some people need to get over themselves... don't let anyone bring you down. Real friends... you know who you are. - rant over! it's F-R-I-D-A-Y! Long wkend here we come. The hubby is out with his pals. I <3 him but what is he like when he's pished. Casual racism. xx

Edited by ca_gere
  • Upvote 6

I fear there's a slight risk of this facebook cuntery being a bit sexist. Just to clarify, I hate shitty updates from guys too. I have one guy on my feed who posts 'random' scenarios such as "what would happen if a dragon fought a monkey with a flamethrower." And shares posts from pages titled 'I Fuckin' love 'murican Lol Pics Lad-bibles; or whatever. His profile picture is always a comic book character which is really really cool and original.

Gym statuses. Aaron robertson posted a status that is meant to be like "if you do or don't want to work out, tough, work out anyway". which is stupid in itself, but it's worded very rapey.

"Do it anyway whether you feel like it or not"

I'm continually going on his page, searching this out and commenting "Is that what you tell the ladies" and he's constantly deleting it. Surely it would be easier to delete the status?

Edited by Jaaakkkeee
  • Upvote 1

I want to know why someone neg repped Stroops. He's spot on. I know a few single moms. Some are hard working. They have 2 jobs and go to college to try and better themselves, and they love every minute they spend with their child.

I don't get people who see it as a job, or think it's okay not to work due to you giving birth. I understand maybe you can't work due to not being able to get childcare. But most of the people I know who have kids then stop working indefinitely have loads of friends and family who could watch the bairn a couple of nights a week. I mean, they seem to be able to find someone to watch the kid when they go out on the lash.

I neg repped him because he has made a sweeping judgement that anyone who posts that has some sort of superiority complex. Maybe some do but maybe some just put it to state that they are a stay at home Mum without any thought to trying to appear somehow superior. He is as bad as those he has decided to judge. I remember some bint on here years back stating that the only reason folk had 'child on board' signs on their car was to rub it in to those who don't have kids! Fuck. Off.

My pet hate - idiots who make judgements on what folk with kids are thinking without having the first clue about it.

I probably piss everyone off on Facebook by constantly posting pictures of my little dog.

I'm on board with the tough mudder hate. Everywhere. If it's so tough there is no way you'd manage to go out on the lash afterwards.

If you walked round the course you could go on the lash after no worries.

I neg repped him because he has made a sweeping judgement that anyone who posts that has some sort of superiority complex. Maybe some do but maybe some just put it to state that they are a stay at home Mum without any thought to trying to appear somehow superior. He is as bad as those he has decided to judge. I remember some bint on here years back stating that the only reason folk had 'child on board' signs on their car was to rub it in to those who don't have kids! Fuck. Off.

My pet hate - idiots who make judgements on what folk with kids are thinking without having the first clue about it.

...So what you're saying is that your Mrs has "Full Time Mummy" as her occupation of Facebook?

xx

• Upvote 3

...So what you're saying is that your Mrs has "Full Time Mummy" as her occupation of Facebook?

xx

No i'm saying that you have decided to invent a whole conspiracy theory reasoning for someone putting that in order to somehow spite people when in fact they are more likely just stating a fact of life in the convenient bitty on FB. Some folk seem to get very wound up about FB, maybe try trimming friends list or just not using it if it is that devastating an ordeal....

• Downvote 1