aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

People talking (on purpose) with a mouthful of food.... I f*cking hate it !

My son has just done this earlier at the tea table, and to make matters worse my darling wife was laughing (which she does a lot when they're misbehaving) at his antics.... some f*cking example THAT gives..... I despair...... she's in a strop with me now....despite the fact that my daughter, son & wife all left the table without clearing their plates.... is it SO hard to put them in the f*cking dishwasher?.... never mind, Au-pair Sam will do it !

F*ck I'm fizzing now....

sorry had to get it off my chest

rant over.... :laughing:

I was particularly annoyed at some woman talking with her mouth full at my uncle's birthday party last night. I felt bad for my disdain when I realised it was actually a massive abcess filling her mouth rather than food.

Football related pet hate: When a player is on the deck and the ball is still in play. As far as I know it is now the ref's responsibility to stop play rather than relying on the sportsmanship of the players to kick it out. PLAY ON and everyone accept the rules.

Currently Active Users: 74 (22 members and 52 guests)

And nobody's posting anything X(

What's everyone doing? Hanging out in that damn equipment forum?

And who are all these guests? Stop hiding and say hello!

Hulloo, and I think I'm off to bed... the UFC didn't download properly so I'm annoyed at that. And that I'm an utter twat and submitted my essay to be checked for plagiarism, and selected the wrong group. My tutor is going to think I'm a pleb.

Currently Active Users: 74 (22 members and 52 guests)

And nobody's posting anything X(

What's everyone doing? Hanging out in that damn equipment forum?

And who are all these guests? Stop hiding and say hello!

Hello! I was catching up with what happened while I was out today. Turns out I don't have much to add to anything that was said. Does having no opinions count as a Pet Hate? Probably not.

Hulloo, and I think I'm off to bed... the UFC didn't download properly so I'm annoyed at that. And that I'm an utter twat and submitted my essay to be checked for plagiarism, and selected the wrong group. My tutor is going to think I'm a pleb.

What's this? Does someone other than the person who marks it decide if there may be plagiarism?

How are they stopped from posting anything?

They can post, but new users first posts need to be approved by a mod so they never actually go live. They usually got round that by spamming their own profiles with visitor messages, but then we disabled visitor messaging for that very reason because we were deleting literally hundreds of them every day. We've also recently switched back on the rule that new users have to be confirmed by a mod to stop the 100+ new registrations we were getting every day from spammers, so they cant do anything until Dave looks over the registration, and he just deletes them before they can post anything.

Turnitin in a massive pain in the hoop. Have to submit every essay through it as well as hand a hard copy [or 2] in to the school office. It's meant to produce an "Originality Report" that is meant to be attached to the essay, but it never generates it when you're at the computer waiting for it to do so. Sometimes takes days depending on how busy the system is. Most tutors don't seem to care and luckily I've never lost a mark for it. Yet. I always forget to submit it to Turnitin, so I'll be basking in the post-essay hand in glory, having a smoke or a cup of tea and then "TURNITIN!!" will thunder through my mind and I'll have to fanny about on their shitty website.

In short: Fuck Turnitin.

As a tutor Turnitin is very helpful. Also, unless your tutor is a harsh bastard then as long as you've got either a hard copy or a turnitin copy in by the deadline you should be fine. You just can't get your essay back until the tutor's seen it on turnitin.

I've had to fail a couple that cut and paste stuff from those stupid 'writeyouressayforyou?.com' style websites. I don't know why folk bother anymore.

Starbucks filling my takeaway filter coffee right to the fucking brim so I can't get more than two steps out of the shop before it spills all over my fingers. Especially galling is when they give you two cups instead of a sleeve so the lid doesn't go on properly and it spills out the sides. The cup holder in the door of my car is like a swimming pool of coffee (for ants). Tomorrow Imma ask for a small coffee in a large cup. That'll fix it.

As a tutor Turnitin is very helpful. Also, unless your tutor is a harsh bastard then as long as you've got either a hard copy or a turnitin copy in by the deadline you should be fine. You just can't get your essay back until the tutor's seen it on turnitin.

I've had to fail a couple that cut and paste stuff from those stupid 'writeyouressayforyou?.com' style websites. I don't know why folk bother anymore.

I can totally see how helpful it is for a tutor, but for a student it can be incredibly frustrating. It's like anything with computers though, sometimes it'll work wonderfully, other times it'll operate like a proverbial fucktard.

The folk that copy and paste their essays should be booted from the course, no questions. I go to uni to learn, not act like a stupid prick and those sort of people are another pet hate.

• Upvote 1

OH MY FUCKING GOD. There are two adverts I just saw that were just awful. The Richmond sausage advert: "I'll be coming home for the summer..." I hate all the fuckers in that advert, with their waistcoats and cunty faces. The bit where they do get home and their mother has Richmond sausages for them and they're all laughing about something - which probably wasn't even funny. Their mum is a bitch as well.

I can't remember what the other advert was about but it had a cunty little kid speaking about how he loves cake and chocolate. He was getting chocolate all over his face and generally being a cunt. Nearly boked.

OH MY FUCKING GOD. There are two adverts I just saw that were just awful. The Richmond sausage advert: "I'll be coming home for the summer..." I hate all the fuckers in that advert, with their waistcoats and cunty faces. The bit where they do get home and their mother has Richmond sausages for them and they're all laughing about something - which probably wasn't even funny. Their mum is a bitch as well.

Richmond sausages are pretty good though. I perhaps do prefer vegan ones, which is something I'd never thought I'd say.