aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest Gladstone

Vodafone.

Holy fucking shit.

I got a free upgrade back in February. My bill in March showed that I was due them 240 for the handset that was meant to be free.

I called up and the first call centre monkey argued with me for about 10 minutes that it was showing that I had to pay for the phone, but eventually he put me through to someone with a small amount of brains, who then said I shouldn't have been charged and that that 240 would be taken off the bill and assured me it wouldn't come out of my bank account.

I spotted at the beginning of last week that Vodafone had in fact taken 260 out of my account to pay a 20 bill. Bastards.

I called up last Monday, and after arguing with the guy for about 10 minutes, he told me the 240 would be back in my bank account on Tuesday.

I checked back in on Thursday - no refund. So, I called back again, and the chump hadn't even raised the credit with the accounting department, but the woman told me I would get a full refund, but it would take 7-10 days. I wasn't best pleased with this seeing as they'd had 240 of my money for over 3 weeks. I know that instant transfers exist, because I can fucking do them, but Vodafone are incapable. So, I check my bank account this morning, and there's a refund from Vodafone, only it's for 216, so I call up AGAIN. Turns out that my April bill, due to be paid on 22 April comes to 24, and they've just kept my money to pay that bill. Who the fuck gave them the right to keep my money? There's no point getting it paid now, because it will take 7 days for the money to appear in my account - and then it will just come straight back out again to pay my bill.

I wrote a letter to them last week complaining about the terrible customer service I've received in the past month or so, I wonder what sort of response, if any, I will get.

I'm pretty sure that Vodafone are involved in a sneaky little game here to gain more interest on their bank account. Now, I'm sure they won't generate much interest on 240 over a 3 week period and even less so on the 24 for an extra week, but I wonder how many customers across the country land in the same situation, where someone "forgets to tick a box" to say the handset is supposed to be free, and they accidentally forget to remove the 240 odd charge, and then take 3 bastarding weeks to refund it. Quite a lot would be my guess - and I said that to the call centre monkey that I've just been arguing with.

Fucking knobs.

Guest Gladstone
Surely it's paid by direct debit though so the April bill will come out automatically.

I'd keep an eye out that they don't take another payment for your April bill.

Yup - direct debit.

I said exactly that to the chump on the phone -

"I'll be very surprised if that 24 doesn't leave my account on 22nd April"

"Calum, I can assure you that it definitely will not come out of your account, the bill shows that there is nothing due"

"Well, on my account on line, it still says I'm due 24, due to be paid by direct debit"

"I can promise you that it won't come out of your account next week"

"I've had this promise before, though and the 240 still came out of my account, and it's taken me 4 phone calls to get it back"

"It won't leave your account"

etc etc.

If she had been in the room with me, I would have donkey-punched her.

My boyfriend has had the exact same problem, but I think they just said they were keeping the money he was charged for the phone and that they would just take the amount of his bills from it each month.

If you scream at them enough supposedly they do offer you extras, I'm sure he got an upgrade early and free minutes (he's had more problems with them)

I'm with Orange, it's not spectacular service but it was the only one you can get signal with in teuchterville. My upgrade isn't until September :(

Guest Gladstone
My boyfriend has had the exact same problem, but I think they just said they were keeping the money he was charged for the phone and that they would just take the amount of his bills from it each month.

If you scream at them enough supposedly they do offer you extras, I'm sure he got an upgrade early and free minutes (he's had more problems with them)

I'm with Orange, it's not spectacular service but it was the only one you can get signal with in teuchterville. My upgrade isn't until September :(

I got so frustrated today that I said "I don't give a shit about Vodafone policy" which I instantly regretted because it wasn't her fault, and it gives her fuel to not see my point of view. What I meant was "I don't care about Vodafone policy", but jesus, her repetition of "it's just Vodafone policy...." was pissing me off...

Thankfully I've never had any problem whatsoever with my o2 contract. touch wood

Obviously you may not have had the time but it may have slightly easier to speak to one of the goons in a vodafone store. Usually personal confrontations do the job quite well in these situations,

Here's hoping they sort you out with something decent, if and when they reply to your letter.

Thankfully I've never had any problem whatsoever with my o2 contract. touch wood

Obviously you may not have had the time but it may have slightly easier to speak to one of the goons in a vodafone store. Usually personal confrontations do the job quite well in these situations,

Here's hoping they sort you out with something decent, if and when they reply to your letter.

If you've set up your contract online, the folk in the stores don't touch you. All I've ever gotten from them is "phone customer services".

Guest Gladstone

If I get nothing back from that letter, I think I'm going to e-mail the CEO. A mate of mine gave me a website which lists the CEO's of major UK companies, and their e-mail addresses...

Guest Gladstone
fucking volcano ash gets right on my......erm.....flight path......

Can we organise a mass flash where everyone blows at the same time? I have to fly on Saturday HAVE TO!!!!

Kindly inform my wife of this plan.

Thank you and kind regards,

Calum

I'm pretty sure that Vodafone are involved in a sneaky little game here to gain more interest on their bank account. Now, I'm sure they won't generate much interest on 240 over a 3 week period and even less so on the 24 for an extra week, but I wonder how many customers across the country land in the same situation, where someone "forgets to tick a box" to say the handset is supposed to be free, and they accidentally forget to remove the 240 odd charge, and then take 3 bastarding weeks to refund it. Quite a lot would be my guess - and I said that to the call centre monkey that I've just been arguing with.

Fucking knobs.

I accused them of trying to fuck me around last year, when I called to cancel my contract they told me I had to put it in writing, and the girl gave me an email address to send an email, and instructions on what to put in it (Mobile number, post code etc.) About 3 months later I looked at my online banking and noticed that they had still been taking money off me. So I phoned them again and the person I got this time said "you can't end your contract via email, it has to be by letter, you can't now and never have been able to use email and whoever told you that was wrong." She also told me the customer service mail address was never actually checked (so don't bother emailing it) and my email hadn't even been read. I was fucking livid cos they had had about 90 off me in that three months. So I wrote to the customer service department and told them I thought it was a disgrace and that they were intentionally making it as difficult as possible for customers to leave so they could continue to suck money out of them until the "mistake" was discovered. To their credit they gave me an apology and a full refund of the three months. But not everybody would write and ask for a refund...

I may have mentioned it in this thread somewhere...

That Alanis song, about stuff being ironic. I know it's been mentioned to death over the past few years, but you'd have thought she'd have put out a massive recall on it, you know like when manufacturers recall products from supermarkets because they gave everyone the shits? But no, they still play it on the radio every day. She must feel like a right prick.

Maybe she could just overdub the original, and release it again. She could just call it "Isn't it shit?". I agree Alanis. It's proper shit when you can't find a knife.

That Alanis song, about stuff being ironic. I know it's been mentioned to death over the past few years, but you'd have thought she'd have put out a massive recall on it, you know like when manufacturers recall products from supermarkets because they gave everyone the shits? But no, they still play it on the radio every day. She must feel like a right prick.

Maybe she could just overdub the original, and release it again. She could just call it "Isn't it shit?". I agree Alanis. It's proper shit when you can't find a knife.

BUT... isn't it ironic that a song called "Ironic" doesn't actually have anything ironic in it? Maybe that's the irony....:cheers:

Good grief, you're right. I bet she's laughing at us all for getting in a twist about it. That pesky Canadian.

It's still a mince song though.

Yes it is, and to be honest I don't think she's smart enough to have done that on purpose. I think she just didn't know what ironic meant. Hey isn't it ironic that someone who doesn't know the meaning of the word "irony" would write a song called "Ironic"?

I can do this all fucking night baby.