aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Pet Hate- People bumping their gums when we get a little bit of snow.

I don't moan about the snow. I don't like those people either. I'm moaning about my car. Whatever, man.

New one- I have a fucking massive papercut in the space inbetween my fingers. Stings like a fucking bitch.

I have a rear Wheel drive automatic Mercedes.....seemed like a good idea at the time... my god how wrong I was...

Rear-Wheel +Automatic+ 2 Tonnes=Snow/Ice= Goin' nowhere sonny Jim.

Just stick some sand bags in your boot over the rear axel.

Pet hate for today: fat (and therefore invariably slow) people impeding my progress on the pavement.

Nah, they just get on regardless. It's just snow for Christs sake.

Countries expecting heavy snowfall seem very well equipped to deal with it though. Here, it's a mess right now due to almost zero gritting getting done, and heaps of the gritting buckets seem to be empty round my way, incase I wanted to do it myself. Colder places than here invest a alot of money in coping with it, especially compared to us.

I was in Minneapolis a few years ago in winter when it's -12 during the day. Plows and gritters were everywhere, on what seemed like 24 hour patrol.

However, I'm not really that bothered about the snow. I quite like it. It's just when it gets trodden and turns to ice and the pavements are lethal. That kind of blows.

Again, this has almost certainly be said already, but I cannot deal with the constant abuse the poor apostrophe receives.

On that topic, "it's" can only ever be a contraction of "it is". If something belongs to it, that thing is "its".

Argh.

Its all Greek to me... :gringo:

Um, its all Mexican to me?

However, I'm not really that bothered about the snow. I quite like it. It's just when it gets trodden and turns to ice and the pavements are lethal. That kind of blows.

This is the major factor around my flat. The street I live on was a block of ice on the 23rd and 24th (as Maxi can testify), and was still shoddy all through last week. I went out to the olds' on Saturday and when I came back on Tuesday, it had actually been gritted! By Tuesday night, all the ice had broken up and you could see pavement!

Then it snowed yesterday. and when I left this morning the place was a fecking deathtrap again.

ACC can lick my hairy balls.

Overuse of this annoying phrase - courtesy of teamtalk.com

Weather tears through Scottish Cup

Only a handful of this weekend's Scottish Cup ties are expected to take place after the big freeze claimed eight more fourth-round fixtures.

Laszlo wants 'reform' of the SPL

Csaba Laszlo wants complete "reform" of the Scottish game after revealing three Hearts players had been injured because of the big freeze.

Big freeze claims Scottish Cup ties

The big freeze has claimed Saturday's Scottish Cup fourth-round tie between Morton and Celtic, while Kilmarnock v Falkirk is also postponed.

It doesn't even make sense.

the fact that a shit as fuck video on youtube gets thousands of views because it has the words 'biggest fart ever' or some other ridiculous hyperbole in it whilst my almost certainly epic video of a cat catching yes thats right catching lego and playing fetch with a piece like a dog goes almost undiscovered.

Cock sandwiches

the fact that a shit as fuck video on youtube gets thousands of views because it has the words 'biggest fart ever' or some other ridiculous hyperbole in it whilst my almost certainly epic video of a cat catching yes thats right catching lego and playing fetch with a piece like a dog goes almost undiscovered.

Cock sandwiches

Hey, good guy, you can't tease us like this and then not post a link! Link please!

Sharepod FTW. Although I'm just uploading bare albums with no high folutin' art or nuffin'.

*Ooh, it can do artwork. It can even run ON your iPod. Crazy...

SharePod

Amazing! Installed this last night and it's brilliant.

Had a virus a while back and had to do a clean install. Computer has been MUCH faster since then and I've been loath to install boatware like iTunes. Sharepod is fantastic, drag and drop music to the iPod with no pissing about, and as you say, the software is on the iPod itself so I can use it anywhere. That's meant I've been able to connect it to my computer at work that I can't install any software on, using it at the moment to listen to music stored on the iPod through my computer speakers.

I really can't understand why anyone would bother with iTunes when something like this is available.