aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

My latest pet hate is people who fucking live on Facebook. Deleted some lass I vaguely know from uni recently. Some people are fucking arseholes, man. Who "becomes a fan of spinny chairs"? Honestly.

She was taking up about 75% of the page every time I logged on. Suchandsuch has become a fan of pizza, has become a fan of sleeping, has become a fan of sex, has become a fan of breathing, has become a fan of I love to sleep (that doesn't even make fucking sense!), wants you to take the "what accent should you have quiz", scored 25 in a jewel game, took the "what is this colour quiz", joined the group "If four gazillion and twelve people don't join this group they're gonna shut down facebook", sent all 657 of her friends a virtual martini, became a fan of 'virtual martini', joined the group "I just gave everyone a virtual martini".

Maybe she should've become a fan of "going outside and getting a life".

Yeah man, so true. I joined Facebook because I thought it would be less idiotic than Myspace and it turned out to be even worse. And it's practically always people you only vaguely remember from school who do this shit. I just canned my account in the end to get the fuck away from them.

Yeah man, so true. I joined Facebook because I thought it would be less idiotic than Myspace and it turned out to be even worse. And it's practically always people you only vaguely remember from school who do this shit. I just canned my account in the end to get the fuck away from them.

I've ended up just 'hiding' all the people who do these boring, idiotic posts that fill up my page. It's worked out quite well :up:

My latest pet hate is people who fucking live on Facebook. Deleted some lass I vaguely know from uni recently. Some people are fucking arseholes, man. Who "becomes a fan of spinny chairs"? Honestly.

She was taking up about 75% of the page every time I logged on. Suchandsuch has become a fan of pizza, has become a fan of sleeping, has become a fan of sex, has become a fan of breathing, has become a fan of I love to sleep (that doesn't even make fucking sense!), wants you to take the "what accent should you have quiz", scored 25 in a jewel game, took the "what is this colour quiz", joined the group "If four gazillion and twelve people don't join this group they're gonna shut down facebook", sent all 657 of her friends a virtual martini, became a fan of 'virtual martini', joined the group "I just gave everyone a virtual martini".

Brilliant post.

:up:

I've ended up just 'hiding' all the people who do these boring, idiotic posts that fill up my page. It's worked out quite well :up:

I don't recall being able to do that but this was a couple of years back. It sucks not being able to see photos and stuff like that but on the other hand I've discovered life without social networking is mildliy like smashing the Big Brother TV in your Orwellian nightmare. Ahh, peace and anonymity at last...

Fuck aye. The "People you might know..." section irritates me also, as it's essentially a list of people I used to know but don't particularly want to communicate with again. And the fuckers keep popping up too! No matter how many times I click that little X beneath their names.

God, social networking makes me waaaaay more irritated than it should. I think I'll have a cup of tea.

Rep well and truly given.

A 'friend' (i.e. a teenage colleague who adds anyone he's ever exchanged words with as a friend) added me a day before Michael Jackson died, then spent the next 48 hours updating at least 5 times per hour with either MJ lyrics, some shitty rhyming 'poignant' ditty, or an expression of his heartache about it - which was essentially the same sentence rearranged or with a word added/taken away. BAH. I am a big fan of the 'hide' option. 'Show 47 hidden updates'? Nit!

• Upvote 1

I hate all this virtual farm nonsense especially when i keep getting pointless shitty updates like "insert irritating virtual farm nonce" has just received the Rebecca Loos award for Animal Husbandry.

The whole thing is pointless shite. I'm only on it to tell people about shooting down Germans over the English channel on my PS3! Do these people not have lives!

I hate all this virtual farm nonsense especially when i keep getting pointless shitty updates like "insert irritating virtual farm nonce" has just received the Rebecca Loos award for Animal Husbandry.

The whole thing is pointless shite. I'm only on it to tell people about shooting down Germans over the English channel on my PS3! Do these people not have lives!

Just hover over the top right of the post and select "Hide Farmtown". You can do this with all the applications, quizzes etc. so that all you get on the main screen is status updates.

Oh, so my Mum knits me an X-box cosy with my name on it and people call her "fucking mental" but all Joes mum does is play the console and she's "rad". Whatever, man. Fuck y'all.

I did like this post. Shame I don't rep people enough, because apparently I've repped you too recently, so you don't get any cool points. On quick glance, "repped" looks like "raped".

I love Coleslaw, but I can understand why someone wouldn't. It does look like jizzy puke, and it goes off very quickly, but it seems to be one of those things where you really need to be tasting it to tell if its off. Bad experiences all round.

Pfft! I joined to stop the "*enter name* wants you to join Facebook!" emails to stop, luckily i don't have any friends who do a million apps a day, so i live in peace and only get notified when someone messages me.

I feel like all I do on facebook is delete all the invites I get to X club night...it's not making me come to your night, it's making me hate your group! I think I will have to opt out of all groups..my email is filled up daily of invites

Fussy eaters. I really, really hate fussy eaters. The kind that can't find anything they fancy on a menu if it doesn't have burgers or pizza (margarita). Or people that bawk at coleslaw. How can anyone not like coleslaw?!?

Boring fucks.

I can't understand people who don't love food and all sorts...I think I am a little obsessed to be honest!

I keep getting invites from promoters putting on gigs 300 miles away. I've deleted them from my friends, and asked them to stop sending me invites, which has been ignored. It's not just one invite per show either. It's like 10. Get fucked, seriously. They are shite gigs too. He probably knows I hate all that bubblegum new-era cap wearing pop punk bilge, but I keep getting jpg's of his shitty posters for his shitty gigs, alll the shitting time. What a fanny. I just want to kick him in half.

John Lewis.

Bought an LCD TV off them last year which developed a line down one side that disappears after about 15 minutes but it's under 5 year guarantee so called them about it. An engineer was sent out, decided the screen is knackered and they are now coming to pick it up for repair, may take up to a week. They don't even give you a replacement TV while it's way for repair. Called JL about it only to be told 'we don't provide that service, do you not have another TV in your house?' I can handle the fact they send things off for repair but surely providing some sort of replacement to minimise inconvenience wouldn't be beyond them?

Useless service as per, every company out there seems to exist putting the customer through the inconvenience while they just refuse to see any fault in their shite customer service. Have logged it as a complaint but i'm not exactly holding my breath at any favourable outcome.

So my TV was declared beyond repair and I had to choose a replacement. Since I got my old 46" one on sale I can't directly replace with the same size without having to fork out the balance so I'm having to downsize. Replacement chosen some 3 weeks ago and still not received as they only have one delivery a week to my area and the first one it was claimed no-one was in, second one never appeared either and when I called it transpired they were trying to deliver to my old address despite me actually telling them my new address during my initial contact about the bust TV. Next delivery available a week later, refused to entertain any demands for an earlier delivery.

I then tried to claim a refund which can't be given until they pick up the old TV, guess what - next pick up same day as the next available delivery...so as well waiting on new TV!

Due to arrive today, if it doesn't appear I'm going to be all cross.

Coleslaw on burgers is proper mint.

That's tea sorted.

Coleslaw, cheese and tomato sause in a sizzler stylee, yum.

A few weeks back I was in The Bassment. I was so pissed on departing that I didn't realise that I'd stumbled into some new takeaway NEXT to Sizzlers, as opposed to Sizzlers itself. The ensuing burger was a huge disappointment. :down:

Since I got my old 46" one on sale I can't directly replace with the same size without having to fork out the balance so I'm having to downsize.

This doesn't seem right to me...did you check they were allowed to do that? If so, it's awful. Large companies in general are just really, really bad. Especially utility providers.

So my TV was declared beyond repair and I had to choose a replacement. Since I got my old 46" one on sale I can't directly replace with the same size without having to fork out the balance so I'm having to downsize. Replacement chosen some 3 weeks ago and still not received as they only have one delivery a week to my area and the first one it was claimed no-one was in, second one never appeared either and when I called it transpired they were trying to deliver to my old address despite me actually telling them my new address during my initial contact about the bust TV. Next delivery available a week later, refused to entertain any demands for an earlier delivery.

I then tried to claim a refund which can't be given until they pick up the old TV, guess what - next pick up same day as the next available delivery...so as well waiting on new TV!

Due to arrive today, if it doesn't appear I'm going to be all cross.

Bin the whole deal and come and see me...

Coleslaw, cheese and tomato sause in a sizzler stylee, yum.

A few weeks back I was in The Bassment. I was so pissed on departing that I didn't realise that I'd stumbled into some new takeaway NEXT to Sizzlers, as opposed to Sizzlers itself. The ensuing burger was a huge disappointment. :down:

I've done that before, creating a disturbance cause there was no chips, chilli & cheese, until someone kindly pointed out I was in the wrong place, whoopsy!