aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

The smell of chips when there are no chips to be seen. Where's the chips?! I can smell them.

Fuck off, smell of chips.

Also on the subject of food smells, I had a bacon, brie and cranberry panini for lunch. Now I'm being haunted by the smell of cheese, I suspect it's from a melted brie and moustache interface during the eating of said panini.

Now lets get on with things before the mods close my favourite thread. I can see Frosty Jack lurking....

I'm not going to close it, but I felt the need to do a bit of weeding. We really didn't need the last two pages of 'banter', 'questioning of banter', 'explanation of banter' 'complaining about banter' followed by 'banter about the banter' etc etc. It's just hard work for anyone not involved and make the thread virtually unreadable while you wait for someone to get back to the point.

Let's get back to the point. Hating things.

• Upvote 1

I was brought up a rangers fan, my parents would cut off those balls i grew to support another team, for supporting another team.

There's one of my pet hates right there - families who demand their kids support 'the team' rather than let their children decide for themselves who they wish to support. And any additional sectarian pish that gets implanted at youth can get tae as well.

I was brought up a rangers fan, my parents would cut off those balls i grew to support another team, for supporting another team.

yeah i know what you mean, i was grounded for a week for coming home with a rangers top on, my dad put it simply, "you want to wear that fucking shite you can move out" i was 9.

Well actually i contradict myself my dad might actually do that if i came home in a Celtic top! any other team he wouldn't care, but it's the whole religion thing and how Celtic seem to think they are Irish (They play in the SPL!?) he finds he hates, not the steriotypical sectarianism blah blah blah.

They both have stupid reasons for hating each other that are so far in the past its unbelieveable. My old man wouldnt mind me wearing any other strip i dont think, but not the huns.

Guest idol_wild
Well actually i contradict myself my dad might actually do that if i came home in a Celtic top! any other team he wouldn't care, but it's the whole religion thing and how Celtic seem to think they are Irish (They play in the SPL!?) he finds he hates, not the steriotypical sectarianism blah blah blah.

I really shouldn't take the bait, but why do we see Ulster-themed flags from Rangers fans then? Rangers fans like to associate themselves with Northern Ireland as much as Celtic fans like to associate themselves with the Republic of Ireland (mainly).

You're all as fucking stupid as eachother, frankly.

To keep this on topic - my current pet hate: ignorant fans of the Old Firm. And I barely even follow Scottish football anymore!

Guest idol_wild
Is that Zander and Mackie at the bottom?

Nah, they look a little to, ahem, 'sheepish' to be either of them. Perhaps Chris Maguire and Ricky Foster, though.

In fact, I wish a bear really would maul those two. Maybe I'd pay to see Aberdeen Football Club again in that case.

Nah, they look a little to, ahem, 'sheepish' to be either of them. Perhaps Chris Maguire and Ricky Foster, though.

In fact, I wish a bear really would maul those two. Maybe I'd pay to see Aberdeen Football Club again in that case.

I wish a bear would maul the whole Aberdeen squad, and then Willy Miller replaced the team with Mr Blobby Look-a-likes, that is the only way I would go to Pisstodrie

Rangers do seem to associate themselves with being protestant/northern Ireland but i see significantly less of it as i do with Celtic. I do hate the protestant Vs. Catholic thing though, i have no interest in religion whatsoever and i just hate people saying stuff like "Oh so you must be a protestant then?" just wish i could watch football and discuss it without these associations being forced upon me!

maybe i should just support a different team...

the reason you see less is because the huns also fly english flags and union jacks at games along with the irish ones.

The religion thing is an issue with the Rangers side as well....I wasn't having a pop at you and your family, the whole thing just irks me, especially Celtic fans who have no actual Catholic beliefs but still jump on the bandwagon. Lotta pish.