aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

That reminded me of when I went to a Dons vs. Rangers game and was in the dick donald stand (boyfriend is a season ticket holder). I suppose it serves me right for being a weegie in the dick donald stand but the level of anti-glasgow abuse was pretty high. That's a pure hate, alright. I actually really liked how frequently Buckfast was slotted into songs. :p

I did smile to myself when the Dons were gubbed though ;) Against anyone else, I'm behind them, but my old love for Rangers is still burning somewhere in me... which makes it impossible for me to be a Dons fan. Hence, not really supoorting anyone.

The hatred between dons fans and huns is almost unsurpassed, i love it, my best pal is a fan of the scum and the banter is brilliant, especially when we cost you lot the league last season, best day of my life ever, my brother actually has photos on his wall of the goals, the dons fans at the end and one of the crying huns, my copies are on the way :)

That's another large batch of posts removed.

Try and stay on topic or at the very least stear clear of sexual harassment and the kind of personal abuse that just drives people from this site.

Chris, not trying to be a cock here, but sectarianism offends me greatly, so why aren't those threads removed from the site?

Enough to the extend where it could offend I guess

Where's the sectarianism? I see posts by people saying they hate sectarianism, but I don't see any sectarian posts. I think everyone is in agreement that religious bigotry is a bad thing and has no place in football, or this thread.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Where's the sectarianism? I see posts by people saying they hate sectarianism, but I don't see any sectarian posts. I think everyone is in agreement that religious bigotry is a bad thing and has no place in football, or this thread.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Well I'm being petty yeh, but you don't think there has been any bigotry in a few of these posts?

It doesn't bother me, I'll ignore anything that does. But there are parts of this thread which are just as off topic as the ones you deleted, yet this one remains. Just think all topics have to be treated fairly

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Well I'm being petty yeh, but you don't think there has been any bigotry in a few of these posts?

It doesn't bother me, I'll ignore anything that does. But there are parts of this thread which are just as off topic as the ones you deleted, yet this one remains. Just think all topics have to be treated fairly

Fucking hell min, get over it!!

By the way - Johnology. Have you ever been in Ibrox? Do you really think there's more religious nonsense from Celtic than Rangers? And you've never seen an England flag at a Rangers game? Do you watch football with your eyes closed?

Both used to be as bad as each other, but I think Celtic have managed to stamp it out sooner than Rangers (not eradicate it, it's still there unfortunately). Rangers protestant only signing policy existed until relevantly recently as far as I'm aware.

Celtic do have Irish roots, which is where all the Irish flags come from at games. I don't really buy into it though, the team is based in Glasgow and plays in the SPL and if any country's flag should be flown around the ground it should be the Scottish one. Saying that, there are a LOT of people who travel across from Ireland week in week out to watch Celtic. And a LOT of the Celtic support do come from a catholic background as the club you support is the sort of thing that gets handed down from generations gone by, the same as religion.

I do realise that an awful lot of Celtic fans will have never been to a church in their lives, and that a lot of them will have no Irish connections or catholic connection whatsoever, so that just makes it pathetic if they get involved in any of that nonsense.

Above all, I don't think religion has any place in football.

From a Rangers perspective, I have known Rangers fans who have absolutely no allegience to the church at all, but give it all the protestant bullshit, and got involved with the Orange Order. Absolutely pathetic - it stemmed directly from being a Rangers fan. Can't say if that's the norm or not, just what happened with a couple of my mates.

And as for the sectarian chanting at games etc - I do think Rangers are far worse for it than Celtic. Celtic used to be bad for it, but don't seem to chant much of anything anymore to be honest. Rangers have been in trouble because of it with UEFA in recent years.

Massively long post to say I think Johnology either never goes to Rangers matches, or never ever takes his eye off the pitch, and also uses earplugs.

And, on topic. Pet hate is also the bollocks that gets attached to Celtic and Rangers (and football in general). It's a bloody game. Have a bit of banter along the lines of "you're team's pish, Barry Ferguson is a fucking crab" and leave out the religious crap.

You weren't getting my point Calum, I couldn't give a toss about posts which are bigotry in content, if it offends me I'll look not read on. I just don't think it's fair, that one genre of topic is removed as it's deemed unsuitable, when others ain't, when the chances of offence being taken is similar

You weren't getting my point Calum, I couldn't give a toss about posts which are bigotry in content, if it offends me I'll look not read on. I just don't think it's fair, that one genre of topic is removed as it's deemed unsuitable, when others ain't, when the chances of offence being taken is similar

I completely got your point.

But life isn't fair, so you should just get over it, getting worked up about your posts being deleted on a forum is really not worth it. :)

really took the point a little to far with the essay i think.

Even with my essay, you've posted more meaningless words on this thread than I have ;)

My pet hates:

Political Correctness

European legislation that stops people selling cakes at school fairs etc cause they werent made by someone who has a cake-baking qualification. Get a grip.

The evolution of Reality TV - I'm sure it must have been a good idea at some point. But now its full of wankers and wannabe WAGS.

Intelligent people who have a big '0' in the common sense column.

Guitar players who dont carry spare strings. Then when one breaks you have to give them one of yours and then you're left with an incomplete set and then they buy you some as replacement but they aren't the same strings as you gave them in the first place! Jesus Yardley Christ boys, if I give you Hybrid Slinkys it means that I use Hybrid Slinkys. That means get me Hybrid Slinkys in return - not an equivalent from another manufacturer!

Pet hate:

Waiting.

I'm an impatient cunt.

And related:

Being late.

I hate being late for anything.

Further related.

People who make me late. Bastards.