aberdeen-music

Bets, bets, bets...

Adam Easy Wishes

To put it in laymans terms, decimal odds show the amount you'll get back for a 1 bet, including your stake back. Decimal odds of 4.00 translate to 3/1 - Your 3 winnings and the 1 stake.

Seemples! :up:

From what i understand its just the same fraction shown in decimal but with 1 added on. Where the 1 represents your original bet.

(i.e. 10 quid on at 1/2 = 10 quid on at (0.5 +1) = 10 x 1.5 = 15 quid)

I'm certainly no mathmetician so check this link: converting between traditional and decimal odds

Cheers for your help, I get it now :D

(to the bookies I go...)

• 2 weeks later...

First bet in puuure aaages... and it is a boring one.

20 on Chelsea to beat Coventry. 10 profit if they do.

Don't want to put money on any Scottish Cup games as i'll be cheering on the likes of Hamilton, Dunfermline and St Mirren... whereas my betting slip would've had the other teams down. Even though Falkirk are missing Arfield, Higdon and McNamara I think they are a fantastic bet at over 2/1; as we don't tend to do well against them at home, plus they have Steve Lovell (*shudders at those memories).

What i'm saying is don't put money on Caley today, we aren't going to pump Falkirk. We might sneak it, but i'd say a draw is more likely.

I've got a 10 treble on Caley, St Johnstone, and Peterhead. 60 back if it hits.

Your lot better not balls it up Paterson......

It'll be a tough game and i'm not confident of a crushing win, which the bookies and pundits seem to think will happen. We had massive slices of luck against Rangers and Hibs, but then were really unlucky with uncharacteristic errors v. Motherwell and Dundee United. I just hope the rub of the green goes our way...

I'll be interested to see what formation Falkirk put out, as they've been going with a 5-3-2 recently, and from past experience we tend to get beat when we're outnumbered in midfield or playing against unorthodox formations (hence our record against the Dons)

A 1-0 game decided by a set piece is my guess, but I can't decide who's more likely to take it.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I've got a cheeky fiver on six easy home wins, Birmingham, Cardiff, Leicester, Bradford, Everton and Rangers. Pays back 70 quid. Also stuck a fiver on six away wins- Man U, Watford, Reading, Wolves, MK Dons and Exeter. 740 quid return! Lol not really expecting that to come in but you never know. If it does come find me in town tonight and i'll buy you a pint!

It'll be a tough game and i'm not confident of a crushing win, which the bookies and pundits seem to think will happen. We had massive slices of luck against Rangers and Hibs, but then were really unlucky with uncharacteristic errors v. Motherwell and Dundee United. I just hope the rub of the green goes our way...

I'll be interested to see what formation Falkirk put out, as they've been going with a 5-3-2 recently, and from past experience we tend to get beat when we're outnumbered in midfield or playing against unorthodox formations (hence our record against the Dons)

A 1-0 game decided by a set piece is my guess, but I can't decide who's more likely to take it.

Booooooo :swearing:

Up 25 over the last few days betting on the Premiere League darts, the tennis and yesterday's fitba and eggchashing.

It's all going on a Celtic win in 90 mins today, along with the Sunday Mail free 5 Coral bet. Odds of 6/4 are rather good I think because...

Rangers makeshift defence will concede at least one goal today and I don't fancy Miller or Laughable to score. Huge pressure will be lumped on the likes of Mendes who hasn't kicked a ball in anger for a month, in addition to quite a few players who are also carrying knocks or are lacking match practice (Broadfoot, Novo, Whittaker). I'll go with a 1-0 Celtic win, Vinegar of Castlemilk getting the goal and Scott Brown getting MOTM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Question for all you gambling addicts... I'm looking to open an account with a new online betting site. Which is the best? last season I was using Stan James, which was alright but I've heard there are some you can actually watch some of the matches. any suggestions? it has to be one that is available overseas, not just the UK.

Check what sites are offering deals then crack on! A typical deal is a matched bet of your choice up to 50 (so if you put 50 on Aberdeen v Celtic, they'll give you 50 to put on another bet of your choice - only get to keep the winnings though!).

I would guess that you'll see these deals advertised to fuck the week prior to the first weekend of the season so if I were you I'd wait 'til then.