aberdeen-music

Bets, bets, bets...

Adam Easy Wishes

Went for

• 10 DNB on St Midden (1-0 down, but if they draw I get my 10 back)
  • 10 DNB Man City
  • 10 Rob Thornton win v. Tabern

So i'm 8ish up with Thornton winning so far, but St Mirren better up their game. Man City are looking dangerous when they have the ball, Stoke are looking dangerous at every set piece.

10 treble on Hull, Hibs, and West Lothian Bastard Franchise Scum. About 85 back.

:up:

Wasn't confident on Hibs, as they are missing the likes of Fletcher, Bamba and most likely Shields. No word on whether Porter is playing for Motherwell yet, since Derby and Cardiff are still battling it out for him.

Rory Delap sent off for Stoke :up:

Oh Christ!! Just seen our team sheet. 3 points for Celtic today 100% positive

25 on Celtic to win, with a DNB on Sunderland = 79 back if both come off. 35ish back if Sunderland draw and Celtic win.

what's a DNB? is that you win if they win and no bet if they draw?

just put 40 quid on barca. its all from my online account which, due to a good streak, i haven't topped up for months so in my mind its not real money.

what's a DNB? is that you win if they win and no bet if they draw?

just put 40 quid on barca. its all from my online account which, due to a good streak, i haven't topped up for months so in my mind its not real money.

Aye a DNB means you get winnings if it's a win, but you get your stake back if it is a draw. Got just over evens on Sunderland DNB win, which is pretty generous I think. The DNB odds are obviously less than you would get on a straight win, but it covers your back somewhat against last minute equalisers...

• 2 weeks later...

City have scored nine in their last two meetings with Pompey, with 9 different scorer. One win in their last 13 away games, while everyone knows exactly how piss-poor Pompey have been this season.

Statistically speaking, it's got "Draw" in big red letters all over it.

City better win though :up:

Can someone explain decimal odds to me? The bookies here all operate with them - and no matter how much I try, I still can't get to grips with how they convert to UK ones...

From what i understand its just the same fraction shown in decimal but with 1 added on. Where the 1 represents your original bet.

(i.e. 10 quid on at 1/2 = 10 quid on at (0.5 +1) = 10 x 1.5 = 15 quid)

I'm certainly no mathmetician so check this link: converting between traditional and decimal odds

To put it in laymans terms, decimal odds show the amount you'll get back for a 1 bet, including your stake back. Decimal odds of 4.00 translate to 3/1 - Your 3 winnings and the 1 stake.

Seemples! :up:

EDIT: Whoops, never saw the above.. Ach well, it's Sunday morning so I can't be expected to be awake