CFR Cluj v Arges Pitesti, CFR Cluj @ 1.22

Lokomotiv v Kuban, Lokomotiv @ 1.36

Partizan Belgrade v Hajduk Kula, Partizan Belgrade @ 1.10

Slovan Bratislava v Dubnica, Slovan Bratislava @ 1.20

Fenerbahce v Manisaspor, Fenerbahce @ 1.17

Shakhtar Donetsk v Zorya, Shakhtar Donetsk @ 1.10

Dynamo Kiev v Metalurg D, Dynamo Kiev @ 1.22

Returns 650, if it's still alive by the end of Sunday I'll be amazed :up:

Hmm... not a big fan of shoving heaps of money on loads of bankers. There's so much politics and team injuries/suspensions etc that you can never really be sure if it's a dead cert or not.

E.g. watching Barca last night, they were rotten. Ibrahimovic was absolutely stinking (which isn't a surprise to quite a few folk!). Whilst they will beat Gijon 9 times out of 10 at home, they have a habit of dropping points to the poorer teams in the league.

Fair play if it comes off though! I've not done any proper research into my bet this weekend, just blind faith and a bit of fun since it's a coincidence. The night after the 2-1 win over Rangers was incredible, so i'm hoping today brings similar results!

Then plumped for a cheeky lucky 15: Fulham 0-2 Chelsea, Rotherham 2-1 Rochdale, Burnley 1-2 Everton, Cardiff 2-1 Bristol City, 10p bets making a total stake of 1.50. Got the first two bang on which returned 7 odd, had all 4 been correct I'd have taken home 538! Reckon if everton had scored the pen they'd have went on to win that as well...

Went for another '2-1' sunday lucky 15 this weekend, With Villa, Everton, City and Hearts as the winners (all@13/2).

Everton came up, St Johnstone scored a last minute equaliser to do me out of another cheeky double, thought Fulham might have sneaked a goal v Villa, City were largely disappointing!

75p loss in total on the bet, takes me down to 138.75 in the pot.

2 weeks of night shifts coinciding with the US open... dodgy internet streams + bet365 here we come. Murray match in about half an hour, I've got a fiver on him to take it in 3 sets. As well as Sharapova to win in 2 and Ivanovic to win. Got a bunch of others on too, there is some decent money to be made with well chosen accas and I don't foresee many surprises.

Haven't fancied anything for a good while... Thought about Hibs to beat Hamilton at the weekend - glad I stayed clear!

Bet 1: 6 on Nottingham Forest vs Bradford City at 1/2 = 3 winnings = 9 in the pot

Bet 2: 9 on Over 2.5 Goals Chelsea vs Hull City at 1/2 = 4.50 winnings = 13.50 in the pot

Bet 3: 13.50 on Sampdoria vs Lecce at 1/2 = 6.75 winnings = 20.25 in the pot

Bet 4: 20.25 on Rangers vs Hearts at 1/2 = 10.12 winnings = 30.37 in the pot

Bet 5: 30.37 on Blackburn vs Gillingham at 1/2 = 15.18 winnings = 45.55 in the pot

Bet 6: 45.55 on Lyon vs Fiorentina at 1/2 = 22.77 winnings = 68.32 in the pot

8-)

Haven't fancied anything for a good while... Thought about Hibs to beat Hamilton at the weekend - glad I stayed clear!

Bet 1: 6 on Nottingham Forest vs Bradford City at 1/2 = 3 winnings = 9 in the pot

Bet 2: 9 on Over 2.5 Goals Chelsea vs Hull City at 1/2 = 4.50 winnings = 13.50 in the pot

Bet 3: 13.50 on Sampdoria vs Lecce at 1/2 = 6.75 winnings = 20.25 in the pot

Bet 4: 20.25 on Rangers vs Hearts at 1/2 = 10.12 winnings = 30.37 in the pot

Bet 5: 30.37 on Blackburn vs Gillingham at 1/2 = 15.18 winnings = 45.55 in the pot

Bet 6: 45.55 on Lyon vs Fiorentina at 1/2 = 22.77 winnings = 68.32 in the pot

8-)

Motherfucker, you're doing it wrong. Bet on long shots at a good price. High variance, better reward. It's impossible to win long term at sports betting by betting on 'sure things'. The money comes from betting against the favourites. The only value is in getting a good price...that is all you should care about. If you get, to give a really obvious example, a good price on Burnley vs Man U at Turf Moor, then take it. It aint about if you think Burnley will win, it's about whether or not there's a 1-in-X chance that they'll win. I didn't think that Blackburn would finish above Man City this season, but I thought there a better than 1-in-4 chance of it happening. I got a good price, so I backed it.

Fuck me, what with you not switching your box vs the banker and betting on 'sure things', it's a miracle you aint busto yet

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...