aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

Im lost, where did this looper pedal come from? Did you really swap a guitar for a pedal ,just because you didnt think you could get it on the bus? Was this guy just hanging around the bus station with a looper pedal in his hands waiting for the right person to come along and take it off him?

So many questions. 

Edited by The Milner

Okay, so the guy wanted his guitar back so I traded it back then went to the bus station and asked the driver how full the bus was and he said it was packed. So I went to red dog music where I traded it for a looper. Now I traded the looper for a jamman and practice amp as I prefer the jamman.

So you decided (at least 30 minutes before the bus was due to leave, although I question your timing and I'm only allowing 10 mins for the swap), to go to St Andrews Station, ask the driver if hypothetically he would have room when the bus had filled up (which it wouldn't have by then) to carry a guitar that was basically the same size as the one you'd already travelled down with, be told no (even though it seems unlikely he could see into the future or that you couldn't at least get a later bus, or even a train, given the amount you stood to lose), at which you walked down to the Grassmarket, brokered a swap based on physical size rather than value, walked back to the bus station and headed home.

I am genuinely interested now. This is the bartering equivalent of an Escher drawing.

I can't understand why you didn't tell the bus driver to 'f*** off' and sit around at a cafe to wait for another bus. I don't think anyone would think 'I better go swap it for a loop pedal' to then swap again with a different pedal. Also, you made a massive loss too! The f*** is going on, son!?

Edited by brettthain1