aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

Had a Taylor 214 and was unimpressed although each guitar is different so I wouldnt rule out another taylor at some point.. I have never owned an acoustic like my old takamine En 40.. Japanese acoustic and I owned it for over a decade. I would have to dig deep in my pockets to match its sound and that wont happen soon lol

Had a Taylor 214 and was unimpressed although each guitar is different so I wouldnt rule out another taylor at some point.. I have never owned an acoustic like my old takamine En 40.. Japanese acoustic and I owned it for over a decade. I would have to dig deep in my pockets to match its sound and that wont happen soon lol

I'm really picky with my acoustics so if I don't like it I'll tell him that, part that's got me really exited is I get the Taylor gig bag so I can carry it about and it looks like I have an expensive guitar.

Went down to Edinburgh and trade. We traded then I get a call from him an hour later telling me that it wasn't picking up the e and b string on the amp which is utter crap as I was playing it the other day. So I trade back, take the takamine to red dog and try it out and was working fine. Couldn't take the takamine back on the bus so had to trade it for a looper. Waste of my fucking time and money.

Went down to Edinburgh and trade. We traded then I get a call from him an hour later telling me that it wasn't picking up the e and b string on the amp which is utter crap as I was playing it the other day. So I trade back, take the takamine to red dog and try it out and was working fine. Couldn't take the takamine back on the bus so had to trade it for a looper. Waste of my fucking time and money.

Did you get him to show you the problem when you went back? If you were sure it worked fine he may have been stupid or something. looks like he got cold feet after the deal to me. Also taking the Taylor back in the boot in just a gig bag would have surely been a bit risky too I would have thought... 

Did you get him to show you the problem when you went back? If you were sure it worked fine he may have been stupid or something. looks like he got cold feet after the deal to me. Also taking the Taylor back in the boot in just a gig bag would have surely been a bit risky too I would have thought...

taylor would've fit in over head, with the takamine being a jumbo it was way too wide and kept slipping out at every turn especially with no case there was no grip.

Yeah I also think cold feet. He said it wasn't picking up the e and b string but picked up fine on the tuner which is attached to the peizo and it wouldn't pick up those strings if it wasn't working would it?

Edited by Moon Moon

Makes sense on the sizes. I'm no expert on built in tuners so don't have a clue. If I was to guess I'd say it may depend on whether the tuner has an independent mic that picks up the sound or if the tuner takes its sound from the pickup.

Anyway nae luck and hope you get sorted with a replacement soon.  

What on earth is going on? You swapped a guitar for a looper you didn't want after getting the bus to Edinburgh because, although you took an acoustic down on the bus, you couldn't take one back?! That sounds completely batshit mental. Even if it's a jumbo, put it between your legs (oo-er) and take it home. Madness.