aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

I have the same Paisley strat but I changed from a hss configuration to a sss but with the awesome lindy fralin blues specials. If you want to go back to hss I still have the original pickguard and pickups here.

I'm definately changing it at one point to just standard SSS once I get the cash as I don't like humbuckers on a strat. Eyeing up mojo pickups again but I'm skint.

Was it an absolute bargain or something? I don't get why you'd splurge on something so weirdly modified then spend time and more dough to essentially make it into a standard Mexican strat.

cost me an amp and that customised acoustic. Personally I think it's ugly with 4 pickups and with the white pick guard

I think a mex fender strat in trade for THAT poker chip guitar and an amp that's had the speakers fecked about with has to be a step up! I only hope the scalloping was done properly (Why??) and the frets aren't completely worn on the neck or it'll be needing money spent on a refret. At least the 4 pickup scratchplate mod is easily changed!

Personally I think the scalloping would have put most people off buying it?