aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

or alternatively find a pub that shows setanta and the crucial conference play off six pointer between arch rivals histon and cambridge united at possibly the worst ground in the history of bad grounds - the arseworld stadium. it will be blood and thunder tonight!

Haha, my Leeds supporting friend would not appreciate watching the team that knocked them out of the FA cup!! She turns a purple shade of rage everytime you say the word 'Histon' to her!

her and me both, they're not even really a rival but play just outside cambridge and have had loads of money pumped into them, hence their rise through the non league pyramid in recent seasons. we always refer to them as 'the village team' cos thats what they are! i wasnt suprised leeds lost there its a horrible place to go and play, the pitch is pathetic and most of their 'fans' are cambridge turncoats who started supporting them when we got dumped out of the league!

we've only won once their in five attempts (three in the FA Trophy) in recent seasons, one victory was on pens in the cambridgeshire professional cup pre seson so that hardly counts! and when we won there in december in the FA Trophy it was against 9 men with a stoppage time winner after they missed a late penalty!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
her and me both, they're not even really a rival but play just outside cambridge and have had loads of money pumped into them, hence their rise through the non league pyramid in recent seasons. we always refer to them as 'the village team' cos thats what they are! i wasnt suprised leeds lost there its a horrible place to go and play, the pitch is pathetic and most of their 'fans' are cambridge turncoats who started supporting them when we got dumped out of the league!

I also detest Histon. Purely because of the name, what a stupid fucking name for a football team. If you don't know what I mean, say it out loud.

Like Stichman, I'm not exactly optimistic about knocking Tango Bastard out of the Cup although stopping him from getting his Hampden Final would be sporting nirvana...

i detest them even more after they nabbed a late equalizer in a game we should really have won. they're just the most annoying fucking team ever!

Not as annoying as Americanisations creeping in though :p

We had a mental first half at the weekend - 2-0 down after 10 mins, pulled it back to 2-2, then went 3-2 down before levelling on the stroke of half-time.

Unsurprisingly, the second half was utter bobbins

you are used to watching that drivel that rangers serve up. I'm sure you will cope

Zing!

Rangers v. ICT at Snake Mountain tomorrow. Here's hoping we can get something from the game and I can have a bit of bragging rights over the soapdodging fans at work :up:

Well... I'm back. And I'm thawing out. The snow is horrible. Last half hour was quite exciting and I think the stewards thought there was going to be a pitch invasion when Aberdeen got their last minute equaliser!! Nice little stadium that St Mirren have got, but I wouldn't recommend sitting near the front.

We managed to avoid a total humping from Man United even with Alan Smith and Geremi in central midfield. There's no way I can call another loss a "good result," but 2-1 against the best team in the country isn't too bad. Our run-in is looking pretty deadly though:-

Hull (a)

Arsenal (h)

Chelsea (h)

Stoke (a)

Tottenham (a)

Pompey (h)

Liverpool (a)

Boro (h)

Fulham (h)

Villa (a)

I really have no clue what's going to happen because there's some terrifying fixtures there. We're always pretty abysmal against fellow in-the-shit teams and we'll probably only be able to grind out a draw against Hull and Stoke. I fancy us to do some damage against Spurs (ALWAYS seem to play well against these gits, regardless of form) and Pompey but the rest I'm not so sure about. Usually we play half-decent against the big four but Liverpool raped us a few months back and Chelsea are grinding the results out at the moment. Boro are even worse than us at the moment and we could definitely take the points from that one, but Fulham are a solid team who are very hard to break down (Hodgson's done a great job imo) and Villa are a class act but they've been slipping recently.

This is a scary position to be in. I'm calling 17th. Stay up by 1 point or something.

Great results for both the Heed and City tonight! Heed up to third after a 3-0 win and need to consolidate with three straight home games.

City winning 2-0 against Villa is a bonus, up to 8th now, and that's despite Robbie, the Welsh Wizard and Mr Bling all being out injured. Get in!

Also well chuffed for Inverness!

• Upvote 1

Y'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!!!!!!!1

I'm just in from the final 5-aside game of the season, where we secured 2nd place. Then find out we beat the Huns at Ibrox... in injury time!!! Fantastic times!!! Most of the subway loyal will have missed the goal I bet ;)

Can't wait for work tomorrow; think i've been there long enough now to get away with wearing my Caley top for a bit during classes :)

Opening up the champagne which has been on ice since the Scotland v. Italy game in 2007. This is only the 3rd time booze has passed my lips this year... Yaaaaaayyyyy!!!! Y'assss!!!!! Graeme Souness, Walter Smith, Chic Young, John Smeaton, Graham Dott, Queen Elizabeth, Andy Fordham YOUR BOYS TOOK A HELL OF A BEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!1!!!~!!!! :)

• Upvote 1

Celebration update:

Ankle is in the champagne ice bucket trying to reduce the swelling; gained from victimisation on the 5-aside pitch; bottle of champagne is nearly finished; and i'm loving the threads on PieandBovril.com and Caleythistleonline.com! Away to make sure i've got my ICT strip ready for tomorrow and waiting patiently for the highlights to appear on bbc.co.uk/football.

My ankle ligaments and burst lip are mega sore, but tonight has been immense :)