aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

:moody:

Strikers that can also play as wingers? Centre halves that can also play as strikers? Wikipedia fails to cover these obvious freaks.

It also says that the best way to cook a steak is in a pan but sometimes I use a George Foreman grill. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?! ;)

I'm fed up of trying to point out that those are different positions with different objectives. If a defender is playing as a striker, his position on the pitch dictates that he is supposed to be the main goalscoring threat a la Kevin McKenna when he was at Hearts. They aren't playing as a Striker when they are playing in another position on the pitch. What about that do you find hard to understand? If it wasn't for the fact that i know you're a man, i'd swear you were a girl. ;)

At the end of the day im sure Lee Miller is happy doing the job that is required of him in a more successful team. He's adapted very well to the step up in class i would say.

I don't remember saying Dundee United were better/more successful than Aberdeen. Regardless, there will always be two teams in Scotland better than Aberdeen and that keeps me happy ;)

All you Dons and Arabs chat is rotten :up:

Just to cheer us up after hearing our Scotland injury concerns, Macedonia will be missing brothers Robert Popov and Goran Popov. One plays with Auxerre and and other Heerenveen so must be handy. They have called up Kirkan Broadfootov as a replacement. Similar reaction from fans in Macedonia.

My chat is worse I know. Been a long day...

I like these new Man City owners and their process of picking their transfer targets. It seems like they are just naming the players they can score from outside of the box with on Pro Evo.

He smashes one in from 30 yards out with Fabregas... "BRING HIM TO ME!"

It's like that episode of the Simpsons where Mr Burns witnesses Frank Grimes' relentless work ethic documented on TV, demanding he come work for him, then the next day, he's distracted by the herocism of some dog.

Hopefully they'll stick to writing cheques and playing Pro Evo and leave the thought process to Mark Hughes.

I like these new Man City owners and their process of picking their transfer targets. It seems like they are just naming the players they can score from outside of the box with on Pro Evo.

He smashes one in from 30 yards out with Fabregas... "BRING HIM TO ME!"

It's like that episode of the Simpsons where Mr Burns witnesses Frank Grimes' relentless work ethic documented on TV, demanding he come work for him, then the next day, he's distracted by the herocism of some dog.

Hopefully they'll stick to writing cheques and playing Pro Evo and leave the thought process to Mark Hughes.

My mate made a deal with Jimmy Calderwood that if he discovered any decent youngsters in Football Manager 2007 Jimmy would take a look at them.

That explains Dan Smith anyway.*

That's a true story by the way. Except the Dan Smith bit.

I'll give Burley credit: he's honest and talks a good game...

After Burley was hit by six call-offs before the World Cup qualifying double-header against FYR Macedonia and Iceland, the Rangers defender was called in to the squad along with keeper Jamie Langfield and midfielder Michael Stewart.

Burley revealed Broadfoot's performance against Aiden McGeady in Sunday's Old Firm win at Parkhead confirmed his place in the squad.

He said: "It's great to see somebody, you've got to say maybe with limited ability, who has really worked hard at his game and progressed and held his own in Europe.

"Kirk is a player who has progressed. Going from St Mirren to Rangers has been a big test for him.

"But he commanded a regular place in the Rangers team all last season and played in their European games and saw on Sunday how much he has improved as a full-back.

"I was at the game and I thought he was outstanding against Aiden McGeady, who is one of the best wide players in Britain.

"He is determined character and we need those type of people away from home, especially in World Cup qualifying games.

"So I had no hesitation in bringing him to the squad."

Still feel a bit weird about Clubfoot being in the squad; but his attitude and effort could not be faulted. Let's hope he learns how to take a throw this week though!!

See the filthy huns not just content with a win had to kick the fuck out of Neil Lennon as well.

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Glasgow, Lanarkshire and West | Lennon knocked out during attack

....Aaaaaaaaaaand the inevitable Sellik retaliation. I wish those old firm cunts would learn to leave it on the fucking pitch.

Probe after Novo address revealed | Scottish Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

Police are investigating after the home address of Rangers star Nacho Novo was posted on the internet, sparking fears for his safety.

Rangers are reported to have called in security guards to patrol outside Novo's home and a complaint has been made to police.

The address was posted on the unofficial website as Celtic fans discussed reprisals for an attack on coach Neil Lennon following Sunday's Old Firm match.

Novo, 29, who joined Rangers in 2004, told the Daily Record: "This is my home, my family stay here and no-one will mess with my family."

Rangers said they would not comment on the incident.

A police spokeswoman said: "A complaint has been made to Strathclyde Police with regard to the content of a website.

"Police inquiries are continuing into the matter."

Novo, who turned down a transfer to Celtic before joining Rangers, has been targeted in the past. He complained to police after a death threat was daubed near his former home in 2004.

Vandals sprayed 'Novo RIP' on a fence outside his flat in Inverkip, Renfrewshire, following a win over Celtic.

The player has also had his car tyres slashed in the past.

Lennon was attacked by two men as he walked home from an evening out with friends following the club's 4-2 home defeat at the weekend.

Police confirmed that there was a "sectarian element" to the incident in Glasgow's Ashton Lane, in which Lennon was said to have been knocked unconscious.

Just been reading about the Napoli fans getting banned from all away matches this season, thanks to their actions in the opening game of the season. Usual Ultra violence and destruction; including the complete trashing of a train and station...

You don't actually see the damage in the clip, but I wouldn't like to have been one of those riot cops!

Just been reading about the Napoli fans getting banned from all away matches this season, thanks to their actions in the opening game of the season. Usual Ultra violence and destruction; including the complete trashing of a train and station...

You don't actually see the damage in the clip, but I wouldn't like to have been one of those riot cops!

Napoli fans have quite a reputation. Was also reading that Milan fans have been banned from travelling to Genoa on Sunday. Serie A's going to lose the crowds entirely if the police don't get a hold of things. Pretty much any time supporters travel in large numbers they totally fail to deal with it.

in football manager you have forwards and strikers. ?

Hey, do you know how to make a forward into a striker? I have the guy at the foremost position but he's still a forward, when striker is his best role - at least according to my scout who is, admittedly, a bit suspect.

(I'm not sure if it'll even make that much difference but he's certainly not banging them in as a forward and Albion Rovers remain rooted to the foot of division three).

Hey, do you know how to make a forward into a striker? I have the guy at the foremost position but he's still a forward, when striker is his best role - at least according to my scout who is, admittedly, a bit suspect.

(I'm not sure if it'll even make that much difference but he's certainly not banging them in as a forward and Albion Rovers remain rooted to the foot of division three).

have you tried to train him in a striker position through his personal training menu, can't remember off the top of my head whether it differentiates between FC and SC, it might work.

If you have FC's instead of SC's, I would always advise that you keep play to short passing and passing through the centre, you will find that they will be more involved with play and score/assist more goals. It could also be that you are using Willie Martin :laughing:

Good stats for finishing, positioning, heading etc make a good striker, I tend to find forwards are pretty decent at scoring goals, there's not much difference between them in a strikers role, however you can play forwards in behind the front two and they'll do pretty well for you there as well. I play the old Shearer / Owen system, ie one big tall bloke basically standing still on the edge of the box heading down crosses and a little fast guy running off him. It seems to work well, I also play an attacking midfielder behind the front two who runs into the box from time to time and takes shots from outside the box, if you get a player there with good creativity and long shots you're laughing.

He is by nature a striker, but I'm apparently picking him as a forward, even though I'm putting him as far up the park as possible. Probably doesn't make an actual difference to play, but as a player who's relatively good in the league, Kenny Wright simply isn't supplying the goods - going to have a very tough decision when his contract runs out.

Guest idol_wild
He is by nature a striker, but I'm apparently picking him as a forward, even though I'm putting him as far up the park as possible. Probably doesn't make an actual difference to play, but as a player who's relatively good in the league, Kenny Wright simply isn't supplying the goods - going to have a very tough decision when his contract runs out.

Ah - that's just what SI have called the striking position, FC, when it comes to selecting the formation on the tactics screen.