aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Short Circuit 2 but not number 1! Amazing.

And Police Academy 4!

Yeah! I've never even seen the first 3 I don't think! But I must have seen 4 like 30 or 40 times. I had 5 as well, I didn't like it as much, though I did watch it quite a lot too. It was taped off the telly and the video cut off the last five minutes. So I still don't know how it ends.

I would watch at least two films a day usually, dunno why it never occured to me to get more films.

Aladdin - Confession. I've only ever seen two Disney animated movies, The Jungle Book and Snow White, and both of them were when I was about 5.

Go and source Robin Hood (animated), Dumbo, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Fox and the Hound, Pocahontas and watch them. The best thing you'll do all year.

'The Jungle Book' is the best Disney film.

I wish I could go back to seeing 'Die Hard' for the first time. That was awesome. The 3rd one is amazing. The 4th one made me sad but after watching again I found it a bit better. Still not great but better than viewing with too much expectation.

'RED' is not any way 'Die Hard' related but it's a good, fun Bruce Willis film. And it has ageing babe Helen Mirren shooting big f**k off machine guns. Rarr.

The Lion King closely followed by Aladdin. I regularly sing songs from both when I am drunk. My favourites are "I Just Can't Wait to be King" from TLK and "A Whole New World" from Aladdin.

Spot on with the best two songs.

"Be Prepared" and "One Jump Ahead" come close respectively. But not close enough, obviously.

Spot on with the best two songs.

"Be Prepared" and "One Jump Ahead" come close respectively. But not close enough, obviously.

Shaki and I do the dual vocals on A Whole New World pretty well. "A whole new world (don't you dare close your eyes). A new fantas*tic point of view *(hold you breath it gets better)..."

:up:

'The Jungle Book' is the best Disney film.

It is. I haven't seen most of them in ages to rank them properly but in the top tier of Disney films I'd put:

Jungle Book, Dumbo, Snow White, Sword in the Stone, Lion King, Dumbo, Sleeping Beauty, Pinocchio, Aladdin.

Others like 101 Dalmations, Aristocats, Lady and the Tramp etc are good in their own right but they're Europa League films compared to the Champions listed above.

Orphan - Read some pretty scathing reviews of this so wasn't expecting much. Was very pleasantly surprised then to find a very enjoyable thriller / horror. In short, picture-perfect US family adopt a creepy as fuck Russian orphan girl; bad shit ensues. It's pretty slow paced, but lots of twists and turns in the plot keep it interesting, and although the final big "reveal" is a bit ridiculous, it doesn't detract from what is a gripping, chilling and watchable movie.

the%20orphan.jpg

Thor

Fucking awesome. Excellent casting. Anthony Hopkins blew my expectations out of the water as Odin. One or two incidents with dodgy CGI which is IMHO in a modern day blockbuster completely inexcusable. Otherwise, flawless.

If Captain America and the Avengers movies are that good I'll be a happy, happy bastard.

9/10

xx

Orphan - Read some pretty scathing reviews of this so wasn't expecting much. Was very pleasantly surprised then to find a very enjoyable thriller / horror. In short, picture-perfect US family adopt a creepy as fuck Russian orphan girl; bad shit ensues. It's pretty slow paced, but lots of twists and turns in the plot keep it interesting, and although the final big "reveal" is a bit ridiculous, it doesn't detract from what is a gripping, chilling and watchable movie.

A bit fucking ridiculous?

CGI'ing a young girl actress to look like a middle aged woman, who is disguised as a young girl who has put on makeup to look older to seduce the dad. Also the UV paint fucking mural.

Torrente: El Brazo Tonto de la Ley

One of the most successful Spanish films ever but I couldn't really tell why. It was alright, funny enough, but nothing special. 6/10

Raiders of the Lost Ark - Everyone knows about this obviously. I've never been as big of fan of these movies as many people but it is still a great film. 8.5/10

Watching Lethal Weapon right now. Never seen it before.