aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

watched Bank Job on holiday, thought the worst when i saw jason stathom's name on it, voiced my concerns that I couldn't understand why my dad had ordered it on easyCinema when i spied it at his house, but bro's gf said "ah i thought it was okay", he later gave dropped the dvd to me and reiterated my suspicions with "not sure why i got this as it's got that jason stathom guy in it, can you watch it and let me know if it's any good!"

okay long story shit over.

i was quite interested in this film after seeing the "based on a true story" bit and do indeed think it was a decent movie considering it wasn't all action stathom on a fighting mission that i'd expected. my reviews are pish, i won't divulge anymore, the truth will come out 2054 i think!

watched Bank Job on holiday, thought the worst when i saw jason stathom's name on it, voiced my concerns that I couldn't understand why my dad had ordered it on easyCinema when i spied it at his house, but bro's gf said "ah i thought it was okay", he later gave dropped the dvd to me and reiterated my suspicions with "not sure why i got this as it's got that jason stathom guy in it, can you watch it and let me know if it's any good!"

okay long story shit over.

i was quite interested in this film after seeing the "based on a true story" bit and do indeed think it was a decent movie considering it wasn't all action stathom on a fighting mission that i'd expected. my reviews are pish, i won't divulge anymore, the truth will come out 2054 i think!

It's Statham. Can't beat a bit of the Stat-man.

So, when these new 3D TV's come out, are they just going to be adding this artificial 3D effect on everything? Or is it just going to be very limited until more things are filmed in 3D?

The Monkey Hoose had an ad in the window for a 3-D footy match being shown, what the fuck? Are pubs now going to be flogging 3-D specs and be full of folk looking like something out of Blakes 7? While those who choose to opt out feel like they are having an aneurysm when they look at the tellies?

The Monkey Hoose had an ad in the window for a 3-D footy match being shown, what the fuck? Are pubs now going to be flogging 3-D specs and be full of folk looking like something out of Blakes 7? While those who choose to opt out feel like they are having an aneurysm when they look at the tellies?

Also surely those 3D glasses would give you a headache if you were already a bit pished...

It's Statham. Can't beat a bit of the Stat-man.

Be-ba-ba-bada-bo.

Watched The Science of Sleep the other night, which I quite enjoyed, although I'd say my interest in it petered out maybe ten minutes before the end. Also watched that 'Complete History of my Sexual Failures' thing that was on FilmFour on Saturday night, which I thought was largely pish and really unfocused.

3D Tellys

I'm totally sick of hearing about 3D TV (and films). For the past two years every magazine, tech show and major manufacturer has been progressively ramming it down our throats. It will never be a financial success because even a divvy like me can see so many hurdles that no amount of hype could overcome: no official standard yet, compatibility issues with current home equipment, a ridiculous high price tag, stupid glasses (unless you watch it on your own on some TVs), negative effects on people's eyes/brain, and most importantly - being nothing more than a faddy gimmick.

It's failed so often in the past: 1950s, 1970s, it chipped away all through the 1990s to no great effect. This is the fourth coming of 3D and as mentioned earlier everyone's trying to cash in by doing it on the cheap and botching it - which isn't doing the effect any favours.

I simply can't fathom why so many companies are ploughing millions into a doomed technology, that's a niche of a niche. What's even worse is that in the UK HDTV hasn't really matured much in the past few years.

The whole idea is supposed to be a novelty, everyone seems to be forgetting that!

Interesting graphic below of the % of people with HDTV/Blu Rays in West Europe at the moment.

blu-ray-hdtv-western-europe-penetration.jpeg

• Upvote 1

That's an interesting picture 'n' all but it does kinda leave out the fact that having a Blu-Ray player isn't the only way of getting HD content on your tellybox so it's a fallacy to say that all HD ready TVs owned by non Blu-Ray owning people are starved of full HD content.

There's probably a more concise way of saying that but my brain is in a fuzz after the vat of coffee I just drank.

I thought it would knock something like 100 off... of the big ones anyway.

Yeah, but i wouldn't attribute that to 3D TVs as they are limited to the much higher spec TVs anyway. Just natural price decrease. You'll have your basic LCD, then Edge-lit LED (still an LCD screen), then Back-lit LED (Still an LCD screen), then your 3D sets.

*cough* there will be a trade-in on old TVs again pretty soon as well *cough*

Kick-Ass

Pretty ace. Wrong on many levels but ace. Hit Girl was amazing. Nicolas Cage in 'unshit film' shocker. 9/10.

Rescue Dawn

Christian Bale as an American pilot shot down over Vietnam and captured on his first mission, film charts his capture, imprisonment with other Americans and escape attempt. It was OK, looks good but I found Bale's performance irritating at times. 7/10.

Escape From Alcatraz

Clint Eastwood movie. Title says it all really. Not seen in years, still OK. Curiosity value in that Mr. Heckels from 'Friends' plays a main role. 8/10.

Finally watched The Room all the way through. Holy shitting fuck.

Is that the one about a weird family with a wheelchair-bound person with Downs Syndrome?

If so, here's the WORST line I've ever read in any movie review (from IMDB)

"His dysfunctional family neglects him and is composed by his violent father Max, who is a frustrated composer unable to sell his compositions"