aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

got the damned united on the way, bloody bank holiday today so no bloody post and due to striking postman down here, me dvd's havent been coming as regularly as i'd like.

last film i watched was death proof since i'm going to see inglorious basterds tomorrow. have to say like a fine wine, death proof gets better with age.

I loved it....I watched the documentary called Clough 2009 straight after it which just finished it all off bloody nicely....I highly reccomend both.

I loved it....I watched the documentary called Clough 2009 straight after it which just finished it all off bloody nicely....I highly reccomend both.

the damned united never arrived today which pissed me well off, hopefully should come tomorrow along with the last three episodes of tutti frutti.

so the last film i watched was inglorious basterds which was bloody fantastic, watching jackie brown tonight (on pause at the moment!) so that will officially become the last film i watched later tonight.

the damned united never arrived today which pissed me well off, hopefully should come tomorrow along with the last three episodes of tutti frutti.

so the last film i watched was inglorious basterds which was bloody fantastic, watching jackie brown tonight (on pause at the moment!) so that will officially become the last film i watched later tonight.

I absolutely love Jackie Brown. Tarantino's most underrated film and De Niro is class. I'm gonna have to wait a while to see inglorious basterds because it's only out in dubbed version here for the moment. Dubbed films are the worse thing since sliced shit. I hate them with a passion.

I watched the 80's-tastic Jim Belushi vehicle, Taking Care of Business last night. The film is so 80's that the plot actually revolves around a filofax. I saw it on some list of comedies somewhere and had never heard of it so felt compelled to give it a watch. For me, it is one of those rare films that are so bad they are good. I general hate shoddy films you laugh at rather than with but this one is a masterpiece of cheese. In years to come I'm sure they will study this film to show how films were made back then, it literally ticks every box for an 80s film. It is what the words 'high jinx' and 'schtick' were invented for.

loveable cheeky chappie... check!

stressed out yuppie exec... check!

Sexy daughter of yuppie's boss in tight lycra cocktail dress... check!

Attempts to impress Japanese businesmen ending in mild slapstick... check!

Poor guy/slob playing with gadgets in rich man's mansion to comical effect (fumbling of remote controls, drinks cabinets popping up unexpectedly from concealed places, etc)... check!

A case of mistaken identity that in reality would be sorted out in five minutes but instead is spread out over 80... check!

seriously, watch it, it is great. :up:

finally saw the damned united this morning and wasnt disappointed, some nice extras on the dvd as well. great performances all round but thats no suprise since they caster some of the finest acting talent we have - sheen, roeves, meaney, spall and broadbent.

I watched the 80's-tastic Jim Belushi vehicle, Taking Care of Business last night. The film is so 80's that the plot actually revolves around a filofax. I saw it on some list of comedies somewhere and had never heard of it so felt compelled to give it a watch. For me, it is one of those rare films that are so bad they are good. I general hate shoddy films you laugh at rather than with but this one is a masterpiece of cheese. In years to come I'm sure they will study this film to show how films were made back then, it literally ticks every box for an 80s film. It is what the words 'high jinx' and 'schtick' were invented for.

loveable cheeky chappie... check!

stressed out yuppie exec... check!

Sexy daughter of yuppie's boss in tight lycra cocktail dress... check!

Attempts to impress Japanese businesmen ending in mild slapstick... check!

Poor guy/slob playing with gadgets in rich man's mansion to comical effect (fumbling of remote controls, drinks cabinets popping up unexpectedly from concealed places, etc)... check!

A case of mistaken identity that in reality would be sorted out in five minutes but instead is spread out over 80... check!

seriously, watch it, it is great. :up:

If memory serves, it was actualy called Filofax on release, in the UK anyaway.

watched mysterious island on channel 4 this afternoon and it was bloody brilliant, the special effects by ray harryhausen still look pretty neat today and it was made in 1961!

Ray Harryhausen is a God :p I have some of his stuiff on blu-Ray and it still looks great in hi def, and still the only "celebrity" I ever met who I was really nervous about meeting, he also let me play with one of his skeletons, which was very cool :)

The Final Destination - Yawn, Piss boring, crap

This film is awful.

Its almost as so they were thinking right, it doesnt matter how shit the actors are, how rubbish the scenes are cause it will be IN 3D.

Woopie fuckin do, this film is just totally laughable and ridiculous!

I had to laugh when one minute "the next one to die", is attempting suicide, including necking sleeping pills and hanging himself, none of which work. Theres a knock at the door to tell him that its all over. He immediately breaks out the pear cider and starts celebrating as if nothing bad has happened ever!

Another one is when one of the threesome thats still left mates get's killed. They again think they have broken the chain, whooohoo. They then completely forget that there friend is dead and start packing to go travelling!

Go see this film if you want to laugh at how bad the film is or avoid at all cost!

This film is awful.

Its almost as so they were thinking right, it doesnt matter how shit the actors are, how rubbish the scenes are cause it will be IN 3D.

I had to laugh when one minute "the next one to die", is attempting suicide, including necking sleeping pills and hanging himself, none of which work. Theres a knock at the door to tell him that its all over. He immediately breaks out the pear cider and starts celebrating as if nothing bad has happened ever!

Another one is when one of the threesome thats still left mates get's killed. They again think they have broken the chain, whooohoo. They then completely forget that there friend is dead and start packing to go travelling!

Go see this film if you want to laugh at how bad the film is or avoid at all cost!

Thats the fun of final destination movies - how crap they are.

Its just bad story with over the top death scenes!

This film is awful.

For a moment there, I thought you were talking about the original. So, they actually remade it in 3D because 3 2D films weren't bad enough? Amazing. And they wonder why the periodically fashionable 3D gimmick is never taken seriously...

Galapagos in IMax 3D is fucking amazing though. Maybe they should just stick to nature documentaries.

Dead Snow. A film in which frozen Nazi zombies merrily chomp their way through some perky Norwegian skiers. I was pretty much sold as soon as I saw the tagline "Eine, Zwei, Die".

Verdict - Total lolocaust.

Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus. So shit it was shit. Some genius dialogue though. "We're dealing with a .......................... menace" I would suggest that a massive shark that can jump high enough to eat a fucking plane out of the sky would be more than a menace. It does feature Lorenzo Lamas of Renegade fame though.

Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus. So shit it was shit. Some genius dialogue though. "We're dealing with a .......................... menace" I would suggest that a massive shark that can jump high enough to eat a fucking plane out of the sky would be more than a menace. It does feature Lorenzo Lamas of Renegade fame though.

Have you seen Shark Attack 3: Megalodon? You should. It's much the same but even dumber. John Barrowman stars and does his usual ridiculous OTT-shouty thing, and the special effects are absolutely fucking atrocious. They start a subplot with a sinister tribal-looking person towards the beginning of the film, and then completely forget about it later on. Oh, and it's got the worst dialogue ever, too.

Which add-up to make it one of the most enjoyable films I've ever seen :p.

Check the 10-minute version on Youtube...

Have you seen Shark Attack 3: Megalodon? You should. It's much the same but even dumber. John Barrowman stars and does his usual ridiculous OTT-shouty thing, and the special effects are absolutely fucking atrocious. They start a subplot with a sinister tribal-looking person towards the beginning of the film, and then completely forget about it later on. Oh, and it's got the worst dialogue ever, too.

Which add-up to make it one of the most enjoyable films I've ever seen :p.

Check the 10-minute version on Youtube...

It looks amazing.

I watched The Dark Knight last night. 7/10. Decent enough, but not-so worthy of all the hype. Ledger was excellent though.

thats exactly how i felt about the dark knight - thought batman begins was much better.

watched 'culloden' on BBC4 last night - superb. one of the earliest docudrama's (if not the first), made in 1964, telling the story of the battle of culloden in a modern day news reporting style. totally absorbing and fascinating and extremely well put together.

Went to see District 9 tonight. Utterly fucking brilliant. Original, imaginative, interesting, thrilling, just utterly absorbing. Has monumentally pipped Inglourious Basterds as the best movie of the year. By a long, long way. Just haven't seen many, if any movies quite like it before. Just utterly fucking brilliant, Considering having heard most scenes the script was improvised it was just awesome.

Top Notch.