aberdeen-music

Posh and good restaurants in Aberdeen

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I'm sick of eating at Fandango's, can anyone recommend me something upmarket?

So far I am aware of the Silver Darling (looks nice but with a couple of bottles of wine and a tip you'd be lucky to walk away with much change from a hundred bucks) and The Marcliffe (slightly better priced but seems a bit focused on traditional food) - more data required on local posh nosh plz :help:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not too posh but certainly very good is the cock and bull at balmedie, very reasonably priced for the quality of food. also good is la bonne brasserrie on correction wynd, they do great value specials. howies is alright too and do good lunchtime offers.

i'm sure there's posher than that batch though.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

thanks for the help, I will refine my original question though and say that I'd rather find out about places in the city, also emphasis on evening menus

Tom, try the Olive Tree on Queens Road, very nice food.

To be honest, the Silver Darling is very expensive i.e. they don't even have a pricelist for their wine selection. Very good food but I don't think it's good value for money even for a posh restaurant. For a couple of bottles of vino and a meal you are probably looking at 100 per person.

Tom, try the Olive Tree on Queens Road, very nice food.

To be honest, the Silver Darling is very expensive i.e. they don't even have a pricelist for their wine selection. Very good food but I don't think it's good value for money even for a posh restaurant. For a couple of bottles of vino and a meal you are probably looking at 100 per person.

i'll second that olive tree recommendation actually, twas very nice when we went there a few years back. i'm sure it's still good. simpsons is meant to be ok too.

Not sure how posh you want. Howies is great, probably my favourite restaurant in Aberdeen but it' might not be as posh as you're looking for and the food is pretty traditional. High quality, seasonal, Scottish food but well priced.

Olive Tree and it's sister place in Bridge of Don are excellent.

Bistro Verde on the green is good for fish.

The Eating Room on Great Western Road is supposed to be alright.

If you don't mind travelling (I know you said in the city, but Stoney is only 20 mins down the road) I'll second Richard's Carron recommendation.

Some of the better one's I've eaten at recently:

Number One's - 1 Queens Terrace

Eating Room - Holburn St.

NV - Huntly Street

The Albyn - Albyn Pl.

IMO, Silver Darlings is shite for the money - been there twice thru work, and never been impressed.

been meaning to go to nv myself after hearing some good things. what's it like?

been meaning to go to nv myself after hearing some good things. what's it like?

I really enjoyed it.....not the cheapest but it's quite small and intimate, so good for special occasions. I stuck to the seafood which was excellent. Think it's one of the chefs that used to work at Simpsons that runs the place.

I really enjoyed it.....not the cheapest but it's quite small and intimate, so good for special occasions. I stuck to the seafood which was excellent. Think it's one of the chefs that used to work at Simpsons that runs the place.

I'd recommend NV too. I went there for my graduation dinner, and it was brilliant, although I don't know how pricey it was cos my old man was paying. And you're right about it being one of the guys from Simpsons.

!

The Foyer on Crown street. Without doubt one of the best in the city! Has a very good veggie friendly menu and is also a gallery, so something to look at whilst you ignore, or are ignored by, you partner or party... Not saying you will be ignored like...

Tiz top notch if you are willing to pay a little extra for qaulity

I went to La Stella in 2004 with a girl who knew someone who worked there, Had 3 courses and much wine and I think it was about 80 including decent tip, and it was quality, although that was a while ago now. Poldino's is decent Italian and Nargile on Skene St was ace the one time I was in it, Mixed Grill Kebab skewers v good.