aberdeen-music

Albums in 2008

Rob

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm REALLY hoping Thurston Moore's 'Thurston and English' finally sees the light of day.

Other than that...

anything new from Roy Harper/Espers/Josephine Foster/Tom Rapp

It'd also be great if the album Kathryn Sawers recorded for Fire records gets issued.

I'm particularly looking forward to NOTHING being issued by the Kitchen Cynics for the first half of 2008 (having done at least 12 albums in 2007 I'm knackered/burnt out/ready for the scrapyard etc)

I'm particularly looking forward to new releases from:

Jeniferever

Ef

Shai Hulud

The Evpatoria Report

UpCDownC

Thrice

City And Colour

Kayo Dot

Death Cab For Cutie

Wouldn't mind a new Postal Service album as well, but with Death Cab having one in the pipeline i guess that's fairly unlikely.

I was looking forward to the new Red Shore material as well but unfortunately their singer (along with their merch guy/driver) was killed in a van accident earlier in the week. Whether the stuff they had recorded will reach the light of day or not i'm not sure. They were easily one of the hottest prospects emerging from the Australian metal scene. It's a sad loss :down:

I'm mainly looking forward to the new Goldfrapp album at the start of the year. I heard it last month and it's absolutely stunning, a mix of Old Goldfrapp, Kate Bush and Joanna Newsom.

I also echo Los Campesinos, the International TweexCore Underground was one of my favourite songs this year, the fact that it mentions Amelia Fletcher and Sarah Records bodes well.

Also the new Death Cab album, the Camera Obscura album thats currently being written (I'm fairly sure that will appear late 2008).

Oh, and the new ones by Rancid and Weezer are out, so I'm crossing all fingers and toes that they both return to their former glories.

Gutter Twins - Debut on Subpop.

Greg Dulli from Afghan Whigs/Twilight Singers and Mark Lanegan from Screaming Trees/QOTSA colaboration. I've been waiting for this for ages and I think this will be the album of 2008 for me at least.

Hell Yeah really lookin forward to this.

Also the new Malcolm Middleton Album.

Not sure what else is due to come out!

this is a great set. martin has been releasing a steady stream of classics for years:up:

Indeed. Should folks wanna check 'em out then they can do so here: Voiceprint Music - Catalogue - Search - Attrition

This particular release is made all the more exciting in that it includes track In Your Hand from Crass' Bullshit Detector Vol. 3.