aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly raising your arms is automatic sending off?

No it's not. That's something that was created by the media, and seems to have been latched onto by the public. Violent conduct is an automatic sending off, and some raised-arm-related offences fall into this category. But as for an automatic red for raising your arms? No way.

Love from Christy

ah not so well!

I thought we played some decent football outfield, but Langfield let us down a few times (not blaming him too much , as he had some good saves as well).

We deserved to lose...pity it wasn't 3-1 or 4-2:down:

The ref seemed to give every decision to them and none to us until they were well ahead.

He's probably back in his hotel counting the deutschmarks (yes, I AM bitter).

Langfield is a clown.

Another shambolic performance in places from the boys. Stupid freekicks as usual. How many goals is that from set pieces we've lost in Europe now? Pretty much all of them i'd imagine. 2 against pana, goals in madrid, lokomotive goal, pen against bayern in first leg, 3 set pieces tonight.

In saying that it was Bayern, who have spent massive amounts, although if mackie hadn't missed that great chance and that goal hadn't been offside it could have been some match.

Still stands our defence is an utter shambles.

Last 5 games:

Dundee Utd 4 Dons 1

Celtic 5 Dons 1

Bayern 2 Dons 2

Hibs 3 Dons 1

Bayern 5 Dons 1

19 goals!!!!!!!!! Yes, that's NINETEEN!!!!!!!! Fucking terrible.

In saying that it was Bayern, who have spent massive amounts...

Saying that you do realise that we have a wealth of homegrown talent brought up through the ranks at Bayern?

Rensing, Lahm, Lell, Ottl, Kroos, Schweinsteiger and Furstner all playing in the first team on a regular basis. Also we have players like Hummels (on loan to Dortmund for match practice) and Wagner pushing for game time and they're both Bayern raised. This is the first season in a very long time that we've actually spent money as we rely heavily on our youth team.

I was disappointed that you lot lost by as much as you did but happy to see my team go through. Podolski needs more games, he looked deadly tonight and deserved a hat-trick at the very least. Toni Kroos is an awesome player given that he's only 18. He's a star of the future for both club and country if he continues progressing at this rate.

It's a pity that your league form is so atrocious that there's very little in the way of a chance of you qualifying for Europe next season so it'll be very difficult to build upon the good run you had in Europe this season.

Aye, well it's easy for a rich club to produce young talent as they have the facilities to do so. Thats a no brainer.

Bayern also spent 10s of millions of Euros as they were so shite last season. What were the actual figures spent in the close season? I know Ribery was a bomb on his own!

Aberdeen are not in the same league, or even planet. And it showed.

Although our poor defence and shoddy keeper didn't help.

Aye, well it's easy for a rich club to produce young talent as they have the facilities to do so. Thats a no brainer.

Bayern also spent 10s of millions of Euros as they were so shite last season. What were the actual figures spent in the close season? I know Ribery was a bomb on his own!

Aberdeen are not in the same league, or even planet. And it showed.

Although our poor defence and shoddy keeper didn't help.

Here's our in's this season:

Klose- 11m (Played 25 mins)

Ribery- 19.6m (Didn't play)

Toni- 8.3m (65 mins)

Altintop- Free (75 mins)

Ze Roberto- Free (Didn't Play)

Kroos- Promoted from Youth team (69 mins)

Jansen- 6.7m (90 mins)

Yes, thats a lot of money there's no doubting that but at the end of the day it could go any way in a game regardless of how much money you've spent. You can't play that card as an excuse, even big teams play shockingly bad sometimes (see Liverpool for a good recent example, they spent about as much as us and went out to Barnsley in the FA Cup who are probably on a par with you guys).

Talking about teams that spunk money on players.... spurs were my coupon buster tonight :( Could of won the cool sum of 70 :swearing:

They were lucky to escape with a draw. Wouldn't fancy them on sunday if they produce that form again...

70 quid? that all?

a few weeks when man u drew at spurs it lost me nearly 600 quid.

And, on my other line that day, the QOS result lost me over a grand......

not a happy day for me.

oh, and bloody elgin v albion (think it was 4-3 to albion or something?) lost me another 600 quid a couple of weeks before that.

gambling = mugs game