aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 goals against Gretna doesn't count as inspired football... My sons school team could do that.

I'm hoping both Teams go for it tonight and don't sit back too much. Aluko seems to be exciting the pundits and fans alike. Hope De visscher raises his game as well and adds going round men to his ability to lay a ball to his teams mates feet from the other side of the park. I also hope that more than Severin, Miller and Diamond turn up to night

And yet Aberdeen could only beat them 2-0, Celtic needed injury time to sneak a 2-1 and they beat Dundee United who are 3rd?? They aren't as awful as everyone says; there are some decent players but a shite manager.

Our 3rd goal is Argentinianesque!!

Off to the pub.

Prediction: You'll be rubbish, we'll be marginally better. Then you'll moan about ICT "bringing you down to our level", despite us playing well and banging brilliant goals in left right and center these past few weeks/months. Watch our highlights v. Gretna on the bbc website for inspiration on how the beautiful game should be played.

Yes these Abdn v. Caley games are usually rubbish. I just don't agree with you that we play boring rubbish football. Its Aberdeen's fault if they play rubbish, not ours. **Although i've heard Graham Bayne is playing instead of Niculae, so cue us banging long balls up the pitch all game ;)

I hope Tokely was as awsome as the last meeting as well. He played really well, with the only black spot being the own goal. More of the same Rossco, without the og please :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Nah your probably right.

And yes the game is to the death so it could be a late one!!!

With regards to ticket prices, it may be expensive for the quality of whats on show, but its more or less the same as everywhere else. Although i've only been to one away game this season, which was United away first game of the season, and that was 25 quid!! Im goin to get my Hearts tickets tomorrow and i reckon the'll be more than 21 quid!!

However i do agree its to much!!

So if we are getting the whle of the south stand for loko's game then where are the away fans going!!

That said i cant wait for the game tonight!! Into the semi finals by 10 tonight!!!:up:

Main Stand I'd have thought, same as Dnipro, Bohemians etc. Anyone who wants the Main Stand is more than welcome to it.

Sorry to sound so ignorent, however i was offshore for the last home European games after Hertha Berlin!!!

How a team that had, what? 2 shots on goal, can win a game 4 - 1!! I feel so sorry for all Caley supporters, robbed!!!

Byrne didn't pass the ball to an Aberdeen player the whole night. Jaime Smith is gonna be out probably for the rest of the season, thats what playing a player that aint fit will do to ya!!

We are gonna get fuckin murdered by United on Sat, then Lokomotiv on Thursday, unless we pull our fingers oot our holes!!

Thank Fuck for Beer!!!!!

Sorry to sound so ignorent, however i was offshore for the last home European games after Hertha Berlin!!!

How a team that had, what? 2 shots on goal, can win a game 4 - 1!! I feel so sorry for all Caley supporters, robbed!!!

Byrne didn't pass the ball to an Aberdeen player the whole night. Jaime Smith is gonna be out probably for the rest of the season, thats what playing a player that aint fit will do to ya!!

We are gonna get fuckin murdered by United on Sat, then Lokomotiv on Thursday, unless we pull our fingers oot our holes!!

Thank Fuck for Beer!!!!!

In fairness the penalties were pretty odds on to be goals but yeah not very inspiring...

What a horrendous game of football. Aberdeen created nothing. And won 4-1..... i'll take that. Caley created nothing either though. A few half chances and horrific defending for their goal.

Richie Byrne needs to fuck off as soon as possible. He completed 6 passes all nigth, and did his fabled pass into touch. The boy is a fucking clown.

We need to stop defending deep as fuck every game and having our midfield camped out on our 18 yard line and a 40 yard gap up to our strikers who are getting no support. Miller worked his pan in last night and was knackered by about 60 mins.

Madrid Ticket Details Announced

Aberdeen Football Club has announced details regarding the selling of its ticket allocation for the UEFA Cup Group B match in Spain against Athletico Madrid on Thursday 29th November.

Tickets will go on sale on Saturday 10th November from 9 am.

While the Pittodrie Club has currently received 3,000 tickets for the match, a number considerably less than the amount of supporters estimated to be intending to travel, negotiations are continuing with Atletico in a bid to have the amount increased. The La Liga side had originally awarded Aberdeen an allocation of 1,100, unaware of the size of the demand from the Red Army.

In the meantime, the tickets guaranteed will go on sale at 9 am on Saturday 10th November to season ticket holders, shareholders with 260 shares or more and fans who were at either of the recent away Dnipro or Panathinaikos games. A MAXIMUM OF TWO TICKETS per person will be allowed, meaning one supporter can buy for one other person although both individuals must meet the criteria above. Also both supporters receiving tickets have to supply names and addresses, passport number, method of travel and name of hotel in which they will be residing, if already known.

It is ESSENTIAL you have all this information when purchasing the tickets so you can fill out the form which all supporters are required to do under UEFA guidelines. The form is available to download below and can also be obtained from the Pittodrie ticket office. Failure to do so will mean you will not get a ticket.

Click here to download the Atletico Madrid Ticket Application Form

Season ticket holders should also take along their season ticket cards.

Official Supporters Clubs meanwhile are being allocated a portion of tickets depending on their individual circumstances regarding historical purchase patterns.

If you already have a ticket through one of the two official flights, or through a supporters club you will be excluded from purchasing tickets.

In accordance with UEFA regulations Aberdeen are strongly advising supporters not to buy tickets for the home section. The club cannot guarantee your safety and cannot guarantee you will gain access to the stadium.

Tickets, which cost 27 each, can be bought at the Pittodrie Ticket Office or by telephone on 087 1983 1903. On this day it will be Madrid tickets only on sale.

Please be aware that it will take time to process each sale.

I just got my tickets for the Hearts game at Tynecastle, and i was pleasenly surprised to see that the game is on the 10th, which is what 31 hours after the final whistle of the Lokomotiv game!!!

Why oh why does this shit happen to us, are we not allowed a recovery period? Did this not happen against Motherwell after we played a cup game on the Thursday then a league game on the Sat?

:down:

Report in Scotsman today sees last nights game and the Dons team very differently from most of the fans... When I step back and think about it we moan when they lose and moan when they win...They get aa tough rap all the time! If you look at the position the Dons are in at the moment it's fairly impressive given the crap start to the SPL season and all that. Heading up, and down the league, semi final of cup and in UEFA! Not too shabby really yes bonnie game of football would be nice but someone is doing something right.

There, that's me used up all my positive thinking for the month. Back to normal on Saturday... o_O (I just couldn't finish positively could I)

I just got my tickets for the Hearts game at Tynecastle, and i was pleasenly surprised to see that the game is on the 10th, which is what 31 hours after the final whistle of the Lokomotiv game!!!

Why oh why does this shit happen to us, are we not allowed a recovery period? Did this not happen against Motherwell after we played a cup game on the Thursday then a league game on the Sat?

:down:

The hearts game got moved to the Sunday did it not?

The hearts game got moved to the Sunday did it not?

According to the AFC website and the BBC its Sunday (i just checked) although on the tickets it says the 10th!!

The reason we are so hard on our team is because they don't play football, we've had 5 penelties in 3 games, we never look like scoring, we don't have any real football players, no-one to take the game by the balls!! Nobody wants to take anyone on, Nicholson gets in to great positions sometimes, but the rest of the players are looking behind them most of the time to notice!! Now and again there is some great play, but most of the time it results in fuck all, and it happens to rarely for me!!

We expect to much, fair do's i appreciate that, however with all the talk before every game in the papers, then come 3 on a sat have of the team most of the time look like they don't give a fuck!!

That new boy Anoulk or whatever is what i expect from every Dons player, keeps possesion barely made a bad pass and when he ost the ball, he fought like fuck to get it back!! Maybe because he is young and he has a point to prove, but i want that from all the players. Not the half arsed shit we get most of the time! (Unless its against Rangers)

Rant over, i need to sober up now!!! :up:

STAND FREE!!

According to the AFC website and the BBC its Sunday (i just checked) although on the tickets it says the 10th!!

The reason we are so hard on our team is because they don't play football, we've had 5 penelties in 3 games, we never look like scoring, we don't have any real football players, no-one to take the game by the balls!! Nobody wants to take anyone on, Nicholson gets in to great positions sometimes, but the rest of the players are looking behind them most of the time to notice!! Now and again there is some great play, but most of the time it results in fuck all, and it happens to rarely for me!!

We expect to much, fair do's i appreciate that, however with all the talk before every game in the papers, then come 3 on a sat have of the team most of the time look like they don't give a fuck!!

That new boy Anoulk or whatever is what i expect from every Dons player, keeps possesion barely made a bad pass and when he ost the ball, he fought like fuck to get it back!! Maybe because he is young and he has a point to prove, but i want that from all the players. Not the half arsed shit we get most of the time! (Unless its against Rangers)

Rant over, i need to sober up now!!! :up:

STAND FREE!!

Agreed. Thing is you don't get a penalty if you are 'not' in the box... They looked like headless chickens last night and everytime, more or less, when they keep possesion they run out of ideas when reaching the other end and back the ball comes. May have been part of the plan last night but still frustrating to watch. Missing Severin last night, which is finally nice to say...

Got a very bitter text from RossP after last nights game. Can't wait to read his thoughts on here later.

He can't have any complaints. We were poor and Caley were worse. Utter horseshit.

I liked seeing Ross Tokely storm off at fulltime and not shake anyones hand though.... bitter tosser.

I want Utd in the draw please...... or hearts.... pass on the huns.

Guest idol_wild

Hearts in the semi-final. At Tannadice. For once, Tannadice will be packed and the atmosphere would be brilliant.

If it's at Hampden, I'll have lost any remaining faith I had in the SFA.