aberdeen-music

Forgotten food

Paulscoconutass

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found that in asda last year and bought it GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADZ Min its was utttter shite no joke....Tasted like flat soda streams...LOL who remebers soda streams lol

Are you sure it was proper Cremola Foam?

The recipe was bought by Heinz who then foolishly lost it.

That was what I heard a few years back and you can never buy it online or find sites that have info on where to buy it.

cremola foam

When I saw the thread title this is what came to mind! I'm surprised it was recent enough for you to remember! (I though it went belly up in the 80s..like myself!).

I miss all the 'dangerous' stuff...lucky tatties with throat-jamming toys, corn flakes with free submarines, smoking canies(sp?), tonibell miniballs (ice cream in a plastic football...well it was dangerous when you ended up slide tackling folk on concrete pitches!).

Plus, as a drink....Blue Lagoon....I liked the stuff, but it got banned because it was the same colour as petrol, and the powers-that-be assumed that kids would be knocking back gallons of Shell and BP by mistake o_O ?(

When I saw the thread title this is what came to mind! I'm surprised it was recent enough for you to remember! (I though it went belly up in the 80s..like myself!).

I miss all the 'dangerous' stuff...lucky tatties with throat-jamming toys, corn flakes with free submarines, smoking canies(sp?), tonibell miniballs (ice cream in a plastic football...well it was dangerous when you ended up slide tackling folk on concrete pitches!).

Plus, as a drink....Blue Lagoon....I liked the stuff, but it got banned because it was the same colour as petrol, and the powers-that-be assumed that kids would be knocking back gallons of Shell and BP by mistake o_O ?(

You can still buy lucky tatties in Stonehaven, abeit without a toy. Not really that lucky at all, in that case.

And as for beef and mustard brannigans they were a meal on there own.

I'm almost certain you still get those quite widely as well, I vividly remember stinking up my girlfriend's flat and invoking her rage with them this very year. I'm vaguely certain that The Moorings sells them behind the bar non?

Cremola Foam fans may be heartened to know that after an appeal on BBC Scotland a few weeks back, they have successfuly located a tin of the stuff & have sent it off for analysis! :D

So, maybe sometime soon, we will see it for sale again & hopefully, the company won't lose the recipie!

In the meantime, how about one of my St Denis tarts:

318150314_b52fc540dc_o.jpg

This thread inspired me to dig-out my grannie's old recipie book & try my hand at some. Not had one for years! :)

....Blue Lagoon....I liked the stuff, but it got banned because it was the same colour as petrol, and the powers-that-be assumed that kids would be knocking back gallons of Shell and BP by mistake o_O ?(

Sorry to be pedantic but it was the same colour as "esso blue" paraffin, petrol isnt blue!!

Who told you that?..............Asda must have there own brand then as i defo defo bought it....And it was only last year......

Don't think so, unless the makers were testing a potential replacement?

Story here:

Scotland on Sunday - Sci-Tech - Scots in a fizz over missing drink recipe

Petitions here:

BRING BACK CREMOLA FOAM

Online Petition-Bring back Cremola Foam

You had to chuck it in vodka to appreciate the true glory of a cremola foam buzz! :D

I'm almost certain you still get those quite widely as well, I vividly remember stinking up my girlfriend's flat and invoking her rage with them this very year. I'm vaguely certain that The Moorings sells them behind the bar non?

Yes every second week on rotation with Thai Chilli Chicken McCoys and T-bone Steak Roysters, so you can kill 3 birds with one stone.

What about Vice-Versas? A crunchy white chocolate shell that was dark on the inside and, well, vice-versa.

Also, McCain Pizza Rollers; tiny dough balls filled with pizza topping. They tasted fine but were withdrawn because they got so hot in the centre, people kept severely burning themselves.