aberdeen-music

Forgotten food

Paulscoconutass

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

PUFFS, why did you have to bring them up, i miss em like i miss when my 13.50 Pocket money/paper money being all mine now most of it goes to the fuckin tax man or the mortgage lenders etc!!! (Obviosly not the 13.50, but my grown up wages i earn now).

Space Raiders are defo shite now. I remember id eat about 10 packs and it my mouth would feel like i had just washed it oot with paint stripper!!!

What about real Milky Ways, i think i remember that the new ones came out as an alternative to the original ones, but in time the original ones just disappered.

Everyone else has mentioned the other things i can remember.

I really wish they'd take back Secrets though they were the shit!!!

PUFFS, why did you have to bring them up, i miss em like i miss when my 13.50 Pocket money/paper money being all mine now most of it goes to the fuckin tax man or the mortgage lenders etc!!! (Obviosly not the 13.50, but my grown up wages i earn now).

Space Raiders are defo shite now. I remember id eat about 10 packs and it my mouth would feel like i had just washed it oot with paint stripper!!!

What about real Milky Ways, i think i remember that the new ones came out as an alternative to the original ones, but in time the original ones just disappered.

Everyone else has mentioned the other things i can remember.

I really wish they'd take back Secrets though they were the shit!!!

Milky Way...

I still remember the advert with the blue and red car having a race.

Joy.

Also nothing to do with food but....

We found an old newspaper tucked away in a switchroom on the rig dated mid-eighties and instead of adverts for mobile phones and loans, many of the ads were for garden sheds!

Also, the word 'Yuppie' was used on nearly every column in a derogatory way towards anyone who was slightly Tory. (Well it was 'The Sun'. )

So many people seem to have totally forgotten that Milky Ways weren't originally white-centered. They were so much better before.

You can still get them in America in their original format, but it's a bit of a journey for a Milky Way.

its like snickers used to marathon back in the day think it changed over around 1990 - it was called snickers in continental europe. twix were called raider in germany and they probably still are.

can you still get 'fruit salad' and 'black jack' chews?? they were 1p back in the day!!!

and another one showing me age is 'nutty bars' basically a mixture of toffee and peanuts - used to love them but havent seen them since the 80's.

Yeah, Twix's are still called Raiders in Germany.

Yep, you still get the fruit salad and black jack chews, they are well tastey but a killer on the teeth. These days you get them in packets, I think it's about 20p for a packet.

used to be 1p individually wrapped chews in my day.

• 2 weeks later...
What were those discs called that contained thone powdery stuff? or were they simply called discs? 'Flying Saucers' also rings a bell.

Yeah, they are called Flying Saucers.....I love those things. If we are thinking of the same things then they are made out of sugar paper and the powdery stuff is sherbet.