aberdeen-music

is this a good idea?

ChildofBodom

So it's like British Bulldog.

At a gig I expect the band to be playing music not making people play games.

Used to play british Bulldog at the old Donalds ice rink on spring Gardens. Now that was fun and often wet. Usually to the sound of 'Ace of Spades'. Not a wanky noodle in site! Mucho teen hormones though

...anyway, Steve Vai is pish...

...for all his funcy high-gain amps and low action custom Ibanez, he couldnae even beat the Karate Kid with an old Telecaster.

The evidence....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idb2dUtTpuU

Vai shredded, widdled and noodled for so long that Mr Miyagi grew a beard....

I gotta admit that even the Ry Cooder parts of that song are pretty crap.

Guest bluesxman

The Wall Of Death in my mind has a large, precarious, heavy brick construction lined with large spikes, barbed wire and shards of beer bottles which is easily pushed over in the middle of a field and every god awful widdly guitar wank ear torturer has to stand under it and a large crowd of Belle And Sebastian fans shove it over onto them.

EDITED - Cos it felt a bit harsh. Enjoy yer first gig. But still forget the wall of death. And play as little widdly solos as possible. Please.

Guest Phantomsmasher
The Wall Of Death in my mind has a large, precarious, heavy brick construction lined with large spikes, barbed wire and shards of beer bottles which is easily pushed over in the middle of a field and every god awful widdly guitar wank ear torturer has to stand under it and a large crowd of Belle And Sebastian fans shove it over onto them. Please work towards making this happen in your promotional campaign for your end of first gig celebration.

That is an extremely grim, yet brilliant image for this time of the morning...

Guest bluesxman
i was wonderin does anyone think it is a good idea to start a thread like this before youv played your first gig? wb

It's possibly the worst idea since Phil Collins' Mum decided it was time to start a family.

Guest bluesxman
I now have an image of a large crowd of weedy indie kids attempting in vain to push over a brick wall.

Personally I'd rather push the wall onto Belle and Sebastian.

That's exactly the image that amused me in my mind.

I never got B&S at all, but love Isobel Campbell, strange.....

Guest Tam o' Shantie

anyone planning on checking these dudes out? i'd go, but i'm terrified that their OTT live show would blow my mind and send my to the floor, convulsing and babbling in confusion (if their practices are anything to go by, this is a very real fucking possibility)