aberdeen-music

is this a good idea?

ChildofBodom

Guest DustyDeviada
I can play the start of 'Time Flies By ( When Your The Driver Of A Train)' by Half Man Half Biscuit.

Man, I used to love Chigley. And Trumpton.

And Camberwick Green.

anyone planning on checking these dudes out? i'd go, but i'm terrified that their OTT live show would blow my mind and send my to the floor, convulsing and babbling in confusion (if their practices are anything to go by, this is a very real fucking possibility)

i'm just too scared that i'll get caught up in a "wall of death".

Right that's enough having a go at the guy folks.

In an effort to actually get the thread on a more helpful track I would advise any young band about to play their first gig to read these two articles first:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36010

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36003

Honestly your biggest worry playing your first gig will be to get through it without making a mistake. Very few bands have a debut that will blow the audience away because no band can become the finished product in the rehearsal room alone. If you can deliver a solid set and enjoy it then you've made a good start.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Also, the 'Wishes did one in Watford on Valentine's Day 2004. It was the tits. Never played a rougher gig, people broke ribs cramming into the entry door and a girl got her nose broken in 'the pit'. Made us feel like 'proper punx', it did, and me and the guys went backstage and hi fived each other and lifted weights and shit.

This forum has reached new lows, i mean talking about a wall of death? You people do realise that their has been fatalities due to this "wall of death", yet you seem to make light heart humour out of it. This is fucking unbelievable. In the usa a fan died at a lamb of god gig due to this and tam o shanty you want to put this in the humour section, GET A GRIP

Close this thread it is extremely bad taste and i dont like it one fucking bit, it would be real cool to see someone die at your first gig, fucking idiots

In the usa a fan died at a lamb of god gig due to this and tam o shanty you want to put this in the humour section, GET A GRIP
You've reached a new fucking low too I see. You realise there's a difference between a Lmb of God crowd in the US and some Aberdeen band's first gig?
Close this thread it is extremely bad taste and i dont like it one fucking bit
I forgot, you're the fucking forum king right?

Guest DustyDeviada
This forum has reached new lows, i mean talking about a wall of death? You people do realise that their has been fatalities due to this "wall of death", yet you seem to make light heart humour out of it. This is fucking unbelievable. In the usa a fan died at a lamb of god gig due to this and tam o shanty you want to put this in the humour section, GET A GRIP

Close this thread it is extremely bad taste and i dont like it one fucking bit, it would be real cool to see someone die at your first gig, fucking idiots

This from someone who has the ASC logo as their avatar? Hmm.

This coming from someone with an "Aberdeen Soccer Casuals" avatar. They're a nice cuddly bunch aren't they, or are you having a light hearted joke at their expense?

Guest DustyDeviada
This coming from someone with an "Aberdeen Soccer Casuals" avatar. They're a nice cuddly bunch aren't they, or are you having a light hearted joke at their expense?

Too slow mofo! ;)

Guest Gregor Ascension
yeah well when can u play stuff like, steve vai - speed metal symphony, dragon force - through the fire and flames, children of bodom kissing the shadows etc etc u kinda get cocky lol, or maybe i am just a cocky ass

hahahahahahahaha

STEVE VAI - SPEED METAL SYMPHONY????????????

no, you cant.. because steve vai doesnt do this song.. its done by cachopony (jason becker, marty freidman). you must have downloaded that from another moron.

with regards to your michael angelo comment.. you can talk a good game, but unless you back it up, keep your mouth shut.

btw, dragonforce should be one word.

hahahahahahahaha

STEVE VAI - SPEED METAL SYMPHONY????????????

no, you cant.. because steve vai doesnt do this song.. its done by cachopony (jason becker, marty freidman). you must have downloaded that from another moron.

with regards to your michael angelo comment.. you can talk a good game, but unless you back it up, keep your mouth shut.

btw, dragonforce should be one word.

I dont think he meant that steve vai plays it just his punctuation is shite.

Guest Gregor Ascension
I dont think he meant that steve vai plays it just his punctuation is shite.

no, he has downloaded the song 'speed metal symphony' from aires or kazaa or somewhere else. some moron uploaded the song thinking it was steve vai who played this, put his name in as the artist. thats why he thinks that vai plays this song.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Metal_Symphony

You've reached a new fucking low too I see. You realise there's a difference between a Lmb of God crowd in the US and some Aberdeen band's first gig?

I forgot, you're the fucking forum king right?

fact - the wall of death causes serious injuries and fatalities something you fail to realise you moron or maybe you take great pleasure in other people suffering from violence?

Do you condone violence then?

Endorsing a thread that could result in human fatality makes you complete scum

This thread does not endorse violence and neither do I. However you have the logo for a bunch of tosspot thugs as your avatar, so clearly you feel some affinity with idiotic scum who revel in mindless violence which makes you a hypocrite.

This thread is about a new, young band asking for some advice for their first gig. If you read it properly you'll see that almost everyone has advised them not to try a wall of death at their first gig. I think it could be a worthwhile thread if you stopped posting on it and everyone discussed serious tips for new or inexperienced bands when they're starting out, which is why I'm not closing it.

Don't call me scum again thanks.