aberdeen-music

is this a good idea?

ChildofBodom

Right, well seems my last couple of posts got deleted for some reason.

This whole thread has amused me but the whole concept of some posting whether they should have a wall of death at their first gig, is a cheap, failed attempt at getting people to go see their band and it is just asking to be laughed at. Especially when you end your posts with "wb".

I've been in a few wall of deaths at Sick of it All gigs. They can be a good laugh. Not macho violence so Rune, as always you are talking poo and no one cares what you say. How can you class Wall of deaths, which is just kids having fun, and rape in the same category? You are one of the most ignorant people I have witnessed on here. If you don't like them, don't join them. But of course you don't go to any gigs in Aberdeen anyway so it shouldn't affect you.

Having said that, the worst injury ive had at a gig was at a wall of death during tearjerks set at BurstwickFest 2004 when i fell on my back and everyone decided to jump on top of me. Still, there was no violence and no one intentionally hurting each other at that gig, just harmless fun and an amazing gig.

The cloying sweetness may give you tooth decay after a prolonged listening, but I think they're one of Scotland's most underrated bands.

I was fricking toothless and hyperglaecmic by the time they'd reached the chorus, first time i heard them, so i consequently decided it would be the last. My Latest Novel are one of Scotland's most underrated.

This thread has EVERY element of what goes on in the madcap world of ab-music.com. What a cross section. Lets have a look shall we?

* Some young, enthusiastic, naive kid gets totally nailed for talking his shit up.

* Thurisaz is mildly funny/slightly annoying - it varies.

* Spoonie is very funny.

* Karma Tsunami posts something that no one really pays any attention to.

* Tom just is completely self-important and a total bell-end. He forgets the days when he first started and thought playing with Quik and then Liber8 was AWESOME!!! Now he wears stupid clothes that anyone under 60 normally wouldnt be seen dead in and listens to Saves the day and Sunny Day Real Estate sneering at people who say they like Emo if they own a Used CD.

* The Officer twins being fairly sound but still that little bit self righteous and acting like scene elders because they know who Tar, Maple and Red By Choice are/were.

* Reject Monkey trying FAR too hard.

* Jonny Lucifer talking sense and nine times out of ten saying something very true/and or amusing.

* Dave and Jan Deal being REALLY boring.

* Maxi desperately trying to claw the limelight back off of Rune to being most talked about post author. Failing miserably. Everyone is over Maxi and his tired crap!

* Paulscoconutass making you just want to punch him in the face EXTREMELY hard even more. Also reminding you that he should give up his tosswank, waste of electricity, joke band and stick to sleazing on drunk girls in liquid.

* Me to piss and moan about how if I posted some of the above stuff id be jumped on!

All we need now is:

* Medichi to come in and correct everyone's grammer and feel really smug that he did. The say that his hardcore is the best and that everything from OC isnt hardcore and is gay! Hope Con for real bro!!

* Joe Atom to turn the subject miraculously to the fact that Black Atom are nominated in the ever so important Fudge Awards and it will make his year if they win.

* Milner to TRY to say something witty and fail MISERABLY.

* Bob to come in and save Milners ass from pure embarrasment.

* Jamesy to tell us all to shut up and that Aberdeen is the greatest place in the world and we should all stop moaning.

* Dan to make a joke so crap and childlike that its actually really funny.

Feel free to add your own...oh and remember everyone...All the above is in good fun :D

Try to remain calm!

And there's the first person who took it the wrong way....

Lets put bets on who is next.

actually, i think its quite funny, but its still exceedingly sad that you took the time to do it.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

* Tom just is completely self-important and a total bell-end. He forgets the days when he first started and thought playing with Quik and then Liber8 was AWESOME!!! Now he wears stupid clothes that anyone under 60 normally wouldnt be seen dead in and listens to Saves the day and Sunny Day Real Estate sneering at people who say they like Emo if they own a Used CD.

Who the fuck do you think you are? In good jest? Get to fuck. You are nothing more than a cock, Ben. I know you wish you were still a kid but don't you think you should grow up a bit?

"He forgets the days when he first started" - do you actually read what you type? Yes, I thought Quik and Liber8 were great...what's your point?

As for dressing like a 60 year old (jeans, tshirts, jumpers...whatever next?), who the fuck are you to give me style advice? You have a Toni & Guy emo kid haircut and you wear black tshirts and girls jeans - what a fresh look, where'd you get the inspiration to pull off that one? At any rate, I'd rather look the way I do at 21 than be approaching 30 (ouch) and dressing like a fucking 14 year old.

I have never heard sunny day real estate and yes, I like a Saves The Day album...once again, what the fuck is your point and what is your fucking problem?

Of course, the above is just a light hearted tongue-in-cheek response, in totally good jest, so I am entirely justified in launching an insane personal attack on someone who I don't even know.

Who the fuck do you think you are? In good jest? Get to fuck. You are nothing more than a cock, Ben. I know you wish you were still a kid but don't you think you should grow up a bit?

"He forgets the days when he first started" - do you actually read what you type? Yes, I thought Quik and Liber8 were great...what's your point?

As for dressing like a 60 year old (jeans, tshirts, jumpers...whatever next?), who the fuck are you to give me style advice? You have a Toni & Guy emo kid haircut and you wear black tshirts and girls jeans - what a fresh look, where'd you get the inspiration to pull off that one? At any rate, I'd rather look the way I do at 21 than be approaching 30 (ouch) and dressing like a fucking 14 year old.

I have never heard sunny day real estate and yes, I like a Saves The Day album...once again, what the fuck is your point and what is your fucking problem?

Of course, the above is just a light hearted tongue-in-cheek response, in totally good jest, so I am entirely justified in launching an insane personal attack on someone who I don't even know.

Ouch...I guess i lifted your skirt huh?

I take it in totally good jest. It was pretty funny. You know why? Because I am able to Laugh at myself from time to time. Try it. It's quite healthy