aberdeen-music

top ten aberdeen bands

tobyb

Guest allsystemsfail

Are we talking only current bands, coz I can think of only one - Voice Of Aggression.

Oldies? Here we go.

SLAIN (far and away the most exciting punk/hardcore outfit to come out of Aberdeen)

ISM

BLOODSHOT

GRUNGE

BUZZBOMB

AKTIFIST

FASTARD

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by allsystemsfail:

Are we talking only current bands, coz I can think of only one - Voice Of Aggression.

Oldies? Here we go.

SLAIN (far and away the most exciting punk/hardcore outfit to come out of Aberdeen)

ISM

BLOODSHOT

GRUNGE

BUZZBOMB

AKTIFIST

FASTARD

remember, there is no more Voice of Aggression, so basically, they should be in the list with all the bands from the past.

but have to fuckign agree with you on Aktifist and Fastard. Most DEFINETELY fastard.

Check out Filthpact. 3 members of Voice Of Aggression , drummer from Fastard, and guitarist from Mike Hunt (Australian Grind band)

June 12th @ Dr Drakes with Stand-Up Guy and Involution.

Oh, and you forgot Bastard Son of Fud

Guest allsystemsfail
Originally posted by thurisaz:

remember, there is no more Voice of Aggression, so basically, they should be in the list with all the bands from the past.

but have to fuckign agree with you on Aktifist and Fastard. Most DEFINETELY fastard.

Check out Filthpact. 3 members of Voice Of Aggression , drummer from Fastard, and guitarist from Mike Hunt (Australian Grind band)

June 12th @ Dr Drakes with Stand-Up Guy and Involution.

Oh, and you forgot Bastard Son of Fud

Will certainly try to make it along to the show June 12th. Any outfit of which Jeeves is a part is gonna be cool.

Yeah, Bastard Son Of Fud were cool too. Never saw Fudrot though.

Guest allsystemsfail
Originally posted by kirkt:

theres a band from edinburgh called buzzbomb...any connection? their like misfits kinda punk stuff

No connection I'm afraid. These folks were together 1988/9.

Guest haigyman
Originally posted by Porter:

The 44's (i know they're not local but hey, they're ace!)

surely by this logic i could say any band ever - hey! i think radiohead are the best aberdeen band!! they may not be local....but they're ace!

Cheeky :p

I'd have to add We Become Less to my list since seeing them at that instore appearance and getting hold of the EPs. Eric Euan were also most impressive in Drummonds.

Looking forward to Fudgenight as been looking to see Onion Terror, Strobing Goat and The Hexagonal Pensioners for a while now. Sure Ken Hutchin'll be good as well :up:

I have to say that Lift are amongst the finest bands I've ever been lucky enough to see. I've seen them several times now and they've blown my mind every time, including one particular song with a huge outro that I can't get out of my head. It's a shame no-one seems to pay them much attention. I've seen Radiohead and U2 live and Lift eclipsed both of those experiences.

Aside from that i like Eddison, Twenty Eight, Echomind, Dr. Flaw, The Cellers, Diablo, A.K.A the Fox and Driveblind. There are plenty of bands I haven't seen of course. I'd like to see Star, they sound good.

what Edinburgh??

Nah man...Edinburgh is crap...it has virtually no scene and all the bands wanna do is play elsewhere....

Not true, Edinburgh has a phenomenal acoustic scene, people like Johnny Dread, Graeme Mearns and Julie King, alsopeople like Holly Tomas etc,maybe not a great rock scene, but a very strong scene iinother ways.

Cheers

Stuart

ART FUCK

They were outstanding... it must be said.

I really want to see The Real Shocks

We're playing this Wednesday, you lucky scamp.

Last local gig we have arranged for months and months.

We're on at Drakes, but not until after midnight... so fear not if you're watching The Needles or AKA the fox (I'll likely be at both myself).

Oh and I add AKA teh fox to my favourite band list... possibly the top of my list at that.

Lookinf forward to the lemon tree lovies ;)

Guest allsystemsfail
apparently they have a strong metal scene with Errata' date=' Zillah, In Decades Decline etc...can't think of any decent punk bands from there cept misled youth and Swellbellys are from Dalkeith[/quote']

Not forgetting Oi Polloi, Aftermath, and Social Insecurity.

Not forgetting Oi Polloi' date=' Aftermath, and Social Insecurity.[/quote']

Social are pretty much dead now. Played one of their last gigs just about 2 or 3 weeks back.

Afterbirth are still kicking about though, and should eb sticking together, just have to find a new drummer.

After finally catching up with the 17 pages of this meandering ramble, t'is time to chuck in my tuppence worth.

In no particular order:

The Simon Gall Band

The Little Kicks

The Shakes

The Cuts

Smiling Politely

The Needles

Wildcards

The Score

Sal

That's just the ones I've seen or worked with.

Folks were talking about the various scene's/crowds that exist so that's something on the to-do list. Check out the the bands I wouldn't normally see.

So roll on the summer and my drastically haemorrhaging bank balance.