aberdeen-music

Brand new MY MINDS WEAPON song!

Dan G

but jamesy' date=' like he said, it wasn't a dig. Ben says there wasnt, Callum says there was, he never said wether that was good or bad.

And crusties rule, cos when people rip the piss, we just take it. Make of that what you will.[/quote']

I just wanted to show how ridiculous this whole thing was, and that anyone can have digs at anyone...

that's all.

i never said that there was anything wrong with anyones fashion. but you cant say there is no traits of the "latest" fashion in the band. what ever you think i couldnt care what you wear, you could wear nothing but a g-string and a swimcapand i would still judge the music the same.

if you truely believe you are or are not something why argue the point? Self belief in ones self should surely be enough to satisfy your belief that they are wrong.

woah...deeeeppp maaaannnn. good words there from the stoner!

although, to be fair, thats a bit holier than thou and i've seen you on here many a time get frothy of mouth arguing about all kinds of subjects including things you're involved in.

I've succeeded in two ways in this thread. I've kept it burning on, pushing up the listens of the song AND kept myself entertained during those stretches at work where im upto date.

:D

It's not a bad tune, although usually not the kind of thing I would listen to a lot. Their sound and songwriting has improved a lot since they started, and I can see how they put their influences to good use. It's a lot heavier than I expected, and personally I think they are going in a good direction as they have quite a popular sound that appeals to fans of many metal genres and sub-genres, call what you will.

Like I said not really the sort of thing I would listen to a lot, but I wouldn't mind hearing it live at some point. It's clear they put a lot of effort into their writing and playing together.

woah...deeeeppp maaaannnn. good words there from the stoner!

although' date=' to be fair, thats a bit holier than thou and i've seen you on here many a time get frothy of mouth arguing about all kinds of subjects including things you're involved in.

I've succeeded in two ways in this thread. I've kept it burning on, pushing up the listens of the song AND kept myself entertained during those stretches at work where im upto date.

:D[/quote']

not all knowlage is instant :)

As long as you get some enjoyment out of it i say long may it continue, the time when you get too involved is the time to step back but i know you know that, and yes that was written when rather baked and to be honest its quite confusing to read, however i still think somewhere in there, there is a valid point.

Anyways back to the song, i still dont like is as much as the older stuff but if thats where you guys are heading music wise then go for it.

Live long and prosper. :gringo:

aye' date=' and i've seen you with your nose ring, greasy long hair, cut off t-shirt, baggy jeans/trousers and your general stench of stale sweat, so big deal mr smelly meathead metal, open your fucking mind.

Metal, in terms of image, is the easy to rip into the image of, in my opinion, yet you fannies get relatiely little abuse from other music lovers and still act like pricks, go figure.[/quote']

HAHAHA, you didnt read my post properly did you?

Yes i have a nose (septum) ring but most of the time i wear a retainer and you cant see it, no i dont have greasy long hair, yes i wear sleeveless tees, i wouldnt say i wear baggy jeans mabye slightly loose fitting, and im not a crusty and dont smell, you being the first person to tell me i do yet you have never spoke to me.

i wasnt acting like a prick i just said that what ben said was untrue.

Open my mind? i bet i listen to more genres of music and compose more different styles and understand more about music than you do.

Just because i dont like emo/the shite you like makes me a prick?

and the problem with wearing tight/fitted tshirts is...?

If you can carry it off then I'd positively encourage it. Personally I think nothing looks worse than baggy' date=' shapeless fabric flapping about.

My hair is cut to the side and I wear tight tshirts sometimes. I go to the same hairdresser as Ben. I must be emo.

Get a grip.

(I will listen to the song when I get home).[/quote']

I never said there was a problem with it, and i never said you must be emo.

I think it is you who needs to get a grip.

I just wanted to show how ridiculous this whole thing was' date=' and that anyone can have digs at anyone...

that's all.[/quote']

You wanted to show how rediculous the whole thing was by having a dig at me? the person who just had a valid point?

Can i ask why me? do you have a problem with me?

If you want to have a dig at me then do it when you see me in the street or out in town or whatever, but dont do it on the internet.

aye' date=' and i've seen you with your nose ring, greasy long hair, cut off t-shirt, baggy jeans/trousers and your general stench of stale sweat, so big deal mr smelly meathead metal, open your fucking mind.

Metal, in terms of image, is the easy to rip into the image of, in my opinion, yet you fannies get relatiely little abuse from other music lovers and still act like pricks, go figure.[/quote']

Jeans or trousers............the decision is yours...........

Guest bluesxman

In the pics on My Space one of the band reminds me of Hans Gruber in Die Hard. Don't know who it is though. But that's a cooler look than emo any day.:up:

HAHAHA' date=' you didnt read my post properly did you?

Open my mind? i bet i listen to more genres of music and compose more different styles and understand more about music than you do.

Just because i dont like emo/the shite you like makes me a prick?[/quote']

I owned cannibal corpse, death and Morbid Angel albums when you were 4 or 5 years old - does that mean I'm cooler than you?

[p.s. all my tshirts are size small or medium and have been for years. Baggy ones looks fucking stupid. I have always worn normal fitting jeans, and I have cut my own hair for over a year and a half. I don't really see how this affects the music or me as a person though?

What about We Shall Be Blessed? Some of them wear GIRLS jeans, have died black emo fringes and wear skinny black t-shirts? Are they emo too?]

jesus' date=' im going to clean my room and listen to the MMW discography which I have on 3.5" floppy disk.[/quote']

Thats mildly ironic, seeing as I remember about 2 to 3 years ago (when we released our first ep 'this is revenge') you came up to me in moshulu and said (or slurred) without a hint of irony; "I actually like your songs although I wouldn't admit that on aberdeen-music.com". Or words exactly to that effect.

Kind of comical that now that we are miles better and heavier you don't hesitate to rip us for it.

I owned cannibal corpse' date=' death and Morbid Angel albums when you were 4 or 5 years old - does that mean I'm cooler than you?

[p.s. all my tshirts are size small or medium and have been for years. Baggy ones looks fucking stupid. I have always worn normal fitting jeans, and I have cut my own hair for over a year and a half. I don't really see how this affects the music or me as a person though?

What about We Shall Be Blessed? Some of them wear GIRLS jeans, have died black emo fringes and wear skinny black t-shirts? Are they emo too?']

Dan, when did Calum (empty-words) call you emo or say it affected the music. He simply pointed out that you do wear tight t-shirts and have fringes.
Thats mildly ironic, seeing as I remember about 2 to 3 years ago (when we released our first ep 'this is revenge') you came up to me in moshulu and said (or slurred) without a hint of irony; "I actually like your songs although I wouldn't admit that on aberdeen-music.com". Or words exactly to that effect.

Kind of comical that now that we are miles better and heavier you don't hesitate to rip us for it.

Hows that ironic? 2 or 3 years ago i thought you were alright. Now I dont. When did "rip into you"?