aberdeen-music

Brand new MY MINDS WEAPON song!

Dan G

lol at the tescos interpretation at the word "discourse."

anyway thanks for the comments.

we sing about what means something to us...i think its called integrity or something like that ;)

It was "Tescos" and you know it.

Stick with Tescos, Markies and Sainsbury's. If you sing about Asdas then that is bad.:up:

Guest Mr Blastcap

this is actually better to my ears than the other/older stuff i heard, which i think was done at the mill (maybe maybe, nae sure- remember an intense debate about the studio budget on here).. this song works to my lugs a lot better than the older stuff, the vox seem to fit a lot more......but then i prefer diy/low budget to that "slick" production. ach well, bands get better or they just fall apart....mmw might soon turn into something i could actually listen to a whole cd of. (carefull now)

aye,....

You just can't beat lo-fi(ish) production. However, drums may always be problematic, particularly with this style of music where the sound tends, to my ears, to have a particular generic identity. I like big and open though which can be done well and relatively easily. Tuning the buggers properly is also a great starting point, a lost art at times (not suggesting this in this case by the way, just an observation from over the years).

What I noticed about this recording was how everything (guitars, vox, keys and most parts the drums) sounded together in the mix, as Mr Blastoff noted.

Too many 'studios' cannot seem to overcome that demo quality recording that lacks unity. If you can do it yourself, with a small budget, then you should. I am not advocating 'not using the studios' but it helps if you know exactly how you want to sound and to not be coereced otherwise by an engineer. Mostly (covers back as there are cases where the engineer will actually know what the hell he is talking about, its the lazy ones to watch for)

Guest Mr Blastcap
(Re-read above post and wonders who the hell I am talking too) :up:

I concur with Mr Blastedcap that this is more appealing to the ears than the other stuff.

aye its tricky to put ,usic into words. anyhow this sounds like a song rather than 10 bits stapled together. it works as music now, before this lot tended to sound like two different bands pulling in different directions. sorted.

by christ jim i had no idea that drums could be tuned, i'm away to watch the musicians channel to find out more on this fascinating topic.

Good to see your still following the trends though Ben .... from Quik when punk was in to Mind My Ego when emo choons are in.

Ben wasn't in Quik in 1977. And whether you like or hate mmw - I still don't understand how you can think we're emo? ?(

Too many 'studios' cannot seem to overcome that demo quality recording that lacks unity. If you can do it yourself' date=' with a small budget, then you should. [/quote']

Or NO budget! (except petrol and snacks :D)

Although having said that, we did have the luxury of a decent studio - it's just we had to engineer it all ourselves, and then record vocals in Nick's bedroom cupboard cos we ran out of studio time...

Was good fun, and a good learning experience though.

Thanks again to those with constructive comments/criticism :)

Ben wasn't in Quik in 1977. And whether you like or hate mmw - I still don't understand how you can think we're emo? ?(

Thanks again to those with constructive comments/criticism :)

I honestly don't know the difference between emo and what you guys reckon you's are.

When i said punk i actually meant to say pop punk trend***

No i aint deaf but i reckon i have distanced myself from the "genre"' date=' i choose to ignore it, but im interested to hear what MMW's oppinion on it.[/quote']

If pushed, I'd agree with alex in saying simply 'metal'. Although there are influences from various prog, death metal and hardcore bands as well.