aberdeen-music

Brand new MY MINDS WEAPON song!

Dan G

Also, i like the new MMW song. Its pretty darn heavy, moves along at a good pace, the vocals are well recorded and delivered and the guitars and the rest of the instrumentation sound at ease with one another. As with other folks though, i'm nae fond of the snare. Its got a wet slap feel to it :/

Sounds like your average crap that will disappear once this venomous trend dies off :swearing:

I don't understand why people get upset with musical trends. It's pointless. No musical trend will ever be as good as the prevailing musical trend of your 16th birthday, or whenever it was you "discovered music". Now shut up.

I don't understand why people get upset with musical trends. It's pointless. No musical trend will ever be as good as the prevailing musical trend of your 16th birthday' date=' or whenever it was you "discovered music". Now shut up.[/quote']

I agree.

And also, if there WEREN'T musical trends - all the people that think they're cool as fuck cos they listen to more underground music wouldn't be as 'cool' because they would be the same as everyone else.

Musical trends don't matter. I still, unashamedly, listen to the sort of things i bought and that were popular when i was younger. Good music will always be good music for me regardless of whether its part of a trend or not.

And, regardless of whether i agree with him or not, Calum the Philosopher is more than entitled to dislike whatever musical trends or genre's he likes without fear of rebuttal. His only crime here: mis-categorising MMW. Which to be honest isn't something worth getting on your high horse over ;)

hmmm.

firstly...I love Hawthorne heights. Oh and they're not christian rock. They dont preach through the lyrics either. Believe me I know. I love their music and lyrics. They arent a band that influences Weapon but they do influence me i'd say and the way i approach my lyrics in some instances. The rest of the band hate them haha!

I wouldnt say his only crime is putting us in the wrong genre. I'd say it was being ignorant to anything not to his liking, stereo typing and a completely unprovoked personal attack on me that came from nowhere. He then was called out on it and had no substance to support his argument.

hmmm.

firstly...I love Hawthorne heights. Oh and they're not christian rock. They dont preach through the lyrics either. Believe me I know. I love their music and lyrics. They arent a band that influences Weapon but they do influence me i'd say and the way i approach my lyrics in some instances. The rest of the band hate them haha!

I wouldnt say his only crime is putting us in the wrong genre. I'd say it was being ignorant to anything not to his liking' date=' stereo typing and a completely unprovoked personal attack on me that came from nowhere. He then was called out on it and had no substance to support his argument.[/quote']

Firstly, yeah you're right they aren't really preachy at all (i just checked their lyrics), i stand corrected. But in my defence i will say that i didn't say there was anything wrong with them preaching a message through their music/lyrics. But i guess they're a christian rock band in the same sense that Mae are.

Secondly, i wouldn't say he was completely unprovoked, there were snide digs at his 'ignorance' toward the sort of music you play. I'm completely ignorant towards the ins and outs of latin jazz fusion but i wouldn't expect to be mocked for simply saying i dislike it.

Any way regardless of whether he likes or dislikes a particular genre he's still allowed to pass comment on music as to be fair it was opened up for public critique by a member of your band and his earlier comments were constructive, i seem to remember him saying he didn't like the snare sound.

Anyway, childish comments aside, very nice track. :up:

Errr show me where any dig was made before he started.

The xtescoscorex comment was a dig' date=' the make up comment was a dig.

Maybe you should re-read the thread Phil (if you can be bothered and I wouldnt blame you if you weren't haha.)[/quote']

Yeah, thing is i don't think they were specifically aimed at you or the band. They seemed like light hearted banter to the outsider. Depends how you want to take it though.

And you're right, i can't be arsed reading it again ;)

Fucking hell right this sucks balls now.

Yes i admit a made a few statements directed towards Ben , fine i may think he is a complete jackass but he most likely thinks the same as me i aint going to get all high and mighty about it.

I'd rather not waste my time arguing with people older than me over the net about music.

It shows the state of affairs in Aberdoom.

I want to leave it at that if possible, the snare sound didn't fit the sound.

Yours Ungratefully

Calum "Ignorance Is Bliss" The Philosopher

Guest Gregor Ascension

ive been listening to song again, its certainly a step in the right direction. alot of michael romeo in there, the first tapping part in the solo particularly (good thing). those harmonic minor runs are textbook. the drum mix sounds a bit crap.. but im shure that can be easily sorted. too much use of that diminished type chord overall though.. the dischord can be effective, but is overused imo. could have been more melodic for my tastes, but meh. good job.

I wasn't keen on the other My Minds Weapons songs. This is my favourite, by far. The guitars sound overly like percussion instruments at times but that is part of the style.

Where was this recroded? The quality sounds very good and deffinately album worthy.

I don't like the style of singing but he gets away with it becuase it is done relatively well and recorded quite favourbly.

I like the through-composed/prog structure. The lead guitar/solo part about 2/3 of the way through is also well done and is about as much as you can probably get away with in this song.

Guest five years
ps sorry but it is what i would call emo

that's cool, your opinion and everything :)

out of interest, what are some other emo bands in your opinion?