aberdeen-music

Brand new MY MINDS WEAPON song!

Dan G

Dan' date=' when did Calum (empty-words) call you emo or say it affected the music. He simply pointed out that you do wear tight t-shirts and have fringes.[/quote']

Calum didn't say that specifically, but he was backing up others comments which basically said that we were emo because we wear tight shirts.

However he did say that I/we wear t-shirts that are "2 sizes too small" which is effectively saying; "I'm right and that's wrong".

Hows that ironic? 2 or 3 years ago i thought you were alright. Now I dont. When did "rip into you"?

The old stuff was far simpler, poppier and with every instrument poorly performed both live and on record in comparison to the newer stuff. Now it doesn't bother me if people don't like the newer stuff, that's their opinion. But I do find it amusing how anyone who is a fan of heavy music could listen to the newer music and say they think the really old one's were better...

But I do find it amusing how anyone who is a fan of heavy music could listen to the newer music and say they think the really old one's were better...

i thought your older stuff was better, this may be heavier but im still put off by the comedy vocals and generic chun chun weee weee bits. but then i still think "find me" is the best song you ever did

production-wise/finished article-wise "lucky like kokura" pisses all over this stuff, it doesnt sound canned and overproduced. it sounds meaty as fuck and doesnt sound like you sat playing to click tracks all day, maybe its live(?), i dont care, it (to me) gives a better profile of your band

Guest five years
and generic chun chun weee weee bits

didn't really listen to either of the songs did we?

for chun chun wee wee's go to www.myspace.com/bmth

i don't think, nay, i'm certain, you'll not actually find any of the typical discord nasty breakdown shapes:

D--------------------------------------

A---------------------9---9---9---9--

F--------------------11--11--11-11--

C-------------------------------------- etc..

G--------------------------------------

C---0-0-0--0-0-0---------------------

in either of those songs, as we as a band agree, they sound pretty generic.

:up:

i thought your older stuff was better' date=' this may be heavier but im still put off by the comedy vocals and generic chun chun weee weee bits. but then i still think "find me" is the best song you ever did

production-wise/finished article-wise "lucky like kokura" pisses all over this stuff, it doesnt sound canned and overproduced. it sounds meaty as fuck and doesnt sound like you sat playing to click tracks all day, maybe its live(?), i dont care, it (to me) gives a better profile of your band[/quote']

But lucky like kokura is a relatively new track, maxi (fourth most recent song that we've recorded). We re-recorded it recently in fact and it sounds a lot better than the previous half-live version we did. But then again, "a lot better" to me is probably a world apart from what you consider "a lot better", (i.e. it's now got a better guitar sound, a better mix, more in-tune vocals, tighter playing and is 'over-produced')

I'd actually say it turned out the best out of the four songs we did at the recent recording...

[We didn't play to any click tracks. Nick nailed all 4 songs in a couple of hours, inc. setting up drums-time, and we played two of the tracks about 15 seconds faster than the demo/previous recorded versions, a la reign-in-blood!]

Dan (not queen kong)

Calum didn't say that specifically' date=' but he was backing up others comments which basically said that we were emo because we wear tight shirts.

However he did say that I/we wear t-shirts that are "2 sizes too small" which is effectively saying; "I'm right and that's wrong".[/quote']Ben said none of you do, Callum said you did. He wasnt backing anyone up, he was pointing out a fact.

The old stuff was far simpler, poppier and with every instrument poorly performed both live and on record in comparison to the newer stuff. Now it doesn't bother me if people don't like the newer stuff, that's their opinion. But I do find it amusing how anyone who is a fan of heavy music could listen to the newer music and say they think the really old one's were better...

making something heavier doesn't mean I'll like it. God forbid if someone made Lynched or Deep Purple "heavier". And I might not still like the old stuff either.

Oh, and most of the music I listen to is very simple and pretty poorly performed, remember, I listen to punk.

didn't really listen to either of the songs did we?

for chun chun wee wee's go to www.myspace.com/bmth

i don't think' date=' nay, i'm certain, you'll not actually find any of the typical discord nasty breakdown shapes:

D--------------------------------------

A---------------------9---9---9---9--

F--------------------11--11--11-11--

C-------------------------------------- etc..

G--------------------------------------

C---0-0-0--0-0-0---------------------

in either of those songs, as we as a band agree, they sound pretty generic.

:up:[/quote']

whatever man, i dont really care. to me (a person is not immersed in metalcore) it has chun chun chun with wee wee bits.

-------------------

in reply to dan...

again, its an opinion to me, maybe ill like the recorded version of that song, maybe its the song that pisses over everything. who knows? who cares? it aint worth discussing

-----------------------

as for hog,

you are still a clueless tool of the highest order, everytime you try to take a pop at me i laugh at you. its tiresome, pityful and shows how much of a greetin faced baby you are. woop de doo, i think your band are shit, deal with it/get over it, i dont see any other bands throwing toys about. maybe you should take a leaf out of the weapon book, and learn to deal with people not liking your band/realise that not everyone likes pissy, weak, comedymetal. its not like i hold anything personally against you or your bandmates, so whats the deal?

whatever man' date=' i dont really care. to me (a person is not immersed in metalcore) it has chun chun chun with wee wee bits.

-------------------

in reply to dan...

again, its an opinion to me, maybe ill like the recorded version of that song, maybe its the song that pisses over everything. who knows? who cares? it aint worth discussing

-----------------------

as for hog,

you are still a clueless tool of the highest order, everytime you try to take a pop at me i laugh at you. its tiresome, pityful and shows how much of a greetin faced baby you are. woop de doo, i think your band are shit, deal with it/get over it, i dont see any other bands throwing toys about. maybe you should take a leaf out of the weapon book, and learn to deal with people not liking your band/realise that not everyone likes pissy, weak, comedymetal. its not like i hold anything personally against you or your bandmates, so whats the deal?[/quote']

Dealt with you not liking us a long time ago, it doesnt take much dealing with.

Im not throwing toys about, I seriously dont give a fuck. I made a little quip and you go off on one, lighten up.

making something heavier doesn't mean I'll like it. God forbid if someone made Lynched or Deep Purple "heavier". And I might not still like the old stuff either.

Oh' date=' and most of the music I listen to is very simple and pretty poorly performed, remember, I listen to punk.[/quote']

Fair dos, each to their own. Although if you're mostly into poorly recorded simple music then I will take the fact that you don't like our stuff as inadvertant compliment, because that is definitely NOT what we're going for!

again' date=' its an opinion to me, maybe ill like the recorded version of that song, maybe its the song that pisses over everything. who knows? who cares? it aint worth discussing.[/quote']

clearly it is worth discussing if this thread is anything to go by... :D